Elliot Yeo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Elliot Yeo

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Gun at his best and exactly what we need but contracted until 2024, injury-prone and 29. Pass unless cheap in both trade and salary. Which he won't be. And of course would need thorough medical. Highly unlikely all conditions meet.
They may cut their losses for salary cap relief?
Which means higher salary for 2 seasons but no draft picks exchanged.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Broad and our second (will go to the Norf pick at a pinch) for Yeo and Petrucelle. Best offer.
Yikes. Pass to the power of pass times the heat of the sun.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
First half agree, but can be fixed. Second half nope, very wrong IMO. A genuine unstoppable gun, up there with Fyfe and Cripps when fit and firing, thats what he is. Did you see the second half v us 2021? A midfield clinic, unstoppable. Thats what he does. In terms of capacity, he's a top 10 mid in the comp.

Has had problems with consistency and injuries, and recently application. Thats why any play would have to be at the right price as always. Obviously you wouldn't pay Cripps money because of the downsides, but he can do what Cripps does.

Martin, Prestia, McLuggage Olvier, Petracca, Bont, McRae, Dunkley, Libba, Neale, Cripps, Walsh, Pendlebury, Steele, Wines, Boak, Touk Miller & Bob Skilton all off the top of my head. Not close to the top 10.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yikes. Pass to the power of pass times the heat of the sun.
Conditional on both passing medicals, obviously Scoop. And on the rumour that Broad is going back to WA.

Martin, Prestia, McLuggage Olvier, Petracca, Bont, McRae, Dunkley, Libba, Neale, Cripps, Walsh, Pendlebury, Steele, Wines, Boak, Touk Miller & Bob Skilton all off the top of my head. Not close to the top 10.
Yeo at his best is much more damaging than most of those.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Conditional on both passing medicals, obviously Scoop. And on the rumour that Broad is going back to WA.

Yeo at his best is much more damaging than most of those.
I think I'd struggle with doing Broad fo Yeo straight-up based on the last two years of form.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I think I'd struggle with doing Broad fo Yeo straight-up based on the last two years of form.
He was good in the back end of last year when he got on the park.

Yeo 2021.png
14 clearances and 2 Brownlow votes v Melbourne. Tell me we couldn't do with a 190cm mid capable of getting 14 clearances against the Dees. Or anyone.

Anyway, all hypothetical I'd say. Likely on a fat deal at West Coast.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Nah, a lot of those players are as good or even better sure, but a) he is up there with them, and b) he's a different beast, emphasis on beast.

Top 10, based on recent form no, but based on his capacity when fit, undoubtedly, a lock, walkup start into the top echelon. For a long time there it was Dusty, Danger, Fyfe, Cripps, Bont, Yeo then daylight.

When it comes to turning a game with unstoppable contested ball brute strength, there is no player better in the comp, except perhaps Cripps.

Last edited:

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Gun at his best and exactly what we need but contracted until 2024, injury-prone and 29. Pass unless cheap in both trade and salary. Which he won't be. And of course would need thorough medical. Highly unlikely all conditions meet.
exactly. All this goes without saying, it would be contingent on all this and him wanting to come to us, wanting a change. You wouldn't sell the farm, do a Tim Kelly. Probably won't ever happen, But it is a very tantalising thought for me, a fit and firing Yeo into our midfield and were a contender. Full stop.

As I suggested earlier, players can go through injury plagued periods and come out the other side, especially star players. S. Burgoyne is the poster boy. All-but on the scrap-heap at Port, second coming at Hawthorn.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Heard a rumour that Yeo and McGovern share the same agent. Yeo got signed up before McGovern but McGovern got the big $$. Apparently a lot of the issues in the club revolve aqround contracts/$$.

This is coming from a guy connected to the club in the finance industry

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Broad is a role player. Yeo is a proven match winner. I’d do it in a heartbeat but no chance West C will

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Broad and our second (will go to the Norf pick at a pinch) for Yeo and Petrucelle. Best offer.

If people enjoy giving it to Castagna, I can't imagine the mouth foaming of the natives if we got Petrucelle.