Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Dylan reports to the Club Doc with "concussion like" symptoms

LOL - it was a hang over , drank too many of his own wines

was looking for an excuse to get off training

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Absolutely they do if they are concerned the knock may result in a concussion and you really need to rule that out as opposed to in as your margin of error. At least half the time players insist they are fine, often even when they have been unconscious, so talking to them on the ground is a poor assessment.

Usually you have to head out on the ground and tell them I'm not going off until you come with me. Once I had to ask the umpire to tell them he would stop the game unless they left the ground.
So our medicos could be in strife. When I saw the incident I thought it was a heavy knock and was surprised he got up

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Absolutely they do if they are concerned the knock may result in a concussion and you really need to rule that out as opposed to in as your margin of error. At least half the time players insist they are fine, often even when they have been unconscious, so talking to them on the ground is a poor assessment.

Usually you have to head out on the ground and tell them I'm not going off until you come with me. Once I had to ask the umpire to tell them he would stop the game unless they left the ground.
I was concussed once.
walked off the ground absolutely fine, with only the help of 2 trainers supporting / holding up my jelly legs,iso i can attest to that the player is the last to know.
I didnt even know there had been a dustup over my prone body.
Lead to CHF, jumped up to reach the ball at its highest point only to be thumped from in front.
I wouldve gone back onto the field and told everyone to put me back on

Hope Grimesy is alright

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
So our medicos could be in strife. When I saw the incident I thought it was a heavy knock and was surprised he got up

He got up immediately and looked fine, very difficult to work out when to force a player off for a concussion test.

We don't even know which incident is the most likely to have caused this.

DS

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Im thinking of donating my brain for football-related mystery concussion research.

I was actually just saying to MrsEZ on Saturday morning

'I think I've got another one of those *smile* football-related mystery concussions, and ive got absolutely no idea how it occurred'
Mate I'm no scientist but I'm pretty sure its the lamb kebab you had on the way home.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
He got up immediately and looked fine, very difficult to work out when to force a player off for a concussion test.

We don't even know which incident is the most likely to have caused this.

DS

RFC clearly leads the world in concussion testing too.

2 mystery concussions in a fortnight.

I reckon we must ask them the date of birth of the mayor of the municipality of Buzet.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Not sure, they do the review after the game and you have to submit any information about injury outcomes as part of that, not sure if they can open it back up later.

But if Grimes' concussion was known on Saturday that would be included in that process, but I guess it is hard for the MRP to identify an incident if the club and player can't.

That's another very curious thing, there's no way we would be trying to protect a player if they caused a concussion so it is quite bizarre we haven't identified an incident on that basis as well.

This is a very strange situation and I can't work out exactly why.
Some years ago we were named by Adelaide after the MRP review as having a player that caused a concussion injury to one of their’s.
Can’t remember the detail
In this case the cause of the impact is reasonably certain. I would have thought Hocking should have taken the initiative and conducted his own (MRP) investigation.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
I don't think they'll be in strife but I also don't think they have done their best work on this one, during and after the game
I don't think they'll be in strife but I also don't think they have done their best work on this one, during and after the game.
Look, everyone is entitled to an opinion. But gee, for any of us to sit and judge our medical team - to the point of actually saying you dont believe they have done their best work on this - without really knowing the circumstances, i think is a bridge too far. I am happy to listen to another doctor have a view of this, but knowing people with concussion or major headaches, there really is so many ways it can happen, including delayed concussion. I cant see how anyone here can make a call such as 'they havent done their best work on this one'.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
This was

Saw that and I hope it was the essendunce guy from last year. If this is a new one Grimesy may start to reconsider his options. No one deserves this crap!
Seems like there were two dirt bags.
One guy fronted court last year n copped a diversion notice. Apparently this bloke wants the same treatment from the courts, but he also somehow had accessed a maggots phone number n abused him a few times as well. According to the channel 7 report the magistrate wants some contact n info from the victims regarding this dirt bag before he decides on a diversion or heftier penalty.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Seems like there were two dirt bags.
One guy fronted court last year n copped a diversion notice. Apparently this bloke wants the same treatment from the courts, but he also somehow had accessed a maggots phone number n abused him a few times as well. According to the channel 7 report the magistrate wants some contact n info from the victims regarding this dirt bag before he decides on a diversion or heftier penalty.
Serious counselling and mental health assessments required for these types.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I was concussed once.
walked off the ground absolutely fine, with only the help of 2 trainers supporting / holding up my jelly legs,iso i can attest to that the player is the last to know.
I didnt even know there had been a dustup over my prone body.
Lead to CHF, jumped up to reach the ball at its highest point only to be thumped from in front.
I wouldve gone back onto the field and told everyone to put me back on

Hope Grimesy is alright
I got knocked out once.
Woke up for 10 seconds in the rooms to tell the doc, yes I know who you are.
Woke up in the ambulance for 5 seconds.
Woke up on a gurney in the hospital.
What's your name? (Easy. Not eZy, spook.)
What's the date? (Had to think about it.)
What happened? (Thought some more... "I got hit?")
MRI.
Home. Sleep.
For the next six weeks, every time I tried to run or even jarred a foot slightly, I felt it in my brain.
Concentration shot.
Wanted to sleep constantly.
Not right for months.
Played late in the season. Tentative af, until I got clipped in the head and remained upright.
Had my best year of footy the following year.
Some think I'm still not right.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I got king hit by Lionel Roses 'little' brother in the North City Hotel when I was 16.

a big anvil full of biker skull rings swung from the shoulder, with a locked elbow, after a 2.9 sec 20m, landed right on the ear from behind.

everything went white and quiet, but I kept my feet.

After they stitched my ear back together and back on,

I behaved perfectly normally (admittedly, there were limited base-line data at this stage) and felt no discernible ill-effects, other than a deformed throbbing ear, and a fixation on the 1968 bantamweight title fight.

ive never lost consciousness (touching wood), not even when an outlawed lesbian gang with matching tear tattoos performed a vasectomy on me.

mystery concussion? pffffft

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
I got king hit by Lionel Roses 'little' brother in the North City Hotel when I was 16.

a big anvil full of biker skull rings swung from the shoulder, with a locked elbow, after a 2.9 sec 20m, landed right on the ear from behind.

everything went white and quiet, but I kept my feet.

After they stitched my ear back together and back on,

I behaved perfectly normally and felt no discernible ill-effects, other than a deformed throbbing ear.

ive never lost consciousness (touching wood), not even when an outlawed lesbian gang with matching tear tattoos performed a vasectomy on me.

mystery concussion? pffffft
We aren't talking about Herbie are we mate? I got a kick hit from him once myself at a party in the Rat giving me a nice black eye. I ran with the boys from the East so he soon found out not the smartest thing to do and was pulled up quick smart by his crew. We went on to be quite good mates over years but I can certainly remember his left hook!

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
We aren't talking about Herbie are we mate? I got a kick hit from him once myself at a party in the Rat giving me a nice black eye. I ran with the boys from the East so he soon found out not the smartest thing to do and was pulled up quick smart by his crew. We went on to be quite good mates over years but I can certainly remember his left hook!

Yep, herbie rose. I dont think impulse control was his strong suit?

if we started a facebook support group 'survivors of herbie's king hit', I reckon we could sell ads for organic ginseng and sudoko puzzle books.

if he had belted the right bloke, he would have 100% deserved it.

I think Lionel fought at about 65kg, while Herbie was probably closer to 95?

it was my left ear that he exploded, and I was facing away, so it was certainly that left hook.

If I did donate my brain to science,

I think they'de find a pretty lumpy growth ring in 1987,

amongst a suite of other anomalies

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users