Eddie McGuire | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Eddie McGuire

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I'm not impressed with MR exclusive headline breaker.

While working as a commentator on the Richmond v port NAB game, he repeated about 40 times that he'd been sent medical proof that Shane Edwards had a broken collarbone.

This was wrong: it's s bruised shoulder.

AND mcguane decides to 'break' the story about Dusty's father during the call.

Don't know if he'd be breaking the story about Dane Swan's father during a game.

McGuire needs to give up the commentary business

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
DirtyDogTiger said:

While working as a commentator on the Richmond v port NAB game, he repeated about 40 times that he'd been sent medical proof that Shane Edwards had a broken collarbone.

Don't know if he'd be breaking the story about Dane Swan's father during a game.

He hates us with a passion.
Don't you remember "press red for ed game"? Always against us
The bloke is a tosser.
I want Collingwood to have another *smile* year and they will go after him

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I only heard the commentary on the replay which made it more obvious. McGuire was terrible. He whinged about free kicks constantly in a bitter ignorant way. Moralewise Dermie carried him. Dermie's just dreary and pretentious, not a sniveller.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
zippadeee said:
I want Collingwood to have another sh!t year and they will go after him
Not gunna happen zipper. Since El Presidente for life Eddie took over there's no-one left at Colonwood either smart enough or with big enough agates to front Eddie n take him on.
Eddie's got that place locked down tighter than any dictator ever managed, only way he leaves is if he gets bored with his Colonwood toy or he suffers a cark it attack to his purple head.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
DirtyDogTiger said:

Eddie needs to get another source at the hospital, because he got the story about Edwards shoulder very wrong.

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
It was a volume off event at my place .

Eddie is just completely unwatchable now , and when yiu combine him with his psychophant dermie , it is indeed a perfect storm

To be honest the industry has not recovered from Clinton grybas death , and with Eddie holding up an end, it never will

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
TigerMasochist said:
Not gunna happen zipper. Since El Presidente for life Eddie took over there's no-one left at Colonwood either smart enough or with big enough agates to front Eddie n take him on.
Eddie's got that place locked down tighter than any dictator ever managed, only way he leaves is if he gets bored with his Colonwood toy or he suffers a cark it attack to his purple head.

Gold!

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
As for his Eddie-had stadium plans just totally self serving. 60000 would be perfect size for his dream to have a new home ground for pies. Would fiĺl it with 50 to 55 000 morons no MCC and no AFL members like Subiaco by the Yarra. Use the G for 2 to 3 blockbusters but other than that its Eddie-had. ... uilt by the public for the CFC primarily. Crumbs tor the rest.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
22nd Man said:
As for his Eddie-had stadium plans just totally self serving. 60000 would be perfect size for his dream to have a new home ground for pies. Would fiĺl it with 50 to 55 000 morons no MCC and no AFL members like Subiaco by the Yarra. Use the G for 2 to 3 blockbusters but other than that its Eddie-had. ... uilt by the public for the CFC primarily. Crumbs tor the rest.

Won't get the funding. Victoria needs roads, train stations, still need to get rid of 50 boom gates.
Eddie can build it out of paper

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Agree with what the op said. But Ed doesn't hate us, I remember after we beat Freo over there last year & most of the channel 7 commentators even when 7 goals down were all still raving re Freo & Fyfe. After the game Ed on Fox made a comment re that & tried to pump us up as much as we deserved , I thought good on you Ed

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
Say what you like about Ed but geez I wish he grew up as a Richmond supporter. If he had WE would be the biggest club in the land, WE would have more silverware in the trophy cabinet, WE would be a destination club for young guns looking for a new home and WE would be able to dictate terms to the media and AFL.

Unfortunately fate dealt that hand to Collingwood

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Broders said:
Say what you like about Ed but geez I wish he grew up as a Richmond supporter. If he had WE would be the biggest club in the land, WE would have more silverware in the trophy cabinet, WE would be a destination club for young guns looking for a new home and WE would be able to dictate terms to the media and AFL.

Unfortunately fate dealt that hand to Collingwood
And weirdly enough he grew up in a household that actually supported Essendon. He said the reason he started to follow Collingwood as a kid was Peter McKenna.

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
McGuire incorrectly saying Edwards broke his collarbone and reading the news "dustys father" on a live game was wrong.

if it was something like OJ Simpson car chase or September 11....maybe break the news.

but not that.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Eddie isn't a dunce. Like him or not he's done a brilliant job for his club.

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
rosy23 said:
Eddie isn't a dunce. Like him or not he's done a brilliant job for his club.
I think everyone acknowledges the job he's done for Collingwood.

But I think people also acknowledge that he butts into other clubs' matters where it isn't needed, consistently shoots his mouth off and carries on as if he's the world expert on everything...and what's more, thinks people give a *smile* when he opens his mouth.

Dunce.

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
rosy23 said:
That wouldn't be my definition of dunce.
Yeah I don't think a bloke who constantly makes a fool of himself is any definition of a dunce.

lol.