Eddie McGuire | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Eddie McGuire

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Tigers of Old said:
Even though in isolation I think that this incident was on the mild scale, Eddie has a history of this sort of boorish behaviour so no sympathy from me.

Wouldn't say mild, but yeah in isolation from his form I take your point.

For me though the way it occurred in a pack mentality with Brayshaw and Frawley was what was really ugly. Nasty.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
tigersnake said:
Wouldn't say mild, but yeah in isolation from his form I take your point.

For me though the way it occurred in a pack mentality with Brayshaw and Frawley was what was really ugly. Nasty.

There's a lot of dislike for Caro from that mob that's for sure.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
tigerman said:
Is the AFL really upset by the comments made by Eddie and Co?
They chose a couple of days later, to give Collingwood one of the women's football franchises.

They probably weren't aware of them.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Look at the dopes who constantly get in trouble over this kind of *smile*. Over paid under educated outer suburban yobbos made good. At least on AW when Tony Shaw said pretty much the same thing with Caro sitting next to him the general recation was hang on mate, not guffaw city like on MMM.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
ToraToraTora said:
Look at the dopes who constantly get in trouble over this kind of sh!t. Over paid under educated outer suburban yobbos made good. At least on AW when Tony Shaw said pretty much the same thing with Caro sitting next to him the general recation was hang on mate, not guffaw city like on MMM.

What did Tony Shaw actually say?

ETA so it appears he also referred to holding her under, he should face the same sanctions.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Baloo said:
Where are the "Hang Dusty" Brigade. I thought they'd be all over this thread.

Although I don't think it called for hanging I don't think Dusty's behaviour towards the woman was acceptable. I was disappointed on many levels with the incident, especially considering our anti violence initiatives.

I don't think what Eddie and Frawley said was acceptable. Talking of drowning someone isn't exactly champagne comedy. His comment that "She'll burn you like everyone else, mate. She's like the black widow. She just sucks you in and gets you and you start talking to her and then bang! She gets you" shows it's more than banter about the MND initiative on Eddie's behalf.

Caro pays a high price for her position and profile, and no doubt her gender. Unfortunately regardless of efforts to show otherwise the football world is obviously still a bit of a boys club with a boys will be boys mentality.

We have had a bully boy mentality on PRE too. The president or secretary of Club80 (Simon someone) was disgruntled with me/PRE so he sent me a message inviting me to go to a Club80 Meeting where he was sure a few of the PRE lads would love to make me very welcome. He followed up with several more messages telling me he was serious and why don't I come along etc. The underlying tones were of intimidation and humiliation. So disappointing someone in that position would stoop so low as to personally harass a fellow Tiger.

I've noticed people tend to jump on racial, religious and sexual comments but are far more tolerant of sexist behaviour.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
rosy23 said:
His comment that "She'll burn you like everyone else, mate. She's like the black widow. She just sucks you in and gets you and you start talking to her and then bang! She gets you" shows it's more than banter about the MND initiative on Eddie's behalf.

My immediate thought to that comment was: Turdie McTurdface resents that she's smarter than him.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
Harry said:
We seem to "miss out" on alot. Can't land a big fish, can't sign a footy list manager with proven experience so settle for one with no experience, settling for a mediocre coach instead of searching for the next gun coach, no major change to recruiting team in years. If only our leaders were as bad as Geelongs.

Geelong do a lot right but if Richmond was on the surf coast close to Moggs Creek we'd have Dusty/Dangerfield in the middle.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
My immediate thought to that comment was: Turdie McTurdface resents that she's smarter than him.

Yep I reckon she's got the better of him and he doesn't like it.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
the big difference between dusty and Eddie is that Eddie was on radio so his comments can't be disputed. Dusty's incident was hearsay...

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Ian4 said:
the big difference between dusty and Eddie is that Eddie was on radio so his comments can't be disputed. Dusty's incident was hearsay...

More than heresy, police, club, witnesses all disputed the woman's version of events. There was no one, in a crowded restaurant, in this day and age of social media, selfies etc, that could lend any sort of credibility to what she claimed.

What Eddie did, he did to himself, unprovoked.

And this is my point. Eddie is not copping the sh!t that Dusty did despite the fact Dusty did nothing.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Ian4 said:

There was pretty clear evidence of Dusty behaving in an unacceptable manner to me. Footage showed him over her behaving in a confronting and what I would find very intimidating manner. I am sure victims of domestic violence would recognise how that situation can quickly get out of hand. Thankfully others made sure Dustin left the situation.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
rosy23 said:
Yep I reckon she's got the better of him and he doesn't like it.

Yes. Pretty obvious the boys don't like being held to account or questioned.

He has more form on this too than the incidents already cited. For years he sanctioned Newman's dumb racist and sexist stunts and pretended to be disapproving and that he couldn't control him-schtick. It was all set-up and signed-off.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
rosy23 said:
There was pretty clear evidence of Dusty behaving in an unacceptable manner to me. Footage showed him over her behaving in a confronting and what I would find very intimidating manner. I am sure victims of domestic violence would recognise how that situation can quickly get out of hand. Thankfully others made sure Dustin left the situation.

If he was confronting or being intimidating, someone would have said that was the case. No one did. Not a single person in the entire restaurant. Even the woman's date on the night refuted what she said happened. Thankfully the club didn't bow down to the hysteria that wanted Dusty drawn and quartered with no evidence what so ever

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
tigersnake said:
Yes. Pretty obvious the boys don't like being held to account or questioned.

The hate of Caro stems from the fact Eddie & James are Club presidents, Frawley an ex-Coach and Coaches Assoc president and Carey with his well publicised troubles have all been targets of Caro's reporting. maybe there is a case to be made that Media callers should be professional media callers as opposed to people in official AFL positions.

Can't remember the Capt and the Major having much beef with any other media type.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
rosy23 said:

Where is that pretty clear evidence? I haven't seen it and the police investigation couldn't find it either.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
YinnarTiger said:
Where is that pretty clear evidence? I haven't seen it and the police investigation couldn't find it either.

How do you know what the police found? Same with Baloo. Is there a transcript of the investigation. Just because there weren't criminal charges doesn't mean all is good. Eddie won't be charged for his behaviour either but that doesn't make it any more acceptable.