English Premier League threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

English Premier League threads [Merged]

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Everton! AfckingMazing!!!!

Football at the bottom of the epl is always the best.
True, epic comeback. They are stuck with Frank Lampard now.

Shoutout to Patrick Viera as manager of Crystal Palace, done amazing.
And Burnley managed to rescue a point. Leeds really are up against it now. *smile*, *smile* *smile*!

On another note. If anyone ever was in any doubt as to why for much of it's history, Scotland has been invaded by and ruled by others. The common theme is that they aren't a united bunch, they are too preoccupied fighting and squabbling tribally among themselves. Football is just the modern manifestation of and outlet for this age old tendency.

Looking at the reaction in Scottish social media to Rangers losing the Europa final in a dramatic penalty shootout. Most of Scotland is jubilant. And that isn't just the Catholic aligned people. It's across the board. Had it been Celtic, the reaction would be similar, but just slightly different tilt of people celebrating their misery. It seems with Scots, if their specific tribe can't be on top, they don't want anyone else on top. I'm sure it goes back to the tribal clan tendencies anciently ingrained in the Scottish psyche. :LOL:

English football, Italian and Spanish all have some of this going on. But having been to games in Scotland and England. The hatred and contempt is so much more intense in Scotland. You can cut it with a knife. I went to a Hearts Vs Rangers game once. Sat near the segregation line. These two are supposedly notional brother clubs in the whole Protestant v Catholic divide. But there was absolutely no feeling of solidarity. It felt like something could kick off imminently the entire game and after the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
This time of year is the best. I've always loved the playoffs and there is something euphoric in staying up when all seemed to be doomed.

My team was relegated this year, but its crazy how things can swing at this time of year.

League 2 in England proves this. Northampton were comfortably in the 3rd automatic promotion place with 1 game to go. I think they had a goal difference of +4 going into the final game so a win would likely take them up. They won 3-1 away, but Bristol Rovers won 7-0 (with a last minute winner) to take them up and push Northampton to the playoffs. They were knocked out in the playoff semi finals last night.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Final scenarios tonight:

1. Man City 90
2. Liverpool 89

For the title:
Man City has to beat Aston Villa.
Liverpool has to beat Wolves with Man City losing or drawing.

17. Burnley 35
18. Leeds 35
19. Watford 23 Gone
20. Norwich 22 Gone

Retain EPL spot:
Burnley has to beat Newcastle.
Leeds has to beat Brentford with Burnley losing or drawing. If Leeds draw, Burnley has to lose.

Promotion to EPL:
1. Fulham - already promoted.
2. Bournemouth - already promoted.
Notts Forest v Huddersfield for 3rd spot.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
So as I predicted Citeh won the title :LOL:
:LOL::LOL:

but it was a lot closer than I expected.

Well done Spurs, and Leeds for staying up.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
COYS. In Conte we trust. Huge turnaround.
Fantastic result
Even when we got the first goal - then another - I was still worried
OK by the fourth I was starting to get a bit relaxed
Huge finish to the season
Lets hope it gives Harry a huge boost to want to stay part of the team too
COYS

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Fantastic result
COYS
City getting Haaland will keep Kane at Spurs. Who else comes for him?

Conte and cash over the summer, promise of CL should keep him happy.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Fantastic result
COYS

We probably didn't deserve 4th, but we'll take it. Happy 6th consecurive St Woolwich Day :love:

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
We probably didn't deserve 4th, but we'll take it. Happy 6th consecurive St Woolwich Day :love:
I reckon we did deserve it in the end.
But I also reckon I was still scarred from some of those St Totteringham Days - incl Lasagnagate

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

I think Spurs did deserve it in the end... tougher mentally, spanked the Arse, drew with the Pool, won the game against Norwich in style. It was all perfect for you on the last day - Norwich try to play football so this suits Spurs. It was all set up for Spurs to be the most Spursy they could possibly be, but they weren't. Conte.

Also shoutout to Heung-Min Son, underrated player. Shares the Golden Boot with Salah AND he doesn't take penalties.

Reactions: 3 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I think Spurs did deserve it in the end... tougher mentally, spanked the Arse, drew with the Pool, won the game against Norwich in style. It was all perfect for you on the last day - Norwich try to play football so this suits Spurs. It was all set up for Spurs to be the most Spursy they could possibly be, but they weren't. Conte.

Also shoutout to Heung-Min Son, underrated player. Shares the Golden Boot with Salah AND he doesn't take penalties.
and he rarely assists unlike Mo :)

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
With virtually the last kick of their season. That is so Leeds to do it the hard way and give everyone a heart attack in the process. They know no other way than comically dramatic.
You can add Sunderland to that.

Congrats to the Black Cats for finally getting out of the League 1 mire finally with a 2-0 Play Off win over Wycombe to get back to the Championship.

Hopefully they return to the top flight soon where the Big Clubs belong.

Congrats to Leeds also for staying up, like many I have a soft spot for them from the Viduka and Kewell years, same as Everton for Cahill.

Hopefully Forrest can win promotion back to the Big Time and join perennial yo yo yo club Fulham, and Bournemouth to go back up its been too long for them out of it.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Hopefully Forrest can win promotion back to the Big Time and join perennial yo yo yo club Fulham, and Bournemouth to go back up its been too long for them out of it.
Too long alright. Big game tonight v Huddersfield.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Gee what a roller coaster of emotions that final day would have been for City and Liverpool fans.

Mirrored the drama when City edged United a few years back.

Happy for a bloke I met back in 2009 in the African bush.

Long suffering City fan, the passionate way he spoke about his team reminded me of the way we all feel about the Tigers.

I adopted his team from that moment on. Whilst not a devoted EPL fan I always keep an eye on them with him in mind.