Eddie McGuire | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Eddie McGuire

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Chiang Mai Tiger said:
A benign Aussie version of Donald Trump?
Geez CMT I somehow couldn't imagine a more opposite pairing.
Eddie to me is more pocket pissing snake oil merchant, he'll make you feel good about the warm rain on your back. Reckon if he ever goes into politics he'd slither his way to P.M. before anyone even realised which party he was in.
The Trumpet on the other hand, Haaaarrrgh. Never taken much interest in the American politics, the two year shuffling bear circus that is the lead up to their election. But old Trumpy has turned on a street party n invited everyone via social media to come along n go their hardest. He's fair got their election n voters poppin n bangin, even his own party is *smile* frightened of him winning the nominations to run for El Presidente.

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
If that stadium went through,you can kiss goodbye Richmond Station as he would change the name to Victoria Stadium.
Pies hq is closer to Richmond lol.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
TigerMasochist said:
Geez CMT I somehow couldn't imagine a more opposite pairing.
Eddie to me is more pocket p!ssing snake oil merchant, he'll make you feel good about the warm rain on your back. Reckon if he ever goes into politics he'd slither his way to P.M. before anyone even realised which party he was in.

lol, sums it up beautifully.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
So we can now add sexism and violence to his resume.

He needs to be shown up for what he is.

Scum.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Midsy said:

Scum.

McGuire is NOT scum, Midsy. There are plenty lower than McGuire that deserve such an attribute.
That said, McGuire does seem to have a penchant for sticking his foot in his mouth on a relatively regular basis.
I guess being a talking head on so many issues in the media as McGuire is, he is bound to stuff it up every now and then. (Geez, I would hate to have a microphone in my face as much as he does ... I would certainly make an idiot of myself on a regular basis.)
But McGuire does get paid well, very well, for what he does and I think it might be time for him to become a little more circumspect.
And while I make some excuses or permit some tolerance for anyone to stuff up (my hand is up in the air), there is little doubt that McGuire is very much part of the "boys club" and just doesn't think as carefully as he should when he opens his mouth.
He is appropriately in the focus to be caned for his recent comments about Caroline Wilson. And I would hope he might make a sincere apology.
But I don't think he needs to be lynched.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Bullarto Tiger said:
McGuire is NOT scum, Midsy. There are plenty lower than McGuire that deserve such an attribute.
That said, McGuire does seem to have a penchant for sticking his foot in his mouth on a relatively regular basis.
I guess being a talking head on so many issues in the media as McGuire is, he is bound to stuff it up every now and then. (Geez, I would hate to have a microphone in my face as much as he does ... I would certainly make an idiot of myself on a regular basis.)
But McGuire does get paid well, very well, for what he does and I think it might be time for him to become a little more circumspect.
And while I make some excuses or permit some tolerance for anyone to stuff up (my hand is up in the air), there is little doubt that McGuire is very much part of the "boys club" and just doesn't think as carefully as he should when he opens his mouth.
He is appropriately in the focus to be caned for his recent comments about Caroline Wilson. And I would hope he might make a sincere apology.
But I don't think he needs to be lynched.

Good posting. Needs to learn from this.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Spin it anyway you want.

He's scum. He should resign, and if he doesn't, he should be sacked.

He was given a second chance after his Goodes/ape gaff. This idea of drowning Wilson, in my opinion, is worse.

I hope he gets all he deserves.

blutiga

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 26, 2014
Midsy said:

Scum.
I'll throw in $2.50 for Eddie to be the first President. $3.50 for Warnie.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
What a trifecta, McGuire, Cloke and Swan, congratulations to the AFL for giving Collingwood a women's football team.