Dwayne the jinx smug Russell | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dwayne the jinx smug Russell

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Jesus, it's an exhibition match to raise funds for a good cause, not State of Origin. Why does it matter who plays?

Then you've got Grundy claiming the players would support SoO, while the AFLPA campaigns for a shorter season and shorter games.

The media's only job should be to promote the match positively.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I'd guarantee you if the coaches were picking their top 25 players Gary would not get a look in.
Probably not based on durability and consistency but I think they all would at his best.

He looked pretty good when he was tearing us a new arse earlier in the season but by the end of the year he was cooked.

You can only judge players by what they produce though and the fact is last season the best measure of player performance had him in the top 25 in the comp. That should have him in the Victorian team ahead of a few others.

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Probably not based on durability and consistency but I think they all would at his best.

He looked pretty good when he was tearing us a new arse earlier in the season but by the end of the year he was cooked.

You can only judge players by what they produce though and the fact is last season the best measure of player performance had him in the top 25 in the comp. That should have him in the Victorian team ahead of a few others.
If you judge him by what he did after the bye round he produced almost nothing.

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
If you judge him by what he did after the bye round he produced almost nothing.
From the outside I think Geelong would say they made a mistake with the way they managed him last year.

24 games was a crazy number to play him in, I would have thought 16-18 tops. I think the week he killed us was after his only rest for the season when he copped a week for belting Miles.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
From the outside I think Geelong would say they made a mistake with the way they managed him last year.

24 games was a crazy number to play him in, I would have thought 16-18 tops. I think the week he killed us was after his only rest for the season when he copped a week for belting Miles.
He had to get sighted at some stage. of course he belted us pre bye as it was our VFL team. Cats peaked far too early last yr as we did in '18

Reactions: 1 users

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Yes, although Geelong's flaky form after the bye round probably contributed to the desperation of playing him every week, even though his output was poor. Look, he was a great player but he only does what he used to do a few times a season now. As a Richmond fan I'm over the moon that they kept him on for another season - he won't win them many games.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
What is it with whinging and Geelong? Seem like they have a massive inferiority complex down in sleepy hollow.
Their problem is their over inflated sense of self, as their home ground advantage affords them 8-10 soft kills every season which makes them think they are better than they are.

When it counts on the big stage their true rating has been exposed in the past 4 years.

They are a good side with the added benefit of a superior home ground advantage to most other sides in the League which is reinforced by playing garbage teams and weak sides at Crapdinia Park.

I had great respect for them over their dominant period and enjoyed watching them, and loved how they went about things,however with that Salty Sooky Prick coaching them and the media stumping up for them I now can't stand them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Applying the same logic, dusty should be dropped
Nah. Dusty just paced himself all season n built perfectly to when things got important, like BOG in the Grannie. Scablett on the other hand started the season like it was a ten game sprint n was pretty much knackered by the important part of the year.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Their problem is their over inflated sense of self, as their home ground advantage affords them 8-10 soft kills every season which makes them think they are better than they are.

When it counts on the big stage their true rating has been exposed in the past 4 years.

They are a good side with the added benefit of a superior home ground advantage to most other sides in the League which is reinforced by playing garbage teams and weak sides at Crapdinia Park.

I had great respect for them over their dominant period and enjoyed watching them, and loved how they went about things,however with that Salty Sooky Prick coaching them and the media stumping up for them I now can't stand them.
Thier fans problem is they have not realised that era is well & truly over.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Superstar
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Late in the trial match pretty sure Dwayne states Collingwood would be playing against GWS in Wagga next week.

• Wow