End of an Era | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

End of an Era

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
This is a classic example of how some statisticians will choose their words carefully to make a stat sound more amazing than you might think.
I'm guessing the 5547 for Geelong is a reference to rounds 5, 6, 7 and 8, 2003 - part of a 1-7 start which left them on the bottom by the way.
But note that the heading says "four games in a row in a season".
Geelong lost the last two games of 2014 - a straight sets exit from the finals, and then the first two home-and-away games of 2015.
Their number should be 2283 !
Yep. You can guarantee North will be citing 16 losses in a row when they appeal for a PP.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Leppa repeated again this morning what he's been saying for a while. Due to our salary cap and with stars on the team demanding good coin, we've had to cut away at our depth. Bellis, Lego etc are gone and the gap between best 22 and the rest is too wide.

This morning he said Richmond used to bat about 26 AFL quality players on the list, now we're batting 22 so the mounting injuries are having a significant effect

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Leppa repeated again this morning what he's been saying for a while. Due to our salary cap and with stars on the team demanding good coin, we've had to cut away at our depth. Bellis, Lego etc are gone and the gap between best 22 and the rest is too wide.

This morning he said Richmond used to bat about 26 AFL quality players on the list, now we're batting 22 so the mounting injuries are having a significant effect
Not sure I agree. Do you really think BEllis, Markov and Butler would be making much difference at the moment.
We are battling because we are playing our 3rd string ruckman, are missing 4 of our starting backs, and our 3 best two way inside mids. 9 of our say top 15 players, add to that our other stars are aging and unable to pick up the slack.
Chol is being asked to ruck as much as he can against Grundy, with PIckett as a back up.
Cotchin is back to being our no1 mid, Bolton and Dusty are our No2&3 mids, and no 2&3 forwards.
Grimes has Garthwaite next to him, not Broad.
and kids like Dow and RCD are being asked to fill the roles Prestia, Edwards and Lambert play.

it is not surprising we cant run out 4 quarters.

If our injury list was Soldo, Short, Castagna, McIntosh, Aarts, Cotchin, the kids would look a lot better and we would be winning games.

Reactions: 10 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not sure I agree. Do you really think BEllis, Markov and Butler would be making much difference at the moment.
We are battling because we are playing our 3rd string ruckman, are missing 4 of our starting backs, and our 3 best two way inside mids. 9 of our say top 15 players, add to that our other stars are aging and unable to pick up the slack.
Chol is being asked to ruck as much as he can against Grundy, with PIckett as a back up.
Cotchin is back to being our no1 mid, Bolton and Dusty are our No2&3 mids, and no 2&3 forwards.
Grimes has Garthwaite next to him, not Broad.
and kids like Dow and RCD are being asked to fill the roles Prestia, Edwards and Lambert play.

it is not surprising we cant run out 4 quarters.

If our injury list was Soldo, Short, Castagna, McIntosh, Aarts, Cotchin, the kids would look a lot better and we would be winning games.

I'm not sure I agree either, but he's referenced this issue a few times now and seems quite adamant that's our main problem. Have to give it some weight because, well, because Leppa would know.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
We would be 7th if we’d got the last goal instead of Collingwood

With 8 players out

I believe we can bounce back
Get the boys back at the right time
And a lot of guys will be fresh

We can jump up

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Why not give it a crack?

We turned it around in 2014 to win 9 in a row (never been done before from that position on the ladder).

Just need to make the 8 with a healthy list and a tailwind come finals.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Why not give it a crack?

We turned it around in 2014 to win 9 in a row (never been done before from that position on the ladder).

Just need to make the 8 with a healthy list and a tailwind come finals.
From memory we changed the way we played after getting pantsed by Essendon and hung onto the ball instead of rushing it forward, denying the opposition possession.

Just seems to be no way forward for the remainder of this season.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
For me I would forget this year and get ready for next year. Full preseason will do wonders for our team.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Seems a bit surreal that the media are more confident than most of us that Richmond will not only make the finals, but being a major player in the finals.

Other than the click baiters and drunks, there's still a fair bit of respect for the club in the media.

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
If we weren’t so cruelled by injuries, it’s there for the taking. As we saw last night, the top teams are tiring from a long season. If we could get a full team together, we could be the freshest team out there. Sadly, the injury gods are hating on us.

Reactions: 6 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
If we weren’t so cruelled by injuries, it’s there for the taking. As we saw last night, the top teams are tiring from a long season. If we could get a full team together, we could be the freshest team out there. Sadly, the injury gods are hating on us.
The top 3/4 sides have all been up for so long this yr, Bris look like they are cooked already.

Reactions: 1 user