EMMA MURRAY | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

EMMA MURRAY

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I wonder if she is a catalyst for the Tiger Kings ability to just impose at higher levels and dominate whenever he feels like he needs to.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Over rated by the nufties apparently. We'd be better off ditching her and get another sports scientist to stop George from doing too much goal kicking practice at training.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I'm sorry it offends you that I don't rate what Emma does, but also delighted that my opinion means enough to bring up.

Not sure if it's a case of meaning a lot or just the pure ridiculousness of it that makes it stand out

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
You may see it as a minimal factor, but the differences between elite teams are very small and minimal factors can be the difference.

Just look at all the tiny factors which separate cyclists at the top level. The 3 week Tour de France which covers over 3,000KMs is generally won by less than 3 minutes.

You take any small advantage where you can in elite sport because it is so competitive.

DS

Reactions: 5 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Emma herself has said she's not a miracle worker. More that she provides the framework & the tools.
It's not worked with everyone she's worked with, including St Kilda.
The difference she said with Richmond is that they bought into the program from the top down starting with Dimma & Cotch.
Mindfulness now permeates through our club culture in everything we do.
Like all things though that will have a shelf life.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
You would need to have an acceptance that something like what Emma does before you would see the value.

Thinking TBR should stick to his computer stats....much like say.... Fagan

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Data?

:cupgold:cupgold:cupgold

Enough data for me.

Can you nail it down to certain factors and not others? Well, no, but then if you could then every team would be able to replicate whatever the current successful team is doing.

But you can look at which factors differentiate the successful teams and conclude that some or all of those different factors are contributing.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The change in game style has been the major catalyst in our change of fortunes, but I have no doubt that Emma has made a difference, as has Shane McCurry who is the head of Leadership and Culture.
I reckon Benny and Peggy have something akin to a counterculture happening at Tigerland.
It's fantastic that the Richmond FC is what every other club is aspiring to be, and long may it continue.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Is Emma still working for the club or has she relocated to Brisbane now?

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Is Emma still working for the club or has she relocated to Brisbane now?
Was wondering myself , though probably for different reasons

According to her Linkedin she is still with us though people can be slack updating that i imagine?

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
When our coaches change our tried and tested game plan to be competitive in 2021 and then realise that we are less competitive with the new game plan - so they switch back to the old plan and lose badly - all in a matter of weeks - then Emma has no chance of getting their heads right. The playing list has lost trust in the system(s), because neither the old or the new system works. We need the coaches to get it right, and only then can Emma put the icing on the cake.

Reactions: 1 user