Dylan Grimes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
melbourne, victoria
I mentioned it on another thread , Fox Sports love to write negative articles on us this year ,

Have seen it in other codes, its a similar theme, they work out who the public want to perceive as the villains , and they pump the stories out for click bait attention and to activate the trolls on social media
Exactly Kiwi. Exactly.

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
SEN discussing Dylan Grimes.

Sam Edmunds - s he a serial stager that hasn't learnt his lesson?

Jordan Lewis - yes. Should have been cited. He's hurting his reputation.

WTF? This is borderline harassment. They should be embarrassed to talk about one of the more courageous players in the comp like this.

How is it staging when it was a 50m every day of the week and twice on Sunday? This is what drove me crazy about the Rance incident a couple of years ago. Yes he exaggerated contact, but it was still a free kick. How can you fine someone in that circumstance?

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
The funny thing is , if grimes is a serial stager , so is Jack ,I would say more so , but that wont get a mention because he is part of the media family now ,

Pick their targets

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Let’s see if he highlights Diverfield as a serial stager, or Miers or Selwood? Naaahh, what was I thinking....

Reactions: 4 users

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
How is it staging when it was a 50m every day of the week and twice on Sunday? This is what drove me crazy about the Rance incident a couple of years ago. Yes he exaggerated contact, but it was still a free kick. How can you fine someone in that circumstance?
Agree. I'd suggest its laughable but its borderline abuse and no laughing matter.

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Boring Lewis is a *smile*

new to the media so he quickly jumps on the richmond hate train

the only thing thats ruining Grimes' reputation is *smile* like Lewis and Cornes

Lewis seems that type of guy that shows up at a party and everyone else leaves.
Personality of a dead cat

• Haha
  • Wow

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
I havent heard/read any of this, but I wonder why they are targeting Grimes? You couldnt target a nicer bloke than him who is as courageous as they come and plays the game at 200% intensity.

Just seems a very strange person to target when there are some well documented worse examples of stagers out there.

Tigers of Old

Proud of our Club.
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Grimes just had just about the best game of any defender in the comp all year.
This is nothing more than a pissweak attempt to take the focus off his amazing performance.

Reactions: 9 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I havent heard/read any of this, but I wonder why they are targeting Grimes? You couldnt target a nicer bloke than him who is as courageous as they come and plays the game at 200% intensity.

Just seems a very strange person to target when there are some well documented worse examples of stagers out there.
Probably wanted free wine and Grimes told them to get stuffed :cool:

• Haha

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
An aside to all this is watching Charlie Cameron continually stage for frees (watch his flapping arms) yet never get called on it.

If we play the lions week 1 of finals there can see a massive focus on Grimes tactics against Cameron. Nothing surer.

Reactions: 1 users

King Kong

Tiger Superstar
Aug 26, 2016
Morris, Cornhole and Lewis should be charged with Staging. They stage every time they try to impersonate a decent bloke. Everyone knows they are complete #$%^s though

toothless

Don't push me 'cos I'm close to the edge...
Aug 16, 2009
Did they forget already Grimes received a death threat? Talk about adding fuel to the fire and undue victimisation...

• Angry

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
An aside to all this is watching Charlie Cameron continually stage for frees (watch his flapping arms) yet never get called on it.

If we play the lions week 1 of finals there can see a massive focus on Grimes tactics against Cameron. Nothing surer.
It won’t matter.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Morris, Cornhole and Lewis should be charged with Staging. They stage every time they try to impersonate a decent bloke. Everyone knows they are complete #$%^s though
they stage every time they open their mouths or write something

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

Because he’s playing really well and hes a big part of our success. It’s not about the individual, it’s about the hatred of Richmond.

AstuteTiger

Jumpin Jack
Feb 25, 2007
Because he’s playing really well and hes a big part of our success. It’s not about the individual, it’s about the hatred of Richmond.

Spot on the media has been at us for most of the year. I saw Danger dive when Aarts barely touched him in the last no mention of it. If that was Grimes wow it would've been shown from every camera angle.

On lynch, had he pushed a player into a cats player and he did his ACL, he would be front and back page news. Hawkins is a serial pusher but the media turns a blind eye.

I know we have copped it but geez I feel its Richmond V the world and its galvanised the players.

Reactions: 6 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
There is a pressing matter. Is Grimes All Australian captain this year?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
There is a pressing matter. Is Grimes All Australian captain this year?
Is Kane Cornes chairman of selectors?.... it'll be b2b love child Nathan with his old team mate Neale as VC I reckon.
Dylan be lucky to get in past stalwart Stewart, Andrews, Moore, Rampe, May, whats that captain fellas name at port etc.... anyway you get my drift. .... dunno how we snuck him in last year!