English Premier League threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

English Premier League threads [Merged]

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
What a great goal for Fulham in the 1st half of extra time in the promotion play off against Brentford. You won't see too many better free kicks than that.
At the backend of the season Brentford had won 8 games in a row to just miss 2nd and automatic promotion. Extra time 2nd half has just started.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
A rollicking start to Liverpool's title defence (attack) 4-3 at Anfield to newly promoted Leeds
1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, 3-2, 3-3, 4-3

Oh, and a hat trick to Mo Salah

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
A rollicking start to Liverpool's title defence (attack) 4-3 at Anfield to newly promoted Leeds
1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, 3-2, 3-3, 4-3

Oh, and a hat trick to Mo Salah
Salah's second goal was all class. I'm happy with Leeds performance in their first game back in the premier league. They've shown that they will be competitive, especially with a couple more signings.

taztiger4

Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Salah's second goal was all class. I'm happy with Leeds performance in their first game back in the premier league. They've shown that they will be competitive, especially with a couple more signings.
yes they were pretty good, Leeds had majority of possession but 22 shots to 6 is telling as was Liverpool's 9 corners to 0

In other words Leeds took their chances, inc a gift from a rare mistake by VVD

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
yes they were pretty good, Leeds had majority of possession but 22 shots to 6 is telling as was Liverpool's 9 corners to 0

In other words Leeds took their chances, inc a gift from a rare mistake by VVD
Yes Leeds play a very high possession game, that is Bielsa's way.

taztiger4

Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Liverpool sign Thiago Alcantara from Bayern, highest ever profile signing I reckon, a distinct change in strategy from previous years .

Also sign Diogo Jota form Wolves, dont know a lot about him but clearly his nickname should be Laverda

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Leeds win 4:3 over Fulham. Defence needs shoring up.

Terrible lethargic start by MUN losing 3:1 to Palace.

taztiger4

Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Liverpool dominate @ Chelski & win 2-0 away, Thiago Alcantara plays a half & gives away a (very soft) penalty that Alison saves

Last edited:

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
love Bielsa so leeds is my number two team

yeah I read an article about him a while back. Great character of the game. As a Villa man I'll be taking special interest in how we progress in relation to Leeds. With a season in the epl under our belt and a few nice pick ups hopefully we'll manage to consolidate. Epl is brutal. Hope Leeds do well.
Here's another great manager story which warms the heart.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
yeah I read an article about him a while back. Great character of the game. As a Villa man I'll be taking special interest in how we progress in relation to Leeds. With a season in the epl under our belt and a few nice pick ups hopefully we'll manage to consolidate. Epl is brutal. Hope Leeds do well.
Here's another great manager story which warms the heart.

Thanks for that gt, a very enjoyable read.
He was a great man was Jack, and didn't the Irish love him.

glantone

Jun 5, 2007
haha... yeah that's lovely. Good one, thanks : ) I love sports stories that highlight the humour and simple humanity in leaders, especially in days gone by.
Here's one that'll bring a smile.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
haha... yeah that's lovely. Good one, thanks : ) I love sports stories that highlight the humour and simple humanity in leaders, especially in days gone by.
Here's one that'll bring a smile.

Aisnworth is such a flog. We (AFCW) have played a bit against Wycombe over the last few years - he's such an arrogant, cocky prick. Rock n roll my arse.

glantone

Jun 5, 2007
HAHAHA.. Love it!!! Thanks midsy. Love the passion.
I just fell in love with the romance of the story .....

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
genuine question, how do the players get away with so much intimidation and abuse of referees?

Same way they get away with ridiculous simulation - they're allowed to.

If they got yellow (or even red) cards when they did it, it would soon stop - but they're just allowed to do it.