Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
What a player.

Would love for him and Ash Barty to get together and have half a dozen boys.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Difficult few weeks coming up for him must be difficult looking around for Noah and Broady and Vlas and they arent there.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Probably the only player that can hold his head high tonight. A champ.

Reactions: 1 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Its a shame at this point in his career he's having to play against the first forward each week when he should be playing the third man up intercepting hopefully to further lengthen it a bit

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Without Grimesy intercept marking , we would have lost by 30+ points
100 points without him.
He was the only defender capable of defending.
Short can't stop the Thomas, Cameron, Papley types.
Astbury is finished was useless last.
Cathwaite we are taking the *smile* playing him.
And Rioli don't back is the biggest act of desperation ive seen since the day Wallace moved Pettifier into the centre.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Dylan seems to be struggling at times but we should not be surprised as he seems to be shouldering all the hard yards on defending since we lost Balta, Broad, Vlaustuin and a tired Astbury. He still gives his all though the champion he is

Reactions: 2 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Actually had to do a search to find this thread.
Went back about 6 pages, nothing.
Shame on us. No way to treat a Triple Tiger Legend.

Would like to say Thanks for another consistent year, Optimus.
Love this bloke.
Yes, he was off in a few games. Pretty sure that would almost apply to the whole list.
Absolute jet.

A lot of Captaincy talk.
Will Cotch keep doing it? Does he need to be released from the burden in his final year?
Wonderful leader, no doubt, but slowing badly.
Strange that Dimma mentioned publically he would leave it up to Cotch to decide.
Sort of putting it out there to an extent.

There has been much talk of Floss Tone virtually being the next cab off the rank for the top gig.
I (as an unabashed fan of Floss) am a hard no.
He has recently gotten very undisciplined and petulent. Giving away 50's and gimme goals. Back chat. Lots of back chat.
Don't know if he lost interest as our Finals chances dissapated or frustration with the Covid parameters, maybe both.
Short story, no as Captain Tigger.

Fridge, potential future Captain, yes. Operative word being future.
He's still finding/developing his game. Was more consistent this year.
Again at times he too went missing.

Optimus Prime is my next Captain.
I reckon he's got 2 good years left. Maybe 3 if body holds. He's just turned 30.
He can groom some of the other guys.
Then Floss (if he sorts his *smile* out) or Fridge.
Back to Grimer.
Very consistent, dependable, disciplined, relentless.
He pretty much leads the backline anyway.
He always interviews well.
IMHO would make a wonderful Captain and leader of the RFC.

A Coll mate of mine back in the good old days when going to the footy at the G wasn't a health hazard once referred to him as "A Grime against Humanity!" when he torched Mihocek, Thomas, Elliott anyone the Carringbush would put up against him.
Love it.

Vote 1
Optimus Prime.

Reactions: 13 users

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
Actually had to do a search to find this thread.
Went back about 6 pages, nothing.
Shame on us. No way to treat a Triple Tiger Legend.

Would like to say Thanks for another consistent year, Optimus.
Love this bloke.
Yes, he was off in a few games. Pretty sure that would almost apply to the whole list.
Absolute jet.

A lot of Captaincy talk.
Will Cotch keep doing it? Does he need to be released from the burden in his final year?
Wonderful leader, no doubt, but slowing badly.
Strange that Dimma mentioned publically he would leave it up to Cotch to decide.
Sort of putting it out there to an extent.

There has been much talk of Floss Tone virtually being the next cab off the rank for the top gig.
I (as an unabashed fan of Floss) am a hard no.
He has recently gotten very undisciplined and petulent. Giving away 50's and gimme goals. Back chat. Lots of back chat.
Don't know if he lost interest as our Finals chances dissapated or frustration with the Covid parameters, maybe both.
Short story, no as Captain Tigger.

Fridge, potential future Captain, yes. Operative word being future.
He's still finding/developing his game. Was more consistent this year.
Again at times he too went missing.

Optimus Prime is my next Captain.
I reckon he's got 2 good years left. Maybe 3 if body holds. He's just turned 30.
He can groom some of the other guys.
Then Floss (if he sorts his *smile* out) or Fridge.
Back to Grimer.
Very consistent, dependable, disciplined, relentless.
He pretty much leads the backline anyway.
He always interviews well.
IMHO would make a wonderful Captain and leader of the RFC.

A Coll mate of mine back in the good old days when going to the footy at the G wasn't a health hazard once referred to him as "A Grime against Humanity!" when he torched Mihocek, Thomas, Elliott anyone the Carringbush would put up against him.
Love it.

Vote 1
Optimus Prime.
no contest - '21 b&f, '22 cap.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Like a lot of big guys almost continuous footy for four years and generally taking the brunt of the load Grimesy has to be burnt out right now. A few months rest and relaxation on his winery and farm and he will be back on song again. Hopefully instructing Astbury's replacement Miller? (had to get that in) on the finer points of defence

Reactions: 1 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Congratulations to Dylan Grimes! Well deserved Jack Dyer Medal winner this year.

I've always loved the tough, dour defenders who aren't flashy but do their job, which is what I originally perceived Dylan to be. Didn't expect him to improve every year and turn into the absolute gun he is today, especially with his injuries early on.

Reactions: 5 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Richmond man. Farmer, country boy. He’s a 2021 throwback.

I‘ve never seen anyone speed up when they know contact is coming. Read that again. Feel it. Imagine it.

Dylan Grimes does it every week.

Reactions: 3 users