Equal Opportunity - AFLW and Indigenous numbers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Equal Opportunity - AFLW and Indigenous numbers

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
AFLW has been a huge success. Ghoul's finest achievement. That there was no provision for indigenous representation is no more a sin than the booing of Adam Goodes. Or the absolution of Jeff Kennett for his joke - the one where he offered a woman of colour his loose change to repair her jeans.

Getting back to AFLW, social justice advocates will be up and about on indigenous numbers soon.

Let's hope the AFL plays ball.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
My version of equality is to be colour blind.
If a person gets the footy and is best available at the draft, grab them.
Of course recruiting involves personality, attitude as well. If they interview well and determining a good fit for the club.

Maybe set up academies specifically for AFLIW to improve skills and game play to close the opportunity gap

Reactions: 1 user