Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
If Chol and Ivan were nowhere near their opponent and Gawn was marking uncontested (which is what I also observed) why the hell were we kicking it to where Gawn was and not where either Chol or Ivan was?

DS

Reactions: 1 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Hard to see whose 50m ahead in the drizzling rain? Gawn's pretty agile so he'll get to a lot of down-the-line contests and win most of them even if our talls are there. Defenders are not keen to kick to 50-50 contests in the corridor.

caspar

We won!!!!!
Jun 8, 2006
Melbourne
The whole backline semed to take great joy in kicking it long up the line to where GAWN was.

Gawn dutifully took the mark. If Gawn knew where it was going, why were all his marks uncontested? Chol and Ivan were no where near their opponent.
Richmond players looked like they were trying to kill him by hitting him with the ball.

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Disappointed in his game last night. Very timid and lazy. Don’t trust him in finals. Wrong decision hooking up with the merkin too imo.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Seemed to have slipped back into the anonymous routine too much on Saturday. Didn't seem to have the will to repeats his last few weeks efforts. Likely to be dropped this week for Nanks

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Much rather Balta - offers variety (can play back and forward and mid) is as capable in the ruck with some of Chol's efforts on the weekend, was thinking he would stay in when Nank came back but have changed my mind now. Interestingly Balta spent a short period in the ruck on the weekend.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Chol should play IMO.
There's no need to play two true ruckmen in Nankervis & Soldo.
Chol isn't a ruckman as such. He's more of a hybrid X Factor type who can kick goals & play back if required.
He's also got good speed. I think Chol gives us flexibility & makes us less predictable.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Chol should play IMO.
There's no need to play two true ruckmen in Nankervis & Soldo.
Chol isn't a ruckman as such. He's more of a hybrid X Factor type who can kick goals & play back if required.
He's also got good speed. I think Chol gives us flexibility & makes us less predictable.

When you put it like that TOO, isn’t Balta a better option than Chol because he has all that and more?
Other than centre bounces, is he more effective at everything else? Think the club is looking long term development with Balta but think he’s a better option here and now. He’s definitely better at providing a contest in the air and, on the ground, has more agility. And can tackle

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
When you put it like that TOO, isn’t Balta a better option than Chol because he has all that and more?
Other than centre bounces, is he more effective at everything else? Think the club is looking long term development with Balta but think he’s a better option here and now. He’s definitely better at providing a contest in the air and, on the ground, has more agility. And can tackle
Not sure Noah is in the frame at this point of the season DA. Wasn’t all that impressive in the VFL last weekend and I think they’re looking to develop him as a key back. He got lost a bit in the seniors earlier in the year when they started moving him all over the park. Currently Balta is very raw IMO. Too freestyle & needs to settle in a role.

Chol had a quiet one last week in the wet but has shown plenty. Has kicked a goal in every game & been good relief in the ruck. I hope he gets another shot this week.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Hard to believe you could not see Gawn from 50m away in any weather.
Maybe they thought he was Houli? same look only 30cm shorther.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I know conditions didn't suit Chol today but geez I thought his endeavour and efforts were pretty lacklustre. Today's performance not good enough really.
Needs to find the competitive streak in him. Seems lazy at so many ruck contests. Doesn't seem to like the body-on-body stuff.
Would drop him next week and bring back Soldo.