Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
$1000 fines for staging to both Dylan and zorko.
Toby Greene...straight to the tribunal for a host of shhitty incidents
At least Zayne Dorko copped one too. That's fair. Both staged.

Toby Greene.....great player, terrible person. That was pathetic on Bont.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Doesnt deserva a fine. There was contact. It was unnecessary and after play had stopped. The umpire did the right thing. If the umpire did this more often the *smile* tough guy crap stops. Be hard in the contest. Not hard after the contest.

No fine. The AFL made a statement, no unnecessary bumps or gut punches.
Didn’t hawthorn cop 5 in qtr against Footscray earlier in the year.
Shhitwood shouidve known better.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Is there any footage of what Greene did??

There's a little bit.
Not conclusive enough to make a player sit out finals for mine. Maybe they have other angles or will use medical evidence against him as well.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Hardwick's right. No mention of every time a player ducks the head in a tackle or puts his hands in the air (like dusty did) to accentuate the hold.

I think it was great play by Grimes. Couldn't afford Cameron to gain confidence early. He preyed on Hipwood's naivety and the umpire fell for it.

If Hipwood is stupid enough to do what he did he deserves the stupidity penalty. A bit of a nanny state mentality here whereby morons need to be protected from the consequences of their actions.

If someone dives when there is no contact that is not on - that's cheating. But if someone is stupid to do something outside the rules which includes running in and bumping/striking a bloke standing the mark after play has stopped highlighting the stupidity to the ump is fair enough.

Reactions: 6 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
There's a little bit.
Not conclusive enough to make a player sit out finals for mine. Maybe they have other angles or will use medical evidence against him as well.
That was only a part of what they showed on the 7 news tonight. Showed Greene with a double fist of Bont's hair plus more rummaging around the face area. Don't know for certain if they've got more n clearer footage of the face work, but they'd need to have if they're sending him straight to tribunal.
Not sure if it was directly after the incident or at the end of the game, but Bont had some fairly decent scratches to both sides of his neck.

Reactions: 1 user

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Christian is supposed to have some vision which better shows what that grubby little sh1t did.
It's about time Greene was penalised for the dirty stuff he does. He's just an Absolute grub.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
There's a little bit.

By the sounds of it, the doggies lagged them in.
In that footage you can’t tell if he put his fingers near his eyes.
Apparently Wood complained that Greene kept on stepping on his feet. :rotfl1
The dogs seem to be a Sooky baby club.
They beat the worse 2 teams in the comp Essendon & Adelaide, they beat up on a reserve grade GWS and couldn’t handle a team that went at them. Suck it up,

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I like the Dogs but they surely saw this coming after Bontempelli caved Haynes' throat in without penalty.

If Soldo or Martin did what bomptelly did. There would’ve been a AFL inquiry and they would’ve copped 4-5 weeks guaranteed.
Similar what happened to Houli. The media would’ve lit the fuse and the AFL would’ve burnt them down

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Reasonable penalties to Grimes and Zorko for mine.

$1000 is a cheap price to pay to save a goal in a final.
Yet only one of them has been subjected to a public lynching. Not one word from the commentators regarding Zorko and haven’t read about anyone condemning his staging.

Did Sarah Olle tweet that it was “vile” ?:rolleyes:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Bomptelly’s hit on Haynes was clumsy, maybe not deliberate but he still took him out.
The AFL are weak cowards
He should’ve missed a minimum of 2.
I would’ve given 3

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Yet only one of them has been subjected to a public lynching. Not one word from the commentators regarding Zorko and haven’t read about anyone condemning his staging.

Did Sarah Olle tweet that it was “vile” ?:rolleyes:

What was vile?

Go and watch a bulldogs game. 90% of their team play for free’s.
Go and watch Lachie Hunter, Toby McLean and Wallis.

The Geelong team stop mid game and protest to the umpires

Shuey. He gets tackled around the hips and throws his head back

Gray from port. Plays for free kicks every time I see him play.

Let’s not make this a big deal. Grimes got a free kick because the Brisbane jerkoff bumped him for no reason.
The AFL in there own words ‘dosent like those things happening in the game’

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Pretty sure Ling said he should also be fined when it happened. Didn't get the subsequent coverage because it wasn't as notable an incident I guess.

The 'vile' came from some journo called Tom Chadwick, don't think he even covers footy.
Fair enough Sarah Olle must’ve retweeted it. Never heard of Tom Chadwick.

Anyway the coverage of the Grimes incident has been hysterical to say the least.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Part of the reason the Zorko performance hasn’t been singled out is because he didn’t get a free for it and Grimes did. Still not a great look for their captain.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Anyway the coverage of the Grimes incident has been hysterical to say the least.
Chadwick used to be a Foxsports host, you would recognise him. Dunno what he does these days.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Chadwick does the night shift for fox sports updates.
Seems not to be a Vic kid, more from the northern states .
Just looked him up, I’m half right,
SA kid, working out of Sydney for the last 10 years.
Might be a little crows supporter