Easter Trip | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Easter Trip

Super9Nova

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 16, 2011
G'Day,

Heading to Melbourne for the Easter Etihad double ex Adelaide. I've been given the job of organising the trip. Still debating with her indoors on the fly vs drive (I'm a flyer). If anyone's done similar please offer any advice. 4 adults 4 kids 8-13. We like to do it in a bit of style so no need to reccomend caravan parks ;D

Cheers

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I find the drive to and from Adelaide long, tiring and quite boring. Done it a few times but I'd opt to fly next time if I had a preference. Still I suppose if it's treated as part of the adventure, rather than just a means of getting from a to b (or m) it could be as much fun and as relaxing as you want it to be.

Super9Nova

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 16, 2011
you've read my mind R23.
Truth is that to me it's not about the holiday it's about seeing the Tiges so flying is way preferred because I'd do most of the driving...

Other thing is there any point seeking a package or better just sorting flights/accom./game tickets seperately? I've got my interstate membership for Sunday but assume I'd be paying full tote odds for Saturday? The Crows :vomit members in the group have Saturday covered.

Aim is to do it in style as cheap as possible...

Cheers

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
A group of mates and myself fly over from WA every couple of years for the footy.

We always arrange everything ourselves and probably save at least $500 doing that.

However, while we try to get the best deal, we are prepared to pay for what we get.

For example, we stay in the Docklands Apartments (Mercure) becaue we like more comfortable accomodation, the proximity to the Telstra Dome, the CBD and the train line. We each get a seperate room which is great because we have some heavy snorers after a night on the turps. But they aren't the cheapest, although I personally think they are reasonably priced.

Another group of local guys go over every year for a weekend of footy, and the Melbourne Cup later in the year. They stay in an upmarket backpackers somewhere. Not my go, but they do it pretty cheap.

Super9Nova

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 16, 2011
Handy info. thanks :)

We decided to go cheap to have more $ to splurge around Melbourne. Looks like we're driving so iPods, DS's and portable DVD's essential items to keep the kids quiet.
Mrs Super9Nova got apartments in Caulfield - 2 adjoining for two familes of four for $100 per family a night. Shouldn't be too hard to find our way to the Docklands from there.

As a side note I rang The Club to see about getting a look at ME Bank Centre plus in the hope that the kids can bump into a couple of players. I was advised it may be a bit early and better to look at an MCG game later in the year for that.