English Premier League threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

English Premier League threads [Merged]

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Cancelled my LFCTV GO account and any future payments, cancelled my LFC International Club Membership and any future payments while these clowns are owners. Will support the players, coaches and local Liverpool people at the club, feel sad for them all, but I'm done with Liverpool the minute they are officially out of the EPL and in that Super League.

Jamie Carragher said it superbly this morning too. "This is not Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, etc. This is the owners - the Glazers, John Henry, Abramovich, Kroenke dragging institutions of over 100 years through the mud, these are the people too blame. Because from my own clubs point off view, the only reason Liverpool are in this league is the fact they've won 6 European Cups or 20 League titles. Only one of each has come under FSG, so they've used the history of the club going back to Bill Shankly, and even before him to line their own greedy pockets." Then he called them six owners The Mafia :mhihi

I will not follow them at all, looking to jump onto a City of Liverpool team, or the Merseyside Reds, and must admit even right now I'm hoping they and the other five clubs lose as many games as possible until the end of the year.

Man Utd V Leeds next up, C'mon Leeds, do it again. 1-0 v City, 1-1 v Liverpool, beat Utd, jeez the lip on the Big 6 three off them not being good enough to beat Leeds aye, flogs!! :clap1

Hopefully something happens and the fans worldwide, supporters with money, can wrestle the name, stadium, something, anything from FSG we could get back I'd be so happy. 100 million fans worldwide is not something to sneeze at, nor upset.

C'mon Liechester :))

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210420-222527_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210420-222527_Samsung Internet.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Sponsors jumping off Liverpool now. This has been a total PR disaster. UEFA, FIFA and the EPL are greedy mofos as well of course, but it's good to see the general public has had enough of this shyte.

EzcUX8mWUAA38MY

Arsene has his say.

EzcZF1gX0AQ7ODL

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
So EUFA have come out the day after the proposed ESL & mad massive changes to the Champions League !, maybe it was a ploy to force UEFA's hand !

Citeh & Chelksi reportedly pulling out

Real Madrid 900M in debt

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
So EUFA have come out the day after the proposed ESL & mad massive changes to the Champions League !, maybe it was a ploy to force UEFA's hand !

Citeh & Chelksi reportedly pulling out

Real Madrid 900M in debt
That had been planned for ages and was expected. That’s why this ESL thing came about - the greedy Americans weren’t happy with it. They wanted more revenue from Champions.

And nobody will be “negotiating” anything now re ESL. It’s done. Man City and Chelsea pulling out. A stunt to try and out more pressure on UEFA. Get more money out of them in the Champions League.

Expectation is that these clubs are gonna get some severe punishment. Doubt it though...

Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
That had been planned for ages and was expected. That’s why this ESL thing came about - the greedy Americans weren’t happy with it. They wanted more revenue from Champions.

And nobody will be “negotiating” anything now re ESL. It’s done. Man City and Chelsea pulling out. A stunt to try and out more pressure on UEFA. Get more money out of them in the Champions League.

Expectation is that these clubs are gonna get some severe punishment. Doubt it though...
Yep agree, don't know about punishment or sanctions though

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I’ve got no doubt it’s been John Henry, Tom Werner and the Glazers that have been behind this.

And in their usual gutless fashion, you haven’t heard Jack from these greedy cowards.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
All six English clubs have now quit the super league. They don't care about their fans, but soon had a change of heart when sponsors start pulling out and threatening too.
Most of the clubs who signed up, both English and European are in debt the huge sign on amount would have wiped out that debt.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Apparently all UK clubs have pulled out. Can't see any punishment, for what reason, considering their options?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
It was a wee bit more than that.
Sure, you know that, I know that, but any attempted punishment or sanctions would probably end up in court and ultimately it boils down to exploring their options.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Sure, you know that, I know that, but any attempted punishment or sanctions would probably end up in court and ultimately it boils down to exploring their options.

Signing up, setting up and announcing a new competition is not "exploring their options". Exploring options is floating ideas and talking to people about possibilities, that's fine. But they signed contracts in contravention of their membership of the FA/UEFA/FIFA. Those bodies are well within their rights to issue penalties or sanctions as with any other breach of rules or membership.

Yes, it could wind up in court and then who knows. Let's see if the FA etc have the gumption to issue sanctions to these powerful clubs first.

I'm glad this disgusting initiative has died a horrible death within a few days.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Signing up, setting up and announcing a new competition is not "exploring their options". Exploring options is floating ideas and talking to people about possibilities, that's fine. But they signed contracts in contravention of their membership of the FA/UEFA/FIFA. Those bodies are well within their rights to issue penalties or sanctions as with any other breach of rules or membership.

Yes, it could wind up in court and then who knows. Let's see if the FA etc have the gumption to issue sanctions to these powerful clubs first.

I'm glad this disgusting initiative has died a horrible death within a few days.
If they attempt to punish these clubs it will just restart these conversations with the clubs being more determined.

Who signed the contracts? The legal entity that has agreements with the FAs or a seperate legal entity just for this proposed league? The associations punishing these clubs will be as successful as the super league itself.

Last edited:

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
have only just tuned into this story.

what a complete *smile* up?

I wish the supporters had gone full hooligan and burnt the owners houses down.

greedy *smile*

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Apparently all UK clubs have pulled out. Can't see any punishment, for what reason, considering their options?

As a Spurs fan, I believe all clubs should still be sanctioned harshly to ensure it never happens again. i would still go with a 30 point deduction.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I’ve got no doubt it’s been John Henry, Tom Werner and the Glazers that have been behind this.

And in their usual gutless fashion, you haven’t heard Jack from these greedy cowards.

I agree this has a distinct American stink around it. A type of single conference system supported by an American bank. Its pretty clear that the Russians and Arabs weren't the driving force and just went along with it being as Citeh and Chelski were the 1st to withdraw. I'd add Kroenke into your list of those driving this.

This has been a monumental failure, they sure expected some of their stakeholders to support them, but not 1 stakeholder group agreed with this approach. Pure and utter ignorance and arrogance. Surely sure a big move would have had to have been floated with some of their stakeholders but it appears not, and they couldn't have read the room any worse.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users