English Premier League threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

English Premier League threads [Merged]

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Big game for Ange tonight.

On Kayo as well for those who have it.

Tough victory on aggregate 3:2 over AZ Alkmaar on Thursday to qualify for the Europa League. Given Rangers dominance last year, this game will show just where Celtic are at right now. Looking forward to seeing Jermaine Defoe still playing for Rangers as well.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Celtic dominating possession 67% - 33% through 10 minutes.

Edit

Half time 0-0, Edward missed a soda for Celtic and Kent hit the outside of the upright. A good, open entertaining game.

Last edited:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
You’ve got to like the SPL, they get tackled and just get straight back up. There’s no rolling around bullish!t, they you see in most of the other leagues.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The Arse in a world of trouble. Could well be in relegation battle all year. Watched the game v City and have never seen such a one side match. City had 82% possession and 25 shots to 1. The Arse were lucky not to lose 10-0. Big changes needed at the Arse to avoid relegation.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I cant watch Wolves anymore. I have never seen a team fail to capitalise on so many simple one on one open shots - even on the goal line. Its just unbearable. Its like watching an AFL player miss a shot running into goal from 20m or a set shot from 20m, or kicking it off the ground in the goal square and stuffing it up over and over and over. Despite countless opportunities they have not kicked a single goal in three EPL games. Not one.

Last edited:

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Re: 2010/2011 English Premier League

[

i'm similar. i've always been interested in the EPL and watch a lot of games, especially before and after daylight savings... but i'm way more interested in the a-league because i see my team play live every second week.

like barnzy, i have never chosen an EPL team. i have always kept an eye on the teams where aussies play and have intimated at times that i follow liverpool. i don't really, i just enjoyed the city when i visited 7 years ago... plus i don't wanna be categorised as a bandwagon jumper (although i guess the reds aren't big 4 team anymore).

i have always favoured teams over others for stupid reasons. eg. i hate chelsea because they're toffs. i prefer man city over manure because of their underdog status in that town. i did like hull because they're the tigers. i like blackpool because i have family there (as well as southhampton). i quite like arsenal because i admire the way they play...

but i need to pull my finger out and chose a team. i'm seriously considering everton... but if anyone out there is willing to provide me with a convincing argument as to why i should support their team, well i'm all ears...
I got into Leeds in my late primary into high school years. Having Viduka and Harry Kewell in their career best form playing for them helped consolidate it.

Also loved players like Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbank and Tony Yeboah in arguably their career best form, while donning the all white Leeds strip in the 1990s.

I liked the parallels to Richmond too. Kings of the 1960s-70s, with an large, rabid following (rather infamous for certain elements of their following) that had a large fall from grace in more recent decades (albeit the down decades didn’t quite line up with ours). So were considered somewhat of a sleeping giant.

In recent seasons Marcelo Beilsa has had them playing a no guts, no glory very attacking game. Hugely entertaining. High risk, high reward. You don’t play for draws. If the other team scores, you don’t defend to limit the damage, you go out to score MORE than them. It has lead to some floggings, but it has also meant Leeds scoring some big scores themselves. And many believe he has had the squad at his disposal achieving above themselves. Firstly to get promotion (after 17 years in the wilderness and a near death financial experience) in emphatic style. But to then finish only just outside European qualification in their first season back.

I have been to a game at Elland Road too. One of the remaining old school stadiums left. And really cranks the atmosphere on game days. Just an indescribably different experience to the soulless cookie cutter stadiums many teams play in now. Can only imagine how it will go up another level when a reincarnation of standing terraces comes to Elland Road over the next year.

After their near death experience, they are trying to climb back up the heap in a financially sustainable way, through astute purchases, natural improvement and promoting youth from within.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I got into Leeds in my late primary into high school years. Having Viduka and Harry Kewell in their career best form playing for them helped consolidate it.

Also loved players like Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbank and Tony Yeboah in arguably their career best form, while donning the all white Leeds strip in the 1990s.

I liked the parallels to Richmond too. Kings of the 1960s-70s, with an large, rabid following (rather infamous for certain elements of their following) that had a large fall from grace in more recent decades. So were considered somewhat of a sleeping giant.

In recent seasons Marcelo Beilsa has had them playing a no guts, no glory very attacking game. Hugely entertaining. High risk, high reward. You don’t play for draws. If the other team scores, you don’t defend to limit the damage, you go out to score MORE than them. It has lead to some floggings, but it has also meant Leeds scoring some big scores themselves. And many believe he has had the squad at his disposal achieving above themselves. Firstly to get promotion (after 17 years in the wilderness and a near death financial experience) in emphatic style. But to then finish only just outside European qualification in their first season back.

I have been to a game at Elland Road too. One of the remaining old school stadiums left. And really cranks the atmosphere on game days. Just an indescribably different experience to the soulless cookie cutter stadiums many teams play in now. Can only imagine how it will go up another level when a reincarnation of standing terraces comes to Elland Road over the next year.

After their near death experience, they are trying to climb back up the heap in a financially sustainable way, through astute purchases, natural improvement and promoting youth from within.
Marching on Together :love:

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Marching on Together :love:

Two of my absolute favourites from my childhood tigerman.

The Elland Road roof being lifted off for the spectacular volley goal vs Liverpool. And the mind blowing evasive skills for the goal vs Wimbledon and the bewildered look on the GK’s face. Tong Yeboah played a big part in me adopting Leeds. Would love to teleport a mid 1990s Tony Yeboah into today’s attacking Leeds side!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

Two of my absolute favourites from my childhood tigerman.

The Elland Road roof being lifted off for the spectacular volley goal vs Liverpool. And the mind blowing evasive skills for the goal vs Wimbledon and the bewildered look on the GK’s face. Tong Yeboah played a big part in me adopting Leeds. Would love to teleport a mid 1990s Tony Yeboah into today’s attacking Leeds side!
Cracking goals, especially the first one.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
My club, AFC Wimbledon, have drawn Arsenal in the 2nd round of the League Cup, so it’s a nice money making trip to the Emirates for us, and not an unrealistic (although unlikely) chance of a win.

Reactions: 1 users