End the Chol farce

DavidSSS

Tiger Superstar
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I have a lot of time for Mabs. At training on Friday he went to the furthest supporters from the dressing rooms to the supporters who nobody went over to for autographs. When he got to us he had a chat to my 5 year old son about how to pronounce his name correctly :D

At the game, one think I noticed when he was forward was that he made good position for a down the line kick but most of the time we preferred to go shorter / sideways to open up a runner. WHen they did use him, he made a really good contest. Against the better teams applying more pressure in the midfield and with better defensive structure, using Mabs would be a good option.

I think there is definitely room in the side for Mabs when Jack is back. Having an extra marking target forward as well as the relief ruck will be important and he is the man for the job.
Imagine trying to defend against a forward line with Jack, Lynch, Chol going there some of the time and Dusty occasionally having rest forward. Mix in 3 pressuring small forwards capable of kicking goals and we present a bloody big headache for opposition sides.

DS

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Interesting decision to be made by the MC this week as I doubt we play both Chol and Soldo with Jack coming back, due to the fact it’s ment to be a wetting day. Soldo should be able to hold his own against either Mummy or Simpson in the ruck contests, however Chol may be able to ad a positive around the ground, both are playing as well as they ever have , is it good enough to remain in the team ?

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Keeps playing. And has guaranteed a spot on next years list. 23 all of next year.

Big men take time. Back up forwards/rucks are rare as hens teeth.

If Sam Draper can get 450k a year without playing a game and be worth a reported second round pick at the trade table, by the end of next year Chol could be a very hand trade chip if he isn't getting regular game time but keeps progressing. Hawthorn, Carlton, the Dogs are all clubs that cold do with a Chol type.
And Riewoldt won’t play forever.
I used to think Moore is the heir apparent but we now all know that it’s likely to be Chol.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Interesting decision to be made by the MC this week as I doubt we play both Chol and Soldo with Jack coming back, due to the fact it’s ment to be a wetting day. Soldo should be able to hold his own against either Mummy or Simpson in the ruck contests, however Chol may be able to ad a positive around the ground, both are playing as well as they ever have , is it good enough to remain in the team ?
Interesting indeed. Play Soldo as first ruck and have someone more competitive v Mummy ( but pretty useless around the ground) or have Chol play first ruck and be less competitive v Mummy but have a more mobile and efficient player around the ground.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Interesting indeed. Play Soldo as first ruck and have someone more competitive v Mummy ( but pretty useless around the ground) or have Chol play first ruck and be less competitive v Mummy but have a more mobile and efficient player around the ground.
One thing with Soldo , he won’t be afraid to get in Mummy’s face

frickenel

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2003
Chirnside Park
www.planetecho.com.au
And Riewoldt won’t play forever.
I used to think Moore is the heir apparent but we now all know that it’s likely to be Chol.
Not sure Moore will be at the Tigs next year. The Pies were right into him last year but he decided to give himself one more season at Tigerland. Injury hasn't helped him this year, but with Jack down he still wasn't getting a look in pre injury.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Not sure Moore will be at the Tigs next year. The Pies were right into him last year but he decided to give himself one more season at Tigerland. Injury hasn't helped him this year, but with Jack down he still wasn't getting a look in pre injury.
Roos were interested too weren’t they frick ? IMHO his not up to AFL level, however I wouldn’t have minded seeing him get sometime off half back , super athlete

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
He's looking like Roger Merrett these days with that mo', a bit of Rogers bastardry wouldnt go astray v Mummy.
I always like to test the big tough blokes out, a lot of em don’t like it comin back the other way , Ivy2 May just spook the big Mummy.

Funny enough my sons opposition had a bit of a big thug throwing his weight around on Sunday, the little fella crunched him a beauty and we didn’t see the big fella for the rest of the afternoon ;)

Reactions: 3 users

Tames

Tiger Superstar
Apr 3, 2005
Melbourne
Didn't think he'd make it at the lvl, but very happy to be proved wrong. Showing some excellent signs of progress. :)

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
didn't get a heap of it but good again. Some briliant decisions and execution.

Reactions: 5 users

Isotopes

Tiger Rookie
Aug 3, 2013
Not the best conditions for a rookie bigman, but he knows what he needs to do to keep his spot and does it. Continue to be impressed.

Last edited:

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
What a spew he missed that goal in the square. ******* of a ball bounced that high in wet grass.