Eddie McGuire | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Eddie McGuire

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
CC TIGER said:
Wasn't a lot of the assumptions above proved to be in correct ? I could be totally wrong here but I seem to remember footage proving a lot of it had been made up? Again I could be wrong but didn't it end up been that Dusty had more of a case against the lady and her false accusations as he was proven to have simply just been drunk and loud in a public place ? I'm not taking a for or against stance and the fact it's a RFC player is irrelevant it's just that's what I believe we're the final findings of the incident .

There are things she claimed that haven't been supported in any way. I am not aware of the footage indicating things were made up. The girl's partner pretty much backed up what she said. I don't think there is too much d oubt Dusty behaved aggressively and in an intimidating way towards her.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Frankly if you are dim-witted enough to try to belittle a drunken man in front of his friends, and he explodes and starts yelling and throwing his arms around giving you a fright, I'd say you pretty much deserve it.

If you see a speeding car coming, do you walk in front of it just because you have the green light? You can say it on the way to heaven, "But I had the green light, I had the green light..."

Ah there we go. The kind of attutude that all too often results in violence towards women..or anyone. The she desreved it attitude is sad. 2 wrongs don't make a right. Far better to walk away. Too often it isn't just be a wall that gets thumped. I am glad Dusty was removed from the situation.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
rosy23 said:
There are things she claimed that haven't been supported in any way. I am not aware of the footage indicating things were made up. The girl's partner pretty much backed up what she said. I don't think there is too much d oubt Dusty behaved aggressively and in an intimidating way towards her.

From what leysy has read there is no doubt Dusty didn't behave aggressively and in an intimidating way towards her.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
rosy23 said:
Ah there we go. The kind of attutude that all too often results in violence towards women..or anyone. The she desreved it attitude is sad. 2 wrongs don't make a right. Far better to walk away. Too often it isn't just be a wall that gets thumped. I am glad Dusty was removed from the situation.

So I'm advocating violence now? This joint's like a perversion of Godwin's Law - the longer you're here, the closer you get to getting on rosy's wrong side!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
So I'm advocating violence now? This joint's like a perversion of Godwin's Law - the longer you're here, the closer you get to getting on rosy's wrong side!

What crap. It is your comment I was commenting on. Nothing to do with how long you've been here or right and wrong sides. Read your post. ". .you pretty much deserve it."

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Not sure why Martin is being discussed on a thread about McGuire.
on different reactions, i would say that is appropriate when considering the 2 different people involved. one is a 22yo(?) with no prior (?) incidents, the other is a 50yo in a position of power with a history of abusing, mocking and belittling people.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Brodders17 said:
Not sure why Martin is being discussed on a thread about McGuire.
on different reactions, i would say that is appropriate when considering the 2 different people involved. one is a 22yo(?) with no prior (?) incidents, the other is a 50yo in a position of power with a history of abusing, mocking and belittling people.

Because Baloo made a comment about it. Do you think age is a saving grace that means people's behaviour should be exempt from discussion? There is a parallel because both involved behaviour directed towards women and both the AFL and the RFC are involved with initiatives hoping to eradicate that kind of thing.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
rosy23 said:
Because Baloo made a comment about it.

there's your 1st mistake. reading anything Balooze posts. (unless it is about Gus Graham.)

on the rest, no i dont think age excuses behaviour, but Martin's situation was well discussed on numerous threads. it doesnt need to be repeated on this thread. my point tho was that it is reasonable that people have different responses because they are different circumstances.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
rosy23 said:
Rosy, you're right, but the reality is just about every man learns at a young age that if he says inflammatory things to the wrong person, he's a good chance of copping a punch in the mouth. Violence towards anyone is wrong, and it happens far more to men that it does to women. Man v. man is a perceived 'fair fight', but it's not when one bloke is bigger and more aggressive and experienced at fighting, or there's more than one aggressor, etc.

There is a certain percentage of women who - knowingly or not - take advantage of the fact that nearly all men would never assault a woman, to say things that would get a man sat on his arse.

I fully understand and support the "I should be able to say/wear what I want" attitude, but it's naive in the extreme to put the responsibility for your own safety into the hands of a mythical idealised world. It's also arrogant, and foolish.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
rosy23 said:
Ah there we go. The kind of attutude that all too often results in violence towards women..or anyone. The she desreved it attitude is sad. 2 wrongs don't make a right. Far better to walk away.

True. Far better to walk away. Far better she'd had the discretion and sense to contact management first if there was an issue.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
rosy23 said:
What crap. It is your comment I was commenting on. Nothing to do with how long you've been here or right and wrong sides. Read your post. ". .you pretty much deserve it."

Well I stand by it. That doesn't mean it's right or what should happen in a perfect world. But it's what did happen because Martin didn't know how to handle it.

I don't know about you but I'm not in the habit of walking up to randoms and scolding them, even if their behaviour's p!ssing me off. It's like never throwing a punch unless you know the other guy's capabilities, you just don't know what you're dealing with. Maybe she felt safe in the public eye. You'd have to ask her what she was thinking.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Brodders17 said:
there's your 1st mistake. reading anything Balooze posts. (unless it is about Gus Graham.)

I' m deeply hurt by that. How quickly you forget our fight to uphold the sullied reputation of McGun. Then there was Dan the Man Jackson.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Apparently he is being re-tried and Richmond should be embarrassed by the players' stand 'cos Martin was guilty as hell.

I'm a bit perplexed Dusty has been dragged back up, thought it was done and dusted. like I said on the other thread, apples and oranges for a stack of reasons.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Eddie's emotionally and physically spent. he wont be calling tomorrow nights match

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Baloo said:
Eddie's emotionally and physically spent. he wont be calling tomorrow nights match

He was leaving for a Mediterranean holiday a friends 80th birthday, apparently his family had gone already.