Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
If that was Lynch that pushed an opposition players head into the ground as Bruce did, the media would be on it for days on end.
Also if you had any doubts the umpires this year have been crap, just look at the performance of the emergancy umpire from the Bulldogs game. Disaster.

Reactions: 3 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
The Josh Bruce game was interesting. Too much snipe and not enough jump at ball.

My daughter in-law called Bruce for running away from the ball after half time.

Spiteful players are usually soft and Bruce was all of that.

I think it could be career for Josh Battler. If he gets a focus for softness he will wilt and then disappear.

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I've never seen an instance of a football-related mystery concussion where no-one had any idea of how it occurred.

I suspect we are covering our arses here.
Tyrone Vickery got hit during a game by the mystery bus. Went down like a bag of Colvan chips.
Never attempt to explain the unexplainable.
Unless Josh Bruce is involved.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Could be wrong but I think we're resting/rotating players without the added attention. Vlastuin returning gives Dylan a chance to recharge the batteries.
He's been moderately off & I reckon it's in part to Nick's absence.

I think we will do whatever it takes,

to keep Melee Mansell in the side.

especially coming up against one of the grubbiest KPF duo's the game has known; Cameron and Hawkins.

I'd like us to play Nank at CHB and Marlion at FB this week.

I hate this pair of dirty *smile*

and I reckon when we are 3 goals in front half way through the last quarter, Dimma should blunder into Geelongs Coaching box,

offer his hand, and say 'to good'

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Very concerning. If there wasn’t a single, high impact incident then it’s possible he’s been playing with sub-concussive symptoms for a few weeks without realising.

Could partially explain why he’s been a little bit off.

Takes at least a month of recovery before players look good again after a concussion, usually.

No rush to come back ASAP.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Very concerning. If there wasn’t a single, high impact incident then it’s possible he’s been playing with sub-concussive symptoms for a few weeks without realising.

Could partially explain why he’s been a little bit off.

Takes at least a month of recovery before players look good again after a concussion, usually.

No rush to come back ASAP.
Good thought. Really hope that's not the case but may explain his mild drop in form.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Its harvest time at Mt.Macedon.

I reckon grimes is just rooted and forgot his alphabet.

another testament to our diversity,

that while bachar is ramadaning, Dylan is making huge vats of booze.

• Haha
  • Love

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I've never seen an instance of a football-related mystery concussion where no-one had any idea of how it occurred.

I suspect we are covering our arses here.
So Grimes was faking a non-injury? The AFL will most likely issue us a fine.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Im thinking of donating my brain for football-related mystery concussion research.

I was actually just saying to MrsEZ on Saturday morning

'I think I've got another one of those *smile* football-related mystery concussions, and ive got absolutely no idea how it occurred'

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
People here are saying there was clearly a couple of incidents where he took some head impact so the protocol should have kicked in and he be taken inside for the 20 minutes to do the assessment.

It may be that he was assessed and it deemed not necessary to do the assessment, but that would obviously be seen as a error now and identified as the incident that caused the concussion.

You have to remember that there are people now who sit there for the entire game and go over the footage on a specially designated system looking for any incidents of head trauma. If PRE posters noticed it then they should have definitely noticed it and it been noted and he checked on by the medical team.

If it is a genuinely unexplainable concussion with no evidence of impact then that is a much more serious situation and would require some fairly rigorous investigation and a longer period out of the game than 12 days.

He smashed heads in a tackle earlier in the game. That incident was a heavy motivator for the new system where vision is constantly scanned for head trauma.
Richo, is there any protocol which allows the MRP to review the Bruce tackle which caused Dylan to concuss with his head hitting the ground with force?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Richo, is there any protocol which allows the MRP to review the Bruce tackle which caused Dylan to concuss with his head hitting the ground with force?
Don't think there will be any AFL review if no report/citing. Two incidents where Bruce hits Grimes' head into the ground and drags him down by the neck to hit the ground. Both in clear view of all those umpires out there and on film ... nothing. Not even a free; certainly no 50m penalty.

No media outrage, of course. It was only a Tigers player.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If that was Lynch that pushed an opposition players head into the ground as Bruce did, the media would be on it for days on end.
Also if you had any doubts the umpires this year have been crap, just look at the performance of the emergancy umpire from the Bulldogs game. Disaster.
Slobbo brought up last night, but the conversation ended quicker then it started.
What's the AFL doing?
A kid will miss with concussion and they aren't investigating or asking the question where/when did the concussion occur.
Its there job to investigate it.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
But if Grimes' concussion was known on Saturday that would be included in that process, but I guess it is hard for the MRP to identify an incident if the club and player can't.
They did it for Jake King v Adelaide. The MRP had closed on Monday night and Adelaide said our player suffered delayed concussion, what are you going to do about it? Two weeks, that's what.

• Angry

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Sounds like a delayed concussion, the delay can take quite a while. I whacked my head a couple of years ago (6 stitches in emergency but felt fine and continued to feel fine) and got some concussion 2-3 weeks later.

There is so much we don't know about hits to the head.

DS

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
It's obvious it was from the front on contact and drag down onto the ground from the scrubber Bruce that lead to Grimes smashing his head onto the turf that caused it.

My question is if the medico's see this head contact but the player gets up and keeps playing, do they have to take him off to assess?