Eddie McGuire | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Eddie McGuire

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
rosy23 said:
How do you know what the police found? Same with Baloo. Is there a transcript of the investigation. Just because there weren't criminal charges doesn't mean all is good.

Using that logic it doesn't mean anything bad happened either. A restaurant full of people and not one, not even the person sitting on the woman's table, could utter anything even close to backing what she said happened. On that basis alone any rational person would give Dusty the basic right of being innocent until proven guilty you would think.

poppa x

Tiger Legend
May 28, 2004
Mt Waverley
The "boys club" will never be silenced.
They can apologise for offensive remarks.
But then it's business as usual and nothing changes.
Makes me proud to have Peggy as our President.

skybeau

Tiger Champion
Mar 19, 2006
Yarragon
tigertim said:
Yep, there's probably that "boys will be boys" mentality.

Of course then there's the delightful types like Clementine Ford who blames the top 10 woes of the world as "1. men 2. men 3. men 4. men 5. men 6. men" etc.

A: That was Catherine Deveny, not Clementine Ford. Catherine was banned for 30 days for that comment. Given what else happens on Facebook, you can be the judge on whether that is appropriate or not.

B: It wasn't woes of the world. It was the top 10 causes of violence.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
rosy23 said:
There was pretty clear evidence of Dusty behaving in an unacceptable manner to me. Footage showed him over her behaving in a confronting and what I would find very intimidating manner. I am sure victims of domestic violence would recognise how that situation can quickly get out of hand. Thankfully others made sure Dustin left the situation.

You have no idea what happened in there. Basing your theses on some 6 second grainy phonecam shot without the woman in shot or any audio is pretty silly.

I could postulate that a wobbly Dusty was asking " Why have you been harrassing me all night". She said " You're a bogan and disgrace to the AFL. Hoodlums like you should be on the streets" and then Dusty's mate pulled him away saying ' Come on let's get away from her. She's just poison"

Fact is we don't know but the police do have a better idea because they asked what was done and said and came away with the definitive conclusion nothing untoward happened.

And why are we back on Dusty? And why this ridiculous link to domestic violence.

It just underplays how serious and pervading domestic violence is.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Baloo said:
If he was confronting or being intimidating, someone would have said that was the case. No one did. Not a single person in the entire restaurant. Even the woman's date on the night refuted what she said happened. Thankfully the club didn't bow down to the hysteria that wanted Dusty drawn and quartered with no evidence what so ever

What exactly did he "refute"? He said Dustin was talking with the chopstick in his hand and it came close to the woman's face and she was leaning back to avoid it. He didn't know if it was deliberate but he understood how it would be perceived to be threatening. He said he didn't believe the woman fabricated the story and it could have happened given the context. He said Dustin slapped the wall right near her head. I'd find that kind of behaviour from a drunk and angry person very intimidating and unacceptable.

Baloo said:
Using that logic it doesn't mean anything bad happened either. A restaurant full of people and not one, not even the person sitting on the woman's table, could utter anything even close to backing what she said happened. On that basis alone any rational person would give Dusty the basic right of being innocent until proven guilty you would think.

Innocent or guilty of what?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
lamb22 said:
And why are we back on Dusty? And why this ridiculous link to domestic violence.

Baloo seemingly thought it relevant by bringing it up on this thread.

Baloo said:
Where are the "Hang Dusty" Brigade. I thought they'd be all over this thread.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
rosy23 said:
Baloo seemingly thought it relevant by bringing it up on this thread.

I brought up the Hang Dusty Brigade, not the incident. You decided to bring up the dusty incident

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Baloo said:
And this is my point. Eddie is not copping the sh!t that Dusty did despite the fact Dusty did nothing.

yep. Eddie has always been protected in this city. just look at the Goodes saga. look at all the conflict of interest stuff over the years. hell, just look at what he did when on the board of athletics Australia and how he used that position to benefit Collingwood? no one seems to talk about that one.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Baloo said:
I brought up the Hang Dusty Brigade, not the incident. You decided to bring up the dusty incident

Ok please elaborate on what you mean by the Hang Dusty Brigade and how you think they are relevant to this thread? What do you mean by "the fact Dusty did nothing"? and how is it relevant?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
tigertim said:
Why have these comments that were made a week a go taken this long to become our daily fauxtrage?

McGuire's politics are of the left, he's an anti-monarchist with a Labor MP brother. Even now the media response has been rather muted. The double standard is to be expected, really.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
rosy23 said:
Ok please elaborate on what you mean by the Hang Dusty Brigade and how you think they are relevant to this thread? What do you mean by "the fact Dusty did nothing"? and how is it relevant?

Hang Dusty Brigade. Those that rushed to sanction Dusty for presumed violence against women. Those who felt so strongly and passionately about the cause that they were prepared to take action before any investigation into the womans claims. I expected them to be all over this issue and show the same angst they did previously seeing what's been said is indisputable.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
poppa x said:
The "boys club" will never be silenced.
They can apologise for offensive remarks.

They can offer equivocating apologies which just indicate that they aren't really sorry.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
McGuire's politics are of the left, he's an anti-monarchist with a Labor MP brother. Even now the media response has been rather muted. The double standard is to be expected, really.

Do we really need to bring left vs right politics into this?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
We all know Eddie can be a true idiot at times, but going by what he said, Caro's too up herself to accept any millimetre of criticism or banter from anyone.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
YinnarTiger said:
Did Brayshaw crank this up to distract attention away from their coach?

I highly doubt that.

I thought it was Robbo? But todays piece in the HUN is written by Mick Warner.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
TigerForce said:
We all know Eddie can be a true idiot at times, but going by what he said, Caro's too up herself to accept any millimetre of criticism or banter from anyone.

What did he say to indicate that. There is a difference between professional criticism and implied violence and abuse.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
They are both (Eddie and Brayshaw) real idiots for what they said.

Both have a history, especially Eddie shooting from the mouth without thinking before.

I dislike Brayshaw. Out of the two I can't stand him anymore. A try hard in my view. A try hard who thinks he us funnier than Rexy back in the day. I can't listen to MMM when he broadcasts games. He often makes jokes/fun at players. Last year he kept referring to Carltons Watson as"big head". Often pokes fun at Billy's weight.

These are mates. Eddy and Brayshaw. Caro and these two have a long history.

If you hear the AW take with her she seems to joke with some broadcasters yet she took unbridged to MMM!

Look it was fun banter until they mentioned putting her head under and holding it.

She tried to mention it on Footy Classified( a 9 program) read what you want and was brushed off or nothing made of it!

Boys club?

Look sometimes Caro can cross the line but I guess there are different rules for some and the AFL and clubs work hard at community issues as do players.

I was one that went hard at Dusty, I apologised after, but it was something at the time with what I heard( wrongly) accused Dusty and judged him harshly.

I haven't heard what Gill the dill has said, but I doubt anything will be done as many fear Eddy . Brayshaw enough said.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
DirtyDogTiger said:
Or Semtex his car

And here's the irony. I'm not trying to pot DDT but here's a "joke" a poster has made about Semtexing Eddies car.

The only "outcry" from PRE was a another poster who agreed.

Seems we need to be told when we should be "fauxtraged".

I reckon I could go through all the PRE posters and find a "joke" about performing a violent act upon someone else.