End of an Era | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

End of an Era

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Yep. Think the time has come but my what a ride!
Was hoping we wouldnt fall of a cliff and continue to challenge but its really not looking good

Reactions: 1 users

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
May as well make it a top 5 pick if the wheels have fallen off. Start putting a few guys out for the season, get games into the kids and hit the draft, no topping up.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
This is true. Our test is how quickly we can regenerate. We have the draft hand. Our list management and drafting is as important as its ever been.

On that front, I have no problem with trading Bolton for two first round draft picks.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Yep. Think the time has come but my what a ride!
Was hoping we wouldnt fall of a cliff and continue to challenge but its really not looking good

Who are you kidding, you're loving it. Probably about to head off and wank yourself into a coma.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

RemoteTiger

Woof!
Jul 29, 2004
End of an era depends on next season.
What was on display tonight shows our older players are too slow for the new rules in the game. Our young players are more than a year off. Our rebuild will take at least 5 years and possibly a new football department.

Not being pessimistic - just going on the facts this year.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Year was over after the Melbourne loss.
Signs were there and are ignored

Reactions: 2 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Reckon we should ask the "focus on footy" mob if they are still keen.....
We Have another flag in this group and another in the next.

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Year was over after the Melbourne loss.
Signs were there and are ignored
This thread premise is wrong, and this post is wrong. Hindsight is the easiest thing in the world. remember the Hawthorn and Saints losses last year? The Hawks one in particular was way worse than the Melbourne loss, it was almost as bad as tonights loss.. I agree that we won't win the flag this year though, even is your hindsight nostradamisising is crap on many levels.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
This thread premise is wrong, and this post is wrong. Hindsight is the easiest thing in the world. remember the Hawthorn and Saints losses last year? The Hawks one in particular was way worse than the Melbourne loss, it was almost as bad as tonights loss.. I agree that we won't win the flag this year though, even is your hindsight nostradamisising is crap on many levels.
I was bang on.
It’s not the loss, it’s the way we loss.
Some people like me know footy.
Other are like yourself.

Reactions: 3 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
End of the era with the 2021 list but depending on Trades & Draft, couple more years for a new era part 2. Houli goes, maybe Cotchin depending on his body but like 2017, it only needs 2-3 of the right type of player replacements to challenge. Need Balta to be mended by early in 2022 season though.

Reactions: 1 user

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
We might have a bit of salary cap space to play with, and we already have great picks. A reset next year before rising again.

67-69——-73-74
17-19-20—23-24

Reactions: 7 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
No.

We could see very early on that the new rule changes were catastrophic to the team’s system, and overcoming it this year would have been the greatest Houdini act in sporting history given our personnel.

We clearly have a couple of champions in decline, who’s output is not as consistent as it once was, and we need to sign a mid that’s good to go that can help with some heavy lifting and perhaps a small forward that can mark and fu*king kick a goal or two that the opposition have to give a sh*t about.

We were missing Lynch which makes the forward line easy to defend, and having both Nank and Soldo out is like having a racing car with no torque; this can’t be underestimated. And Prestia still has rust on him.

CCj has 30 seconds of top level experience and will only get better, and to boot we had the balls to play Ryan, who looked like he wasn’t ready for an under 19’s side, let alone mixing it with grown men.

The nucleus of a contender is absolutely still there. Now it’s time for the coaching group to reimagine what the 22 Tiges side will look like and they will.

This end of an era talk is misplaced for my thinking though understandable given what we witnessed tonight.

Balta however is a big concern, as he will potentially impact on 2022. I think it may be time for a Shaman to get down to Punt Rd given this years injuries.

EDIT.
And I forgot Chol. Never again please I’ve seen enough.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users