English Premier League threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

English Premier League threads [Merged]

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
You can add Sunderland to that.

Congrats to the Black Cats for finally getting out of the League 1 mire finally with a 2-0 Play Off win over Wycombe to get back to the Championship.

Any idea if they are still doing the 'Sunderland 'till I die' series?

Loved both seasons and would be a shame if they haven't included this one seeing that it's ended on a good note.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Any idea if they are still doing the 'Sunderland 'till I die' series?

Loved both seasons and would be a shame if they haven't included this one seeing that it's ended on a good note.
I got no idea mate its a series Ive meant to watch but have yet to look at.

Last few years in particular has been a dire time for Black Cats faithfull, and they became and advertisement of what can happen to a big club in modern footy if the owners dont kick in the $$$ required to maintain at the level.

They didn't spend and they crashed straight out of the EPL through the Championship into the League 1 in the blink of an eye.

The fact they couldn't get out of League one for what 3 odd years is a shocking state for such a big club in the UK.

Sheffield Wednesday remain in League One after getting booted from the Championship for violations in payments or something of that nature being docked too many points to stay in the Championship so Sunderland were are not the only Big Club to find emselves in the mire. Ironically it was Sunderland who beat and progressed past Wednesday in the playoffs for promotion.

One would expect Wednesday to get out out of League One next season.

I might have to look at the series, lots of reviews and I think Sunderland Fans misery and disenchantment no doubt has echoed the plight of the Tiger Army during the 37 years of disaster after disaster after disaster, wrong players wrong coaches no money to spend on Footy Departments for quality staff.

A huge club just reduced to a bit of a laughing stock. Many similarities.

Agreed their progression back into the Championship towards the EPL would've been a fantastic climax to another series much like the Tigers 2017 docco.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Spurs give Conte 150 million for the Summer.

Look out. On the move.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
That's what ManUre thought when they spent 80m pound on Harry *smile* Maquire :)
Different transfer market valuations now days. You can still get it wrong but those numbers are long gone.

150 can get you four or five really solid types.

JoMamma

Tiger Rookie
Oct 4, 2004
Different transfer market valuations now days. You can still get it wrong but those numbers are long gone.

150 can get you four or five really solid types.
They wouldn't want to repeat the same mistakes they made with the Gareth Bale transfer money.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Champs League final tomorrow AM.

I'll be supporting the fascists - though I reckon the pool will win it

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
And there you have it, Real kings of Europe again despite being probably the third best team in the comp.

Liverpool will be disappointed with this season... two cups but not the big one, nor the league.

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Destiny with Real this year, given the various ways they somehow got past PSG, Chelsea & Man City, when seemingly 'out the door'..

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Nottingham Forest back into the Premier league after 23 years. Great to see.

Probably got a little bit lucky in the decider against Huddersfield. Looked to me that Huddersfield were probably the better side on the day, but couldn't find the back of the net. But either of the two were deserving of promotion. Both side's run of form over the closing months meant they were well clear of the chasing pack. And both had really strong, consistent seasons.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Probably got a little bit lucky in the decider against Huddersfield. Looked to me that Huddersfield were probably the better side on the day, but couldn't find the back of the net. But either of the two were deserving of promotion. Both side's run of form over the closing months meant they were well clear of the chasing pack. And both had really strong, consistent seasons.
The Cloughys will be proud. One of my 2nd favourite teams over the years. Hope they do well to stay in.

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth

Good to see. My mother's uncle used to play for them, John O'Hare.

The town they were from, Renton has a wonderful footballing history, producing many top footballers and even winning the World Cup!

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Yeah a very cagey match and they probably got lucky with a couple of penalty decisions. I especially thought the 2nd one was as clear cut as they come, but they had VAR so who knows.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The Cloughys will be proud. One of my 2nd favourite teams over the years. Hope they do well to stay in.

Might have made Nigel Clough feel a bit better after losing in the playoffs again on Saturday when Mansfield lost to Port Vale in the League 2 playoffs.

Reactions: 1 users