Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
First quarter, 2017 Prelim final against GWS. Ball kicked to Himmelberg on a string lead to wide half forward flank. Que the Grub, charging back into forward line on the diagonal towards the boundary line to make the contest. I’m sitting 6-12 rows back Souther Stand ground level on another the 50m line.
Grub full pelt, marginally late, makes Himmelberg earn every bit of it. Free kick HH. Heard the impact from 30 metres away. I think Himmelberg missed thdd we shot cannot recall but it was inspiring to see the Grub’s speed, intent and impact. Bloody hard but fair. Himmelberg wore it pretty well too, no sooking etc, but gee the Grub hit him. Can still see and hear it.
Love my backmen and Grimes is so so dependable. He has towelled up so many forwards in his day, tall, short and d sad slippery. Cannot recall Betts or Motorcross man ever really getting hold of the Grub.
Thanks Dylan and well done on a great year (again)!

Reactions: 3 users

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
A fitting reward for overcoming years of injuries to turn into one of the best defenders we have ever had.

3 x Premierships, 1 x All-Australian, and now a Best & Fairest winner. Terrific result.

Reactions: 3 users

Brian H

Tiger Cub
Jul 26, 2013
Absolute gun. One of the best defenders I have ever seen. Us tigers know what we have with Dylan. I'm glad the other footy morons still have no idea how good he is, so he can smack them, spoil them, beat them, out mark them and run off from them and they have no idea he is coming. He has immence capabilities, if only the so called experts knew who he was for the all Australian team. A fantastic club champion and richly deserved, one of my all time favourites.

Reactions: 6 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Congratulations, Grimesy, so hard-earned and so deserved. An all-time RFC great defender.

Reactions: 2 users

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Absolute gun. Fast. Feared. Rarely if ever beaten.
Only 1 AA blazer says it all about the stupidity of the process and the panel that select the AA team.

Reactions: 6 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
First quarter, 2017 Prelim final against GWS. Ball kicked to Himmelberg on a string lead to wide half forward flank. Que the Grub, charging back into forward line on the diagonal towards the boundary line to make the contest. I’m sitting 6-12 rows back Souther Stand ground level on another the 50m line.
Grub full pelt, marginally late, makes Himmelberg earn every bit of it. Free kick HH. Heard the impact from 30 metres away. I think Himmelberg missed thdd we shot cannot recall but it was inspiring to see the Grub’s speed, intent and impact. Bloody hard but fair. Himmelberg wore it pretty well too, no sooking etc, but gee the Grub hit him. Can still see and hear it.
Love my backmen and Grimes is so so dependable. He has towelled up so many forwards in his day, tall, short and d sad slippery. Cannot recall Betts or Motorcross man ever really getting hold of the Grub.
Thanks Dylan and well done on a great year (again)!
He did well against Betts, but his dominance against Cameron is on a whole other level. Has been living rent free in that guys head for years.

Reactions: 4 users