English Premier League threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

English Premier League threads [Merged]

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Saturday 14th Aug 10
Tottenham vs Man City
A Villa vs West Ham
Blackburn vs Everton
Bolton vs Fulham
Sunderland vs Birmingham
Wigan vs Blackpool
Wolves vs Stoke City
Chelsea vs West Brom

Sunday 15th Aug 10
Liverpool vs Arsenal

Monday 16th Aug 10
Man Utd vs Newcastle (Bobby won't be happy ;D)

ThePercies

Tiger Superstar
Apr 8, 2007
Bendigo
Re: 2010/2011 English Premier League

It's not too far away is it? ;D

I'm interested to see how 'Uncle Roy' does this season. Let's see what he can achieve with what he will have come seasons start

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

ThePercies said:
It's not too far away is it? ;D

I'm interested to see how 'Uncle Roy' does this season. Let's see what he can achieve with what he will have come seasons start

If success shows, I'll predict Livers to get back on board. ;D

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003

In the depths of winter when the Tigers are on the end of yet another flogging, ones thoughts inevitably return to the coming EPL season. ;D

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009

After the World Cup I'm going to try and get into the EPL. Sparked my interest a lot. It's not like I've never seen any matches before but never got fully into the spot. I'll try to watch as many games as possible, hopefully find a team, etc. Will be interesting, don't know what it's going to be like following a sport that you can't go to live and thus can't feel involved, etc. I don't know if it will hold my interest but I'll give it a shot.

ThePercies

Tiger Superstar
Apr 8, 2007
Bendigo

Barnzy said:
After the World Cup I'm going to try and get into the EPL. Sparked my interest a lot. It's not like I've never seen any matches before but never got fully into the spot. I'll try to watch as many games as possible, hopefully find a team, etc. Will be interesting, don't know what it's going to be like following a sport that you can't go to live and thus can't feel involved, etc. I don't know if it will hold my interest but I'll give it a shot.

Mate, i'm 30 years old now and have been following the premier league since i was 13 years old. I've never been to see a game live over in England. So, it's now held my interest for the past 17 years ;D (I'd almost say the atmosphere sounds twice as good as any AFL game you would go to (except Richmond games ;D ) )

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

[
Barnzy said:

i'm similar. i've always been interested in the EPL and watch a lot of games, especially before and after daylight savings... but i'm way more interested in the a-league because i see my team play live every second week.

like barnzy, i have never chosen an EPL team. i have always kept an eye on the teams where aussies play and have intimated at times that i follow liverpool. i don't really, i just enjoyed the city when i visited 7 years ago... plus i don't wanna be categorised as a bandwagon jumper (although i guess the reds aren't big 4 team anymore).

i have always favoured teams over others for stupid reasons. eg. i hate chelsea because they're toffs. i prefer man city over manure because of their underdog status in that town. i did like hull because they're the tigers. i like blackpool because i have family there (as well as southhampton). i quite like arsenal because i admire the way they play...

but i need to pull my finger out and chose a team. i'm seriously considering everton... but if anyone out there is willing to provide me with a convincing argument as to why i should support their team, well i'm all ears...

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005

Comes around again too quickly IMO. Love the footy but with the world cup has only just finished. Only so much of JT, Cole, Rooney etc you can take, Harry already winging in the papers about Man City..... Going to be a long season.

That said, am please Cesc is staying and if Van Persie stays fit (along with a few others) we can give it a shake.

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005

ThePercies said:
Mate, i'm 30 years old now and have been following the premier league since i was 13 years old. I've never been to see a game live over in England. So, it's now held my interest for the past 17 years ;D (I'd almost say the atmosphere sounds twice as good as any AFL game you would go to (except Richmond games ;D ) )
Clearly haven't been to a Bolton v Blackburn game. ;D

Freezer

Tiger Legend
Feb 22, 2007

Ian4 said:
i have always favoured teams over others for stupid reasons. eg. i hate chelsea because they're toffs.

A lot of other adjectives I'd use before 'toffs'. Look up the meaning of the word 'chav' for a start.

Ian4 said:
i prefer man city over manure because of their underdog status in that town.

Like Chelsea, they're trying to buy success. Dogs.

Ian4 said:
i did like hull because they're the tigers.

And about as good.

Ian4 said:
i like blackpool because i have family there (as well as southhampton).

Their manager will be more interesting than their football.

Ian4 said:
i quite like arsenal because i admire the way they play...

Like watching the TAC Cup each week.

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005

Ian4 said:
i quite like arsenal because i admire the way they play...

but i need to pull my finger out and chose a team.
Freezer said:
Like watching the TAC Cup each week.
Yeah Ian, watching players like Van Persie, Fabregas, Arshavin, Vermaelen, Diaby, Song, Nasri etc. is just like watching the TAC.

Get on board with a team who plays the beautiful game.

Freezer

Tiger Legend
Feb 22, 2007

Elmer said:
Yeah Ian, watching players like Van Persie, Fabregas, Arshavin, Vermaelen, Diaby, Song, Nasri etc. is just like watching the TAC.

Now, now, Elmer, we all know how Arsene likes to develop the young boys. :hihi

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005

Freezer said:
Now, now, Elmer, we all know how Arsene likes to develop the young boys. :hihi
I know the opposing fans like to sing about it every week, although I am not sure it makes it true. :scold (;D)

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

Elmer said:

yeah not sure about red and white. victory's local rival share those colours

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005

Ian4 said:
yeah not sure about red and white. victory's local rival share those colours
By that reasoning you need to follow Hull. Like most Tigers I have a soft spot for them, have two good mates from Hull who are mad supporters so keep an eye on their scores.Still, there is no freaking way I would follow Hull. As someone mentioned previously Richmond has enough floggings to be going on with.

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005

ThePercies said:
Good start would be to have Mascherano return his phone calls.

How is the nerve of some of these players.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003

Watched this last night. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damned_United

Most EPL fans should enjoy it.

Reactions: 1 user