Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Their main wines are white wines (sorry, I know nothing about white wines as I am a red drinker) and Pinot Noir. Pinot is well suited to the region so should be good, but ask me in a couple of years as I store wine to age.

They also do sparkling and I should know more about that after Christmas as I bought a few bottles, that should be drinking well now given they are selling a 2015 sparkling.

The beer is nice too, no need to age it either.

Be sure to include a message about the Tiges in the delivery instructions, they said they had been getting a lot of these.

DS

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Essenbong supporter who abused and threatened DG after the Dreamtime game this year has been fined $1,000 (donation to Alanna and Madeline Foundation), 6 months good behaviour, and must write a "genuine" letter of apology. No conviction recorded.

Frankstone idiot who did similar faces court in May.

Reactions: 3 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Lucky to have such a down to earth bloke.... (amongst all those other dteb's) on the list!
Would've enjoyed this trip home from Qld in my younger days!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Lucky to have such a down to earth bloke.... (amongst all those other dteb's) on the list!
Would've enjoyed this trip home from Qld in my younger days!

Thanks aoc. Great interview.
What a beauty this bloke is.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
How good is this bloke? What a star.
Totally dominated didnt he.
The opposition will be puting time in him in the real season. But even when he is beaten he is so quick to recover and shut them down. Was it Thomas he tackled when 15m out?
Overall he just did as he pleased for the first half

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Totally dominated didnt he.
The opposition will be puting time in him in the real season. But even when he is beaten he is so quick to recover and shut them down. Was it Thomas he tackled when 15m out?
Overall he just did as he pleased for the first half
Astbury , Vlastuin and Broad weren't too shabby either . Between these four we have a defence for the ages

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Love this bloke and Dylan loves Dusty saying "he is the best clubman he has ever played with":)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
A few of us were asking the question last week how our champion defender is traveling this season?

The consensus was that at this time of the year he's about 20% off the elite levels he's been for the past few years.

Whilst he's still playing his role (& doing a decent job) he's not doing a few of the things we have become used to.
His ball handling & intercept marking have noticeably been a touch off.

Either the oppo are putting more work into him, the speed of the ball coming into defence is affecting his game ,or more likely he's carrying a niggle..
Not entirely sure what it is but he's definitely played much better than he is currently.

It's a long year, hopefully starts to work into the season as it progresses & he gets back to playing the footy we've become used to.

Reactions: 1 user

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra
A few of us were asking the question last week how our champion defender is traveling this season?

The consensus was that at this time of the year he's about 20% off the elite levels he's been for the past few years.

Whilst he's still playing his role (& doing a decent job) he's not doing a few of the things we have become used to.

Either the oppo are putting more work into him, the speed of the ball coming into defence is affecting his game ,or more likely he's carrying a niggle..
Not entirely sure what it is but he's definitely played much better than he is currently.

It's a long year, hopefully starts to work into the season as it progresses & he gets back to playing the footy we've become used to.
I think he is probably missing Flossy as well. The Red Menace is integral to our defensive structure and without him it forces Grimes to be a bit more accountable.

Reactions: 6 users

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
He's been down a bit this season but there were better signs against St Kilda. I've wondered if he's been carrying a niggle.

Agree that Vlossy out is a factor. Also reckon its probably a bit unsettling to the back unit with Astbury and Balta doing ruck cameos.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

More than likely a combination of things for Grub being a touch off his usual premium miserable defender.
TBR indicated earlier that he copped a Nank hip through the ribs in pre season that may be affecting him.
Flossy being out of the side messes with the structure n set up a bit.
Late finish to last season n shortened pre season has probably had the whole side down just a touch on form early.
No premierships in April, last few years we've eased into the season proper rather than charging in at 100% from game one.
New rules of less interchange and STAND the mark have made rapid open end to end transition just a bit quicker, requiring adjustments to the defensive structures in the early games.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Lambert’s injury doesn’t sound very promising.
Think the reduction in soft cap and the loss of Rob Innes is going to have a significant impact to our injury management and recovery program. We lost one of the very best there.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Think the reduction in soft cap and the loss of Rob Innes is going to have a significant impact to our injury management and recovery program. We lost one of the very best there.
He went to the Swans?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Going by Burge's report it sounds as if they may have misjudged some of the initial signs before Lambert hurt himself.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Think my theory was shared that in round one Nank smashed him in the air and probably popped a rib. I suspect he is toughing through with Vlastuin out and Houli underdone.

They may well decide to give him a chop out this week to try and reset his body.
About 15-20 minutes left in that game, he was straight in front of me, obviously I was in the stands lol, and we kicked a goal. He was absolutely buggered and looked to the bench literally pleading to come off. Watching him hobble to the bench looked like he was gasping for air badly, I straight away had similar visions to Rance 2018 getting injured.

I reckon you are right on the money about a hit to the ribs.

Reactions: 1 user