Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Reckon they all pretended Grub was just falling backward while marking n it's his own fault his bonce bounced off the deck.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Fair enough but I stand by it.

Even Beethoven had his critics.
I like the Beethoven line. Although very different assessments between personal musical taste and being critical of how professional medical people have operated I think.

Being confident that you are right is not the same as being right.

Opinions are all well and good, its why we love this forum, but the nagging urge to be right on a medical matter like this and spending the effort in trying to prove it seems tiresome.

Reactions: 1 user

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Got this from BF. Surely this is the moment that Grimes got his delayed concussion.

It's a clear warning sign when you see the hands reach out in front like that.

Players are usually down in the month after a concussion, we shouldn't automatically expect him to be at 100% in 9 days against GWS.

And btw, after seeing this footage, it's clear Bruce caused his opponent's head to whiplash into the ground. I know marking contests hold a special status in the AFL's measures to reduce concussion, but this is a negating action without any justifying logic behind the exempt status that is reserved for the big marking contests with key forwards, which has been justified because it's been a major draw for the sport for decades. It's just not necessary to drag players down after they take a mark.

Last edited:

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
there was a time not that long ago, where that was textbook 50m, every time.

the 15m penalty was brought in to stop this professional hinderance.

then they made it 50 to stamp it out.

now you can run back with no eyes on the ball and coat hanger a bloke who takes an easy mark,

but you cant scratch your arse standing on the mark.

*smile* me they've distorted the rules

Reactions: 10 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
I played for North Ballarat, so you used to win a bar tab at 'The City' if you played well in the U14's

I played a lot of pool in the Millars too.

thats the thing with 'Ol Ballarat, there was a myriad of options for misspending your youth.
82 options if I recall correctly...

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Vlastuin back from injury is a great replacement but I'd prefer Grimesy out there tomorrow night.

I suppose Vlastuin assumes the role of Vlastuin, and broad becomes Grimes?

Broady in career best form, so he should be able to do Grimes with aplomb.

Dave gets Accident Elbows, Balta gets Cameron,

the rest dont really matter

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Huge loss. Tough game for the Vlaustinator to be coming back to. Being the superstar he is, hopefully he does a number on them.

Reactions: 2 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Floss will be happy ElbowField is out!
Floss just needs to get through a game without mishap. But expect twin elbow and shove merchants, Hawkins and Cameron, will target him knowing Tigers' players are fair game with impunity where umpires are concerned.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just watching the replay now, anyone notice Greene going for Grimo's eyes in that late 3rd quarter tackle?

Bad habits die hard. Flogs just walk by whistling in the air.....

• Angry