Equal terms - the TRUTH is here! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Equal terms - the TRUTH is here!

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
We face the Dons, our first home game blockbuster at a packed 'G' - 5 of our best sitting the game out - a huge test to say the least. Bowden and Tivendale, this is your time to show what you've got, and give us a match winning performance.

The Don's are not without their injury worries - I actually believe we are on equal terms as far as injured personel and their contribution to the respective sides.

We will be without Richo, Ottens, Cambell, Blumfield and to a lesser effect, Holland and Houlihan.

Essendon's outs - Fletcher (hopefully), Rioli, Henneman, Ramanauskas, and possibly Hird and Cupido.

In stating that, and with Essendon not being the side of 2 years ago, we must come up with a result which IMO will shape our season.

Fail, which we are more than capable of doing very well, and our season (with the long term injury woes) will come to an abrupt and predictable end.

If we lose, but include the young blokes who must be selected in place of certain geese we have in the side, then positives may come out of the game but.......

if we lose while keeping the geese and the gander in the starting 22, then our supporters, players, and co. will vacate the stands, membership drives will go to naught, and another cellar dwelling season will beckon.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Looking forward to going to the game, and really interested in seeing what we are capable of producing in the absense of so many good players. Should really test our resolve.

It's games like these in which Bowden, Tivendale, Fiora, Rogers, Hall, Krakouer, Fleming, Pettifer etc have to stand up, show their worth and take the game by the scruff of the neck, because Cambo, Richo and Otto aren't going to be there to to do it for them.

I think this game more so than being pivotal to where we end up by season's end, is going to be pivotal in deciding which players are going to take part in Richmond's future. The likes of Schulz and McGrath are knocking on the door of selection and when Blumfield, Cambo, Richo, Ottens and Holland come back into the side there isn't going to be much room for passengers. If they don't show their stuff now, they may not get another chance to do it. Here's hoping that some of the above mentioned players step up to the plate and show some pride, guts, SKILL and determination. If not, they can say goodbye at the end of the year.

Go Tiges! Rip em a new one!

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
JohnF,

Here's hoping that Rogers, Pettiffer and even Fleming show what they've got this week - which in my opinion is nothing - and hence the RFC say 'ciao' at the end of the year, if not sooner!

P.S. I love Newman