Enough is enough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Enough is enough

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
We have been taking the *smile* all year carrying players that we can no longer afford to carry.

Make no mistake, this year we are a middle of the road side. Injuries have undone us. Our stars have gotten older. But the rules have changed significantly enough to take away our one wood

We need to stop beating our heads against the wall with players who aren't contributing.

Aarts must be dropped. And must never be selected again. He is a VFL footballer. I'm sure he's a great bloke, with good footy IQ, but he's a free intercept mark for the opposition and and highway for their defenders to run out of trouble. Our forward line has not looked dangerous or functional at any point this year.

Castagna is finished. He was always a player with a niche. And that niche no longer exists. The mechanical changes to the game this year mean that he has no purpose or value. You simply can't be that poor a user, particularly when you can't contribute defensively any more.

Houli is finished. He's a true legend of our club, but he can barely find the ball anymore, cannot make a tackle, and is having one or two useful kicks a game. It hurts, but he's done.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
We have been taking the *smile* all year carrying players that we can no longer afford to carry.

Make no mistake, this year we are a middle of the road side. Injuries have undone us. Our stars have gotten older. But the rules have changed significantly enough to take away our one wood

We need to stop beating our heads against the wall with players who aren't contributing.

Aarts must be dropped. And must never be selected again. He is a VFL footballer. I'm sure he's a great bloke, with good footy IQ, but he's a free intercept mark for the opposition and and highway for their defenders to run out of trouble. Our forward line has not looked dangerous or functional at any point this year.

Castagna is finished. He was always a player with a niche. And that niche no longer exists. The mechanical changes to the game this year mean that he has no purpose or value. You simply can't be that poor a user, particularly when you can't contribute defensively any more.

Houli is finished. He's a true legend of our club, but he can barely find the ball anymore, cannot make a tackle, and is having one or two useful kicks a game. It hurts, but he's done.
Castagna was finished when Butler left.

Reactions: 2 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
If we can see the problems why can't the match committee? Playing their role covering a substandard performance doesn't cut it. Far too many players are a shell of what they were and tonight's performance is a downright embarrassment

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012

WTF is this rant?

All three of those players were building nicely before the bye

Reactions: 1 user

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
WTF is this rant?

All three of those players were building nicely before the bye
Wrong. They're all without a home. The only one I can see a reason for continuing with is Houli, and that's because if he can recover form, and we manage to sneak into the eight, he is a great finals player, and can be so under the the new rules.

But I think that form is behind him.