English Premier League threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

English Premier League threads [Merged]

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
And have signed next to no one in the last 2 January transfer periods.

Yeah, I mean maybe they are skint but it seems like arrogance from Bielsa to say "my method is so good players are a minor factor".. I'm a Bielsa fan but if they go down again he has to cop a lot of the blame.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Yeah, I mean maybe they are skint but it seems like arrogance from Bielsa to say "my method is so good players are a minor factor".. I'm a Bielsa fan but if they go down again he has to cop a lot of the blame.
I think they are mindful of spending money they haven't got, which is what caused them to be in the wilderness for so long.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I think they are mindful of spending money they haven't got, which is what caused them to be in the wilderness for so long.

Yes, for sure. But if they go down that will cost them much more than buying a few players as cover.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Bielsa given the arse
Wow !!

Bielsa was the messiah, he returned Leeds to the promised land.

The last month or so have been a disaster, injuries have taken it's toll, but there's been talk that he lost a few of the players.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Wow !!

Bielsa was the messiah, he returned Leeds to the promised land.

The last month or so have been a disaster, injuries have taken it's toll, but there's been talk that he lost a few of the players.

I think that game style is very taxing on the players.. if you are working really hard to play that style but the goals against keep flying in you'd lose faith quickly.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Woke up listening to the BBC around 3am and the League final between Liverpool and Chelsea was about to start.... took me half an hour to realise it was on Kayo.
I'm not a big follower of the world game but as a contest it was a cracker.

For those that don't wanna know the result. ... read no more!

Some commentators were calling it the best nil all match after extra time ever!
Chelsea substituted their keeper with a minute to go as the one they brought on was the gun penalty saver...Penalties went 10 all and it was left to the keepers to take their shots.....The Liverpool keeper absolutely smashed it past the his counterpart.... and consequently the Chelsea gun put it over the top!
Liverpool 11 to 10

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Bielsa's legacy at Leeds

Going to really miss him.

Did read some analysis out of the UK that suggested that if Beilsa stayed they were 50/50 of staying up or going down. By changing managers they were probably a 75% chance of going down.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Did read some analysis out of the UK that suggested that if Beilsa stayed they were 50/50 of staying up or going down. By changing managers they were probably a 75% chance of going down.
How good is that Yank manager?

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
How good is that Yank manager?
Have read that he has a similar philosophy and game style to Beilsa, but maybe a slightly milder form.

Had success in Austria, converting a side to this style. But that didn't translate into his time in Germany at a club that had a much different game style ingrained.

A bit like when Leeds hired Beilsa, a massive gamble that could go really right or really wrong. Won't be boring, that's for sure.

"The real issue with Marsch and Leipzig is really as simple as 'right manager wrong time'. Anyone replacing a manager as talented as Julian Nagelsmann was going to struggle and with no real leadership structure at Leipzig it was quickly clear that Marsch was a not fit with a playing squad that had moved away from press and more into possession."

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

I've been following Leeds United since I was a little boy, I'm devastated to see El Loco go, he was, and is, a great great man.

There are parallels in Richmond and Leeds...........going broke, sacking coaches, giving fans false hopes and then breaking their hearts.

Some words of wisdom from the great man.................“A man with new ideas is a madman, until his ideas triumph.”

It was new ideas that Dimma and the Chimp used to turn the Might Tigers around from being a basket case and into a powerhouse on the field.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
If Abumovitch is gonna sell Smellsea, then it’s only right he sells them to Clive Palmer.

• Haha

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Absolute scenes at Elland Road for Leed’s 95th minute winner. Don’t know how the thin orange line of stewards managed to hold the crowd back from the ground.