English Premier League threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

English Premier League threads [Merged]

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Leeds United win again 1-0, now 6th on the ladder. Watching the highlights, they owe the win to 20 yearl old keeper IIIan Meslier, what a star.
Man City next, shouldn't be a problem:)

Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Citeh LOL, lost 5-2 to Leicester at home & have now lost 10 of their last 36 games.

By comparison, Liverpool have lost 10 of their last 128 games :)

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
As a villa man I am shell shocked. It feels like we’ve won some major final. I just can’t believe it. It’s a once in a life time result for us. A dream. I know the scousers were way off their game, I know we had 3 deflection goals, and I know if we played them again next week they’d probably murder us. That aside it’s our best start since 1958 and the players we’ve picked up in the window all impacted, though Traore didn’t get much time on the pitch. We picked up heaps of players last season and none of them could break a game open. This season may be different for us. Things are looking better for villa …. for a change. It's been a bloody long time between drinks.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
As a villa man I am shell shocked. It feels like we’ve won some major final. I just can’t believe it. It’s a once in a life time result for us. A dream. I know the scousers were way off their game, I know we had 3 deflection goals, and I know if we played them again next week they’d probably murder us. That aside it’s our best start since 1958 and the players we’ve picked up in the window all impacted, though Traore didn’t get much time on the pitch. We picked up heaps of players last season and none of them could break a game open. This season may be different for us. Things are looking better for villa …. for a change. It's been a bloody long time between drinks.
What’s going on over there gt? Leeds win promotion and then everyone wants to play the Leeds way:))
It’s the same in the AFL, everyone wants to copy the Mighty Tiges.

glantone

Jun 5, 2007
Haha… yeah well Leeds another famous old club with a great history played beautiful football to get back into the epl, where they belong. If we can display the skills they have over the last season I’d be more than happy.

After Villa survived relegation and Leeds stepped up I thought given Leeds played better football than us albeit in the Championship, Leeds would be our measuring stick for this season. I’m not sure how fair it is to compare a lowly epl club with a successful championship club but for me that’s where all the epl excitement has been. Our next 4 games Leicester, Leeds, Sth Hampton and the gunners. Leeds next 4 Wolves, Villa, Leicester, Crystal. Can’t wait to see how the 2 clubs go. It's been such an unVilla like start to the season that I have not idea if we are just momentarily disconnected from reality.. haha

Reactions: 1 users

glantone

Jun 5, 2007
How’s spurs at home to west ham. 3-0 at the 16 minute mark. Still 3-0 at the 81 minute mark. Game ends 3 all. Wtf? That would have been a crazy last 15 minutes of football to see. Shame no-one there to enjoy.

Villa unbelievably still riding the wave. Leicester no Vardy helped a lot. Best start in 90 years. Don't expect to live 90 years so lucky timing.

Leeds v Wolves tomorrow should be good.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
the EPL without crowds is real dull and looks like an under 19 practice game.

glantone

Jun 5, 2007
Funny you say that. Even without the crowds I find watching a cracking game of epl with Villa just as enjoyable and as tense as watching the tiges. Guess it depends on emotional investment. I can watch Leeds, or Man U or any other epl team if the football is good with or without a crowd and enjoy it but I stopped watching afl games unless the tiges were playing years ago. The afl game is shot. Like watching boa constrictors fight to the death.

glantone

Jun 5, 2007
How good are Leeds! Their energy and counter attack was amazing. Could've easily been 0-5.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
How good are Leeds! Their energy and counter attack was amazing. Could've easily been 0-5.
Cheers gt.
Bamford is silencing his detractors. How about the goalline clearance from Ayling, might have been a different result if that had gone in.

glantone

Jun 5, 2007
yeah Bamford had a cracker. And they were really good goals. He's got some touch! Geez you've had the best weekend. Leeds and a tiger premiership!!
When Leeds counter attack it's reminiscent of the tiges in full flight - a tsunami of speed from one end of the ground to the other. Must be scary as hell for the opposition.

• Love

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Mighty Reds go top after 2-1 win @ Anfield against Spurs

807 passes @ 88% to 250 @ 61% !!

Last edited:

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
Arsenal would want to start to put some wins together or they'll find themselves in the relegation dog-fight.