Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Rain forcast tomorrow night.. might more suitable conditions for someone like Grimes... might, and I say might bring the importance of Hale, Buddy and Roughhead down a notch if the pill is wet.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
RUNVS said:
Good Luck, But i am afraid he will get scared. Buddy and/or Roughy are going to have a day out on sat night. I hope I am wrong.

Good chance he will struggle against one of those two boys, but he'll be better for the experience.

Opulentus Tigris

Tiger Superstar
Dec 8, 2007
Wodonga
Baloo said:
Good chance he will struggle against one of those two boys, but he'll be better for the experience.
Agree....let's not get ahead of ourselves. The experience for Grimesy will be invaluable for his development. A long term view must be maintained. A competitve effort against the Hawks given our backline deficiency through injury and suspension will not be demoralising for the team or the individual backline players. Would love a win, but more than likely we'll struggle against the Hawks forwards.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Tiger Pops said:
Rain forcast tomorrow night.. might more suitable conditions for someone like Grimes... might, and I say might bring the importance of Hale, Buddy and Roughhead down a notch if the pill is wet.

Rain will help us. You'd also think Jack would be one of the better wet weather big men, vice-like grip and brilliant at reading the ball in flight.

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
I thought Grimes did okay tonight given the circumstances - he showed good compsoure at times and his reading of the play was not too bad. It was a shocking night and the team played crap but there were some positives that he can take from the game.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
MalenyTiger said:
I thought Grimes did okay tonight given the circumstances - he showed good compsoure at times and his reading of the play was not too bad. It was a shocking night and the team played crap but there were some positives that he can take from the game.

Agree. Well done kid.

Jezza81

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 9, 2008
Did really well when you consider it's only his second game, definately something to work with.
Thought he showed some smarts by letting Franklin drift forward while protecting the I50, knowing full well if he followed Franklin and he took off, he would never be able to catch him.

MightyTiger

Tiger Rookie
Nov 20, 2010
I thought Astbury and Grimes did well considering they have a combined total of 22 games played between them.

Don't think I saw Roughy or Franklin beat either of them in a 1 v 1 contest all night.

Bloody tough ask for the young kids to do what they did. :clap

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Grimes was Ok tonight. Astbury improved too. It was our work rate around the contest which was disappointing tonight.

monteath

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 16, 2007
Richmond
Jukes Extended said:
Thought he was okay too, did alright in the one on one contests.

I must have been at another game! He was destroyed in every contest. His effort in the last quarter when no one was near him and he missed the punch by a foot, was indicative of a rabbit in the head lights. he is too small fot a KPD and too slow for a running defender. That is why he wasn't drafted. We are the only idiots who couldn't see that. Just another Paddy Steinfort.

MightyTiger

Tiger Rookie
Nov 20, 2010
monteath said:
I must have been at another game! He was destroyed in every contest. His effort in the last quarter when no one was near him and he missed the punch by a foot, was indicative of a rabbit in the head lights. he is too small fot a KPD and too slow for a running defender. That is why he wasn't drafted. We are the only idiots who couldn't see that. Just another Paddy Steinfort.

LoL. :rofl

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
monteath said:
I must have been at another game!

You certainly must have!

His second AFL game on the hardest forward to play on and the Richmond midfield doing him no favours. Grimes did reasonably well given the circumstances.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
monteath said:

One of the dumbest posts I've seen in ages. Yep he went the punch too often and a touch jumpy with the ball being pumped in so often but he actually showed his potential tonight.

BTW 193 cm and probably the quickest tall on our list.

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
Doesn't look 193cm, maybe it's because he haunches over/has poor posture.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
bowden4president said:
You certainly must have!

His second AFL game on the hardest forward to play on and the Richmond midfield doing him no favours. Grimes did reasonably well given the circumstances.

Agree with this. I thought he did OK in a mission impossible assignment given how badly our midfield was smashed. I think there is a bit to work with. I'd rather perservere with him than Rance. At least Grimes looks like he has a bit of a clue what he has to do.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Barnzy said:
Doesn't look 193cm, maybe it's because he haunches over/has poor posture.

What I noticed Barnzy was his closing speed and the fact he kept meeting the ball at its highest point and with a fairly quick and tall opponent that was quite impressive.

I know he has good hands and a good rebounding game so really happy with his game. His decision making at times was a bit panicked but he will learn.

The next test will be how he goes on a Dawes or Hall or resting rucks.