Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
10 years ago I used to watch a lot of vfl live and I remember posting on here that I thought I had seen 3 players with excellent chances to have long and successful careers for the Tiges.

Ben Griffiths, Matt Dea and Dylan Grimes

1 out of 3 isn’t that bad:)

He looked a really good player then but I didn’t realise he would be this good . One of the great Richmond defenders we have seen.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
10 years ago I used to watch a lot of vfl live and I remember posting on here that I thought I had seen 3 players with excellent chances to have long and successful careers for the Tiges.

Ben Griffiths, Matt Dea and Dylan Grimes

1 out of 3 isn’t that bad:)

He looked a really good player then but I didn’t realise he would be this good . One of the great Richmond defenders we have seen.
The only thing that held Dylan back in those days was injury. It was great to see him turn into a fantastic mark, because in his first few senior appearances he always spoiled the ball. From memory that was what the coaches instructed him to do.

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
He's no four-time All-Australian Tom Stewart.

He's much better!
Two defenders walk into a bar.
One has 4 AA blazers.
The other is a 3 time Premiership champion.
The barman turns to the one with the blazers and asks “what’s with the long face?”

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Congratulations to new captain Dylan Grimes!

As captain, he carries with him the timeless attitude of endless self-improvement. His career wouldn't have got off the ground without it.

People talk about Dylan's innovative quest to heal his body in Germany before his career took off, but psychologically, he's had the same type of transformative effect on himself and his teammates through his mindset. His mindset to endlessly search far and wide for an answer that few people would / could pursue saved his career early on, and he carried that mindset forward into other areas of his career. It led to him learning about innovative practices and philosophies that few others have the benefit of discovering.

The club's role in this process was simply to fully support an unproven, lesser-talented kid before he developed into a great player. Dylan's success story reflects the club's commitment under Gale and Hardwick to nurture the players as people first and foremost. At another club, Dylan's brother experienced the inverse with his injuries, captaincy, and even draft position.

In short, the club treated players as people first. A scrawny kid was selected after the main draft in 2010. He searched far and wide to get his body right. It worked. He searched far and wide to get his mind right and whatever other advantages he could find. Shared it with his teammates. Success followed. And more success. And more. Drank wine. Became captain.

Well deserved!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 21.52.20.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 21.52.20.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 21.52.20.png
    179 KB · Views: 9
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Congratulations to new captain Dylan Grimes!

As captain, he carries with him the timeless attitude of endless self-improvement. His career wouldn't have got off the ground without it.

People talk about Dylan's innovative quest to heal his body in Germany before his career took off, but psychologically, he's had the same type of transformative effect on himself and his teammates through his mindset. His mindset to endlessly search far and wide for an answer that few people would / could pursue saved his career early on, and he carried that mindset forward into other areas of his career. It led to him learning about innovative practices and philosophies that few others have the benefit of discovering.

The club's role in this process was simply to fully support an unproven, lesser-talented kid before he developed into a great player. Dylan's success story reflects the club's commitment under Gale and Hardwick to nurture the players as people first and foremost. At another club, Dylan's brother experienced the inverse with his injuries, captaincy, and even draft position.

In short, the club treated players as people first. A scrawny kid was selected after the main draft in 2010. He searched far and wide to get his body right. It worked. He searched far and wide to get his mind right and whatever other advantages he could find. Shared it with his teammates. Success followed. And more success. And more. Drank wine. Became captain.

Well deserved!

Could be wrong but pretty sure it was Dylan that first started working with Emma Murray and through that other players and then RFC turned to her.

Congrats to both Dylan and Nank, love them both as players!.

Reactions: 5 users
Feb 25, 2007
Richmond co-captain Dylan Grimes underwent surgery today to repair a ligament injury to his left thumb.

The injury occurred in the second quarter of Saturday’s AAMI Community Series match against Hawthorn at Devonport Oval.

At this stage, Grimes’ availability is doubtful for the Tigers’ round one clash against Carlton at the MCG.