Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
He couldn''t get a kick in a stable.Watched him play against Port and *smile* l would have got brownlow votes playing on him
But the hell with it play him ))...

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Have no faith in his desire to play the game with the intensity needed at AFL level, however he has some AFL talents and he may just fire up for a week or 2 , while his on the list I see there’s nothing to lose to give him a crack, who knows he may play well enough to get some interest at seasons end.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Three considerations

- can he give us more than Soldo? possibly, possibly not
- has he earned a game? no
- are we confident he will compete for four quarters?no
Think this is a bit of a unique situation L2RTR

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
In what way?
That we don’t have our only genuine AFL standard ruck available and our back up Soldo is not cutting it other then hit outs, CCJ still a raw light kid, so I see it as we need to find something that can be a more attcking option over the next month till Nankervis is back. I don’t see Chol having a future , however like I said earlier he may just spark for a couple of games as he knows his playing for his career , other option I see is just getting games into CCJ

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Mr Brightside said:
That we don’t have our only genuine AFL standard ruck available and our back up Soldo is not cutting it other then hit outs, CCJ still a raw light kid, so I see it as we need to find something that can be a more attcking option over the next month till Nankervis is back. I don’t see Chol having a future , however like I said earlier he may just spark for a couple of games as he knows his playing for his career , other option I see is just getting games into CCJ

Think Coleman-Jones is injured?

We know what we get with Soldo. Don't think Chol should play if we expect him to fail.

Not sure Soldo is costing us games. Opposition rucks aren't going forward and kicking goals on him.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Think Coleman-Jones is injured?

We know what we get with Soldo. Don't think Chol should play if we expect him to fail.
Not sure on CCJ May simply be managed.

I don’t think what we are getting with Soldo is good enough, Chol is a high risk but if he can put it together he will give us more then Soldo is , bottom line is both need upgrading , you point is very valid though

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
End the hitouts farce.

Don’t commit 1 of 22 players to a meaningless stat that doesn’t influence the game. Grigg was the prototype.

Figure out how to prevent the oppo ruck grabbing and clearing it while playing an extra footballer who does footballer things instead.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Mr Brightside said:
Not sure on CCJ May simply be managed.

I don’t think what we are getting with Soldo is good enough, Chol is a high risk but if he can put it together he will give us more then Soldo is , bottom line is both need upgrading , you point is very valid though

Someone said elsewhere CJ is out for a fortnight.

Chol appears to have played well twice in the last three weeks. If we think he can give us extra, fair enough, but I don't think this game or our season is calling for a Hail Mary.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Someone said elsewhere CJ is out for a fortnight.

Chol appears to have played well twice in the last three weeks. If we think he can give us extra, fair enough, but I don't think this game or our season is calling for a Hail Mary.
Your correct out for 2 and Miller 4

RICHO_12

Tiger Superstar
Jul 1, 2004
I’m on the “he won’t make it” card but promising to hear he dominated a game in the ruck against Zac Smith who is AFL standard and 3 support ruckman.

A mid season trade period would have been phenomenal this year.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I reckon chol is good enough. Just between the ears, you are not sure who will turn up.

If he is picked next week you would have to play soldo also, as i don't think he is reliable tp play sole ruck

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Cholly or Soldo.
One can get lots of hit outs but can't really play footy. The other can get some hit outs and play footy IF he's switched on n not having a brain fart session.

If not against the Crow baits then straight after the bye I wouldn't mind seeing Cholly get a handful of games. Haven't seen anything from Soldo that makes me think he's got the capability to step up from what he's offered in his last few games. Maybe Cholly can find the right mind set to get involved in and stay in the games with the opportunity to perform in the seniors for a few games. Can't really get much less input, but could possibly get more.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
I would bring Chollly in. May not give as many HOTA but much more x-factor around the ground than Soldo.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The Mole said:
I would bring Chollly in. May not give as many HOTA but much more x-factor around the ground than Soldo.

Yep, especially in attack where we need it most.

mjb

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2007
123kid said:
End the hitouts farce.

Don’t commit 1 of 22 players to a meaningless stat that doesn’t influence the game. Grigg was the prototype.

Figure out how to prevent the oppo ruck grabbing and clearing it while playing an extra footballer who does footballer things instead.
The problem we have is struggling to field enough fit fit players who do football things without trying to find an extra one. I think we’ve gone past the tipping point. Early season we were plugging in new players and they were holding their own (and sometimes excelling), now there’s just too many fill ins and not enough core.