Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Have a look at the Grand Recollections video on the RFC website. Grimesy talks about the taipan in the club's dining room the Thursday before the grand final. He said "we wrangled the snake and we won the grand final". I hope there were none of the starting 22 who decided to be heroes. This is why we have reserves.

Also, hopefully they have interviewed the whole team in the grand recollections series.
They all had an interview last year :cupgold

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I just read an article on the club website about a skinny kid called Dylan Grimes at the start of his career. Remember when more than a few of us thought his body (hamstrings) were not strong enough to get his past 20 games? Look at his now a three times premier, an AA and one of the best defenders in the league!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Shuts down Betts in 2017
Shuts down Greene in 2019
Shuts down Rohan & Dangerfield in 2020.
This 3 x Premiership champ should be a 4 x AA.
Superstar defender, best in the comp.
strange that after having 2 really dangerous forwards in '17 and '19 they gave him a couple of easy assignments, with neither being noted big game players.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Grimes reminds me very much like another excellent defender we had in the name of Barry Richardson who was the only player to keep Hudson goalless in a game.Hafey switched Richardson to the forward line in his later years which ended up him kicking five goals in our 74'grand final win which completed that era of four flags.Wonder if Grimsey can do the same?

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
My hand is up, I was sure the hammys were going to end any potential career... let alone the stellar one witnessed to date!

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
His early games showed what he is capable of when he has 50-100 games in him, unfortunately with his injuries its taken some time.. I think without injuries this kid will be a gun.. I for one hope he has a good run for his next 100 games and i will make a big call but i could see him being an AA in the future if he stays injury free!

Unfortunately IMO he takes time to come back to good form from injuries, some players like Lids resume normal gun activity...

This was back in 2015, first time ive quoted myself but i could see it with Dylan, i remember watching his first game which he had a good one thinking this bloke is hard and just has it, love Dylan and thank christ his injuries have stayed away mostly!!!

• Love

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
And he also makes great australian wine which we all should support considering the China bullying situation

Has anyone tried the wine? I ask as I bought a dozen but will be sitting on the Pinot for a few years, the Cab for longer and haven't had a chance to try the sparkling yet.

They also sell beer, no ageing needed and quite nice.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Has anyone tried the wine? I ask as I bought a dozen but will be sitting on the Pinot for a few years, the Cab for longer and haven't had a chance to try the sparkling yet.

They also sell beer, no ageing needed and quite nice.

DS
I'll drink to that.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
This an interesting year to reflect on the path of Dylan Grimes to the Richmond list in 2010.

It was a try before you buy thing. Having been overlooked in the ND Grimes came down to Punt Road to try his luck against established AFL players a training.

The bloke was a smash. And we took him in the PSD.

Because of the lack of one crucial year of exposed form for two thirds of draft prospects, and shrinking lists, fewer players will be drafted in 2020. And with extra drafts throughout 2021 the overlooked can try out at clubs and get a call up.

Maybe we can get another Grimes class player this year.

Reactions: 5 users

backpocketplumber

Tiger Rookie
May 19, 2014
I like the cut of your jib Jack..... I think there will be some exciting footballers available. Will be really interesting to see who’s been left on the table. I’ll back our mob to get amongst it when the time comes.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
This an interesting year to reflect on the path of Dylan Grimes to the Richmond list in 2010.

It was a try before you buy thing. Having been overlooked in the ND Grimes came down to Punt Road to try his luck against established AFL players a training.

The bloke was a smash. And we took him in the PSD.

Because of the lack of one crucial year of exposed form for two thirds of draft prospects, and shrinking lists, fewer players will be drafted in 2020. And with extra drafts throughout 2021 the overlooked can try out at clubs and get a call up.

Maybe we can get another Grimes class player this year.
Like it.
Get a couple of smokies into the VFL side?

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Speaking beautifully on Ch 9. Said this flag is the best of all due to the difficulties. Initially planned to return home after 14 days in the hub due to business pressures. Basically confirmed that outside criticism created internal doubts but ultimately led to the club pulling together even tighter.
I sent this to someone on here this morning but figured I'd share it on here too for those who missed it.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
l. He said "we wrangled the snake and we won the grand final"

Could be a euphemism for the erotic play with mabior chol?

Shorty proved all those, including me, who doubted hes an elite snake wrangler, very wrong.....

And we won the grandfinal

Reactions: 1 user