English Premier League threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

English Premier League threads [Merged]

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Absolutely disgraceful performance from Wolves last night. Fans had every right to boo them at half time and after the game.

3 losses in a row. All season long they’ve been unable to score. Numerous losses to teams below them including 0-3 last night to BHA at home.

Bruno Lage is living on a knifes edge.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Things are getting tight for Leeds. Need a win and a couple draws at the minimum over the next 4 games. We play Palace in the morning then have Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea.
With Burnley hitting a bit of form and Everton knocking off Chelsea. Things looking precarious for Leeds. The 0-4 thrashing to Man City with Arsenal and Chelsea to come. I'm not confident. Everton have a game in hand too.

In other news. The race for promotion from the Championship looking fascinating. Fulham already home with automatic promotion. Bournemouth had been clearly second with a gap to the rest for some time. But are faltering now. With Nottingham Forest and Huddersfield both coming home like express trains just below them, there is hardly anything separating the three for the second automatic place. Bournemouth hosts Forest on Wednesday morning (our time) in a fascinating 6pt encounter.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
With Burnley hitting a bit of form and Everton knocking off Chelsea. Things looking precarious for Leeds. The 0-4 thrashing to Man City with Arsenal and Chelsea to come. I'm not confident. Everton have a game in hand too.
Yes, not looking good.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

In other news. The race for promotion from the Championship looking fascinating. Fulham already home with automatic promotion. Bournemouth had been clearly second with a gap to the rest for some time. But are faltering now. With Nottingham Forest and Huddersfield both coming home like express trains just below them, there is hardly anything separating the three for the second automatic place. Bournemouth hosts Forest on Wednesday morning (our time) in a fascinating 6pt encounter.

Would be great to see Forest back in the top flight

Reactions: 1 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
The Mighty Reds into 3rd Champs League final in 5 years, Final on May 28 versus winner of Real Madrid & Citeh played tomorrow morning

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I love the fact Forest have won the same number of Euro Cup/Champs League as Chelksi and 2 more than Citeh & its zillions

Forest miss out for now, losing to Bournemouth who get the other automatic spot, so they'll have to come up through the playoffs...

Villareal bottled it in the second after getting to 2-2 in the tie and dominating in the first half. But it's hard to keep a side like Liverpool out.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Forest are the biggest chokers when it comes to the playoffs for the EPL. How many chances!!

There's still time but looks like a slight chance Frankie Lampard's gonna save the Toffees from 1st relegation in 71 years.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Why did the EFL only play 45 games this season? It's usually 46 (1 team plays 23 teams twice)

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Forest are the biggest chokers when it comes to the playoffs for the EPL. How many chances!!

There's still time but looks like a slight chance Frankie Lampard's gonna save the Toffees from 1st relegation in 71 years.
Will be at Leeds's expense if they survive. Looking at games to come. Leeds look to be in trouble.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Forest miss out for now, losing to Bournemouth who get the other automatic spot, so they'll have to come up through the playoffs...

Villareal bottled it in the second after getting to 2-2 in the tie and dominating in the first half. But it's hard to keep a side like Liverpool out.
There is no doubt Liverpool were off in the 1st half.

A paltry total of 5 attempts on goal to Liverpool's 15 puts paid to Villareal bottling it !

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Thanks posh. I was somehow mislead by wikipedia....

Also a battle between Luton and Middlesbrough for final spot in the playoffs.

and Sheffield Utd.

Interesting set of games this week.

Sheffield Utd play Fulham at home
Luton play Reading at home
Middlesbrough play Preston away

I assume 2 of these games will be on Bein Sports this weekend. I think they would have had the Forest / Bournemouth games had Forest won but with Bournemouth winning its only the 5th and 6th spots in the Championship that are up for grabs now.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
There is no doubt Liverpool were off in the 1st half.

A paltry total of 5 attempts on goal to Liverpool's 15 puts paid to Villareal bottling it !

no doubt Liverpool were the better team Taz. Villarreal came out too defensive in the second half... they might still have lost but they should've gone for it.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Real have just pulled off a remarkable comeback. City fans will be crying themselves to sleep after that choke.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Real have just pulled off a remarkable comeback. City fans will be crying themselves to sleep after that choke.

Amazing game, Citeh looked home and hosed with 5 minutes left. That's about the third time Real have come back from the dead this UCL campaign, Benzema immense again.

Fate even swinging towards the Pool in the Prem maybe...