Dynasty or Rebuild ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dynasty or Rebuild ?

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Geelong has remained in contention for well over a decade. They’re the benchmark, no other club has done it as well as them. But as you say, it’s not sustainable forever, the draft and salary cap see to that. Their u25’s look pretty thin now and they’re at risk of developing a huge list gap if the vets go over the cliff. They’ve mostly been able to string out careers to their maximum. Good luck maybe, and good management.
This is true, thier list gap is from the fact they keep chasing 30 yr olds from other Clubs but haven't brought enough youth through along the way. sure they are up now but how long can the older guys keep propping them up?

Reactions: 1 user

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Whilst we have the greatest player in the AFL on our list we keep loading up. If we fall off a cliff so be it.

Reactions: 1 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
This is true, thier list gap is from the fact they keep chasing 30 yr olds from other Clubs but haven't brought enough youth through along the way. sure they are up now but how long can the older guys keep propping them up?
I think Scott knows, he must do something with the "so called top end talent they have" a short term quick fix. But it may backfire.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I think Scott knows, he must do something with the "so called top end talent they have" a short term quick fix. But it may backfire.
They are just about done as contenders.

Cameron can go to Geelong but he will end up being serviced by a midfield that is becoming inferior to the one he wants to leave, as Ablett retires, Selwood older and slower and Diverfield playing forward.

Cameron and Hawkins are going to be taking alot of each others space unless they plan to role Tommy through the ruck at stages as he is actually not bad at it.

Dalhaus and Steven are not the answer for the Cats

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
In Dimma's presser he responded to a journo's question:

Q) Journo: If you look at your list how long do you think you can contend for?

A) Dimma: Look i think we have some wonderful players. Some of the youth we've got coming through we are incredibly excited about and we just need to hang on to these guys and get them playing. "Look there's a guy, (look I don't want to individualize").

So the key is not losing these young talented players because of their impatience to play, and I really really want to know who the young player is that Dimma was about to individualize but didn't :)

Last edited:

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Not sure about the rest of you Tigers, however I sure know something I think it is soooooooooo blooooody goood been in the middle of a true Dynasty , I think will end up with more flags then the album had hits

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Mantikorr

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2006

Q) Jouno: If you look at your list how long do you think you can contend for?

A) Dimma: Look i think we have some wonderful players. Some of the youth we've got coming through we are incredibly excited about and we just need to hang on to these guys and get them playing. "Look there's a guy, (look I don't want to individualize").

So the key is not losing these young talented players because of their impatience to play, and I really really want to know who the young player is that Dimma was about to individualize but didn't :)
I reckon it was RCD, he's spoken about him several times during the year

Reactions: 4 users

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine

Ross ? Has been very stiff 2 years in a row now.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

He was talking about the player we are selecting with our first pick in this year's draft

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb

My guess would be Collier-Dawkins, but there are 3 or 4 others who he easily might have been talking about.
It is a great position to be in, but even in this heady space the decisions on who goes and who stays are going to be controversial, with no correct answer reached, only opinion. (We will likely miss out on McCrae's input here).

We are the only club that may be purposely letting experienced players of quality go elsewhere. But lets hope we can create some space in the best 25 to allow for those on the edge to emerge.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
My guess would be Collier-Dawkins, but there are 3 or 4 others who he easily might have been talking about.
It is a great position to be in, but even in this heady space the decisions on who goes and who stays are going to be controversial, with no correct answer reached, only opinion. (We will likely miss out on McCrae's input here).

We are the only club that may be purposely letting experienced players of quality go elsewhere. But lets hope we can create some space in the best 25 to allow for those on the edge to emerge.

Another that may be the mystery player is Hugo Ralphsmith, from the training I watched and a couple of scratchies before lockdown he showed great AFL traits in multiple positions, I said at the time he was a stick and body not ready for AFL footy. I am sure I heard someone say that he has put at 7kg whilst in the hub through weights and diet etc. If true he has gone from 188cm 75kg up to 82kg.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users