Eddie McGuire | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Eddie McGuire

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
tigers80 said:
He was leaving for a Mediterranean holiday a friends 80th birthday, apparently his family had gone already.

Gonna be Hirdy's kid's Godfather apparently.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I heard Sam on The Footy Show mention a similar war between Bev O'Connor and Caro where Caro had to apologise. Two women. Hypocrisy or is this 'violence against women', by another woman, acceptable?.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Apparently he is being re-tried and Richmond should be embarrassed by the players' stand 'cos Martin was guilty as hell.

Certain people are saying the club should have punished Martin more.
The guy had his face on the front page accused of threatening to kill a female..many in the media hung him without all the facts.
Plenty of that mud has stuck.
A guy tonight had the nerve to tell me that Richmond were hypocrites because we had a player who attacked a woman with chopsticks FFS.
Not punished?? Give me a spell, you try carrying that stigma around with you for a while.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
TigerForce said:
I heard Sam on The Footy Show mention a similar war between Bev O'Connor and Caro where Caro had to apologise. Two women. Hypocrisy or is this 'violence against women', by another woman, acceptable?.

Sam Newman on Caro Wilson. Maybe it's time to shut this thread down.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Well I stand by it. That doesn't mean it's right or what should happen in a perfect world. But it's what did happen because Martin didn't know how to handle it.

I don't know about you but I'm not in the habit of walking up to randoms and scolding them, even if their behaviour's p!ssing me off. It's like never throwing a punch unless you know the other guy's capabilities, you just don't know what you're dealing with. Maybe she felt safe in the public eye. You'd have to ask her what she was thinking.

I don't care what she was thinking or what she said. We're probably never going to know that from either side. Fact is something happened and Dustin not knowing "how to handle it" is my concern. So many saying nothing wrong occurred. It's not going to help him as a person in the long run if anger control when drunk is an issue and it's ignored.

People not thinking the discussion belongs on this thread are entitled to feel that way just as those who want to discuss it are welcome to do so as well. It's more about examples of inappropriate behaviour towards women and the attitude towards it that I'm interested in. I don't think it necessarily belongs on different threads.

B

Bill James

L2R2R you need counselling. Women are equal and must be treated the same, except when they don't want to be then they must be treated differently. It is one of the advantages of being a man that we know exactly when women switch from wanting equal treatment to different treatment. It is incumbent on our gender to use this superpower for good and STFU.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
TigerForce said:

Where do you even start?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
TigerForce said:

What was the violence that was referred to? What Eddie said wasnt appropriate regardless of gender.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
You know you've lost the argument when Sam Newman weighs in on your side.

Game over.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Apparently Subway are not happy with the Collingwood association ATM, they supply a lot of game giveaways but are not aligning themselves with Collingwood games ATM all due to the Eddie comments allegedly

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Bill James said:
L2R2R you need counselling. Women are equal and must be treated the same, except when they don't want to be then they must be treated differently. It is one of the advantages of being a man that we know exactly when women switch from wanting equal treatment to different treatment. It is incumbent on our gender to use this superpower for good and STFU.

William, I've respected your posting for a long time, but you can GAGF with your counselling suggestion.

When I was a young bloke, a girl at school known for attention seeking and other emotional issues took exception to me for whatever reason and began prodding me in the chest - hard - and telling me to hit her. Nothing like it has happened to me before or since; I was confused and kept thinking "pain -> girl -> can't hit -> what do I do? -> pain" etc. As a result I kept backing away for the length of the school oval until she got bored. Martin's a bit older than a schoolkid but obviously not too worldly, and I can empathise with his lack of middle gears.

In case some of you haven't noticed, I've been arguing that what McGuire said was wrong. It'd be wrong if Mal Brown said, wrong if Brendan Gale said it, wrong if Jesus Christ said it.

However whilst maintaining this stance I have readily acknowledged that there are other perspectives, which I am being provoked into swinging around to.

Easy to see why the Democrats failed... the middle ground is a no-win position.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
CC TIGER said:
Apparently Subway are not happy with the Collingwood association ATM, they supply a lot of game giveaways but are not aligning themselves with Collingwood games ATM all due to the Eddie comments allegedly
Geez Subway, first Jared, now Collingwood, they should be more discerning.......

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
William, I've respected your posting for a long time, but you can GAGF with your counselling suggestion.

When I was a young bloke, a girl at school known for attention seeking and other emotional issues took exception to me for whatever reason and began prodding me in the chest - hard - and telling me to hit her. Nothing like it has happened to me before or since; I was confused and kept thinking "pain -> girl -> can't hit -> what do I do? -> pain" etc. As a result I kept backing away for the length of the school oval until she got bored. Martin's a bit older than a schoolkid but obviously not too worldly, and I can empathise with his lack of middle gears.

In case some of you haven't noticed, I've been arguing that what McGuire said was wrong. It'd be wrong if Mal Brown said, wrong if Brendan Gale said it, wrong if Jesus Christ said it.

However whilst maintaining this stance I have readily acknowledged that there are other perspectives, which I am being provoked into swinging around to.

Easy to see why the Democrats failed... the middle ground is a no-win position.

I dunno, but i think you missed the point of Bill's post.