Essendon face possible training probe [Merged]

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
19,621
860
TigerMasochist said:
Darcy already did the hard hitting in depth interview with the Weapon. Don't reckon that Dank bloke could lie straight on the rack so he'll never present anything believable. Players have all got their slice of compo so they won't be breaking their vows of silence.
I’m sure there be a book in 20 years
“Injecting the truth”
 

nqtiger

In the jungle
Mar 7, 2004
1,518
0
Back From The jungle
Baloo said:
Pretty sure the club has got all the players to sign NDAs, which would imply they all got some sort of payout.

We really need Dank to come clean, or the other bloke, the Weapon.
This is very very close, they all got afl sanctioned payouts, more cheating as they weren’t included in the salary cap,

AFL needs a big mop to get rid of the **** that’s running it
 

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
49,030
1,326
tigersnake said:
We are still yet to see any of the players really grilled, players as in players in the scandal not footy players, although they are players in that too. I'm talking really sat down and being asked the hard detailed questions, Leigh Sales, Sarah Ferguson 4-corners style. Its never happened. Back when it was happening there would be staged interviews, I remember one where Jobe was asked one question sternly, which he would no doubt have been given a week before to rehearse. Its amazing. Its not unheard of for the players to go to ground or be shielded initially ah la Lance Armstrong, but going on 6 years later and still no frank interviews with detailed questions:

'Who told you about the supplements program?'
'What records were kept by you or the club?'
'how many injections were you given? where?'
'did they have any effect?'
"what was the feeling amongst the players?'

etc etc. If the AFL are good at one thing, its circling the wagons and controlling the message, ie, they have a massive PR budget, I'd actually love to see their PR expenditure, I'll bet decent money it isn't on the record, or buried creatively.
Well said snakey. Your point is still my gripe on these daylight robbery pricks.
 

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017 ! Go Tiges in 2019 !
Aug 27, 2003
6,554
150
RFC
Legends of 2017 said:
There is one person that could clear everyone. That person is Dank. I find it interesting that for all the bleating about clearing their names, not one player, not one essendrugs coach, not one essendrugs official and not one individual in the afl hierarchy has taken him to court to reveal what he knows. Why?
Here's a thought.
Maybe the AFL knew that no-one could drag Dank to any hearing to say the truth if not in the AFL system.
It was Danks program and he does know the crap he put in their bodies. Now the twist, what if the AFL in their wisdom "unofficially, off the record" told Dank to bugger off. Banned him and out of the AFL system. Lose the records. As he is no longer an employee within the AFL he is not bound or answerable to no-one. The AFL "brand " is protected as those involved wont reveal anything nor force too in any hearing in the matter as they don't have to attend ( not legally obliged to). Dank constantly puts on a hatred show & so does the AFL with each other. Its a Xfile thought Ive always had in my mind.

Great magicians that Dank & AFL, with many smoke & mirrors.
 

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017 ! Go Tiges in 2019 !
Aug 27, 2003
6,554
150
RFC
ninjahaha said:
Next series of the EssOnDrugs saga...

Players taking the club to court!


Then the AFL!



Hear come the leak's!
I do remember every player suing essedrugs and got a payout via the clubs insurance policy. I think it happened after Worksafe got the guilty verdict. Good Guy Watson was one of the last "grievance & suffer" oh here's another million for you Jab Watson.

meanwhile, I've always wondered that Cotchin & Mitchell have a legal right to sue them as well. Lose of earning from memorabilia and endorsements that comes from winning the brownlow
 

ninjahaha

Sponsored by Takeda Pharmaceutical
Feb 22, 2014
2,499
1
the shadows
Al Bundy said:
meanwhile, I've always wondered that Cotchin & Mitchell have a legal right to sue them as well. Lose of earning from memorabilia and endorsements that comes from winning the brownlow
Legally no doubt, but one of those things where you get caught in the mud and you come out looking like a Pile of Doo Doo.


Would depend on how much you value peace of mind over a payout.


Be surprised if either would wanna go through it.
 

22nd Man

Tiger Champion
Aug 29, 2011
4,695
253
Essex Heights
Baloo said:
Pretty sure the club has got all the players to sign NDAs, which would imply they all got some sort of payout.

We really need Dank to come clean, or the other bloke, the Weapon.
What about the bloke who was the "compounding chemist"?

As an aside, Caro really ted off on Monday night ...why Doc Read is still working there AND in their Hall of Fame?
 

Mac

Tiger Superstar
Sep 16, 2003
2,453
183
tigersnake said:
We are still yet to see any of the players really grilled, players as in players in the scandal not footy players, although they are players in that too. I'm talking really sat down and being asked the hard detailed questions, Leigh Sales, Sarah Ferguson 4-corners style. Its never happened. Back when it was happening there would be staged interviews, I remember one where Jobe was asked one question sternly, which he would no doubt have been given a week before to rehearse. Its amazing. Its not unheard of for the players to go to ground or be shielded initially ah la Lance Armstrong, but going on 6 years later and still no frank interviews with detailed questions:

'Who told you about the supplements program?'
'What records were kept by you or the club?'
'how many injections were you given? where?'
'did they have any effect?'
"what was the feeling amongst the players?'

etc etc. If the AFL are good at one thing, its circling the wagons and controlling the message, ie, they have a massive PR budget, I'd actually love to see their PR expenditure, I'll bet decent money it isn't on the record, or buried creatively.
Yeah, a real interview would be good. Remember that contrived 'interview' Tracey Holmes did with The Golden Tird? Pathetic.

And records has always been a great point of interest/concern. Funny how the record keeping with the player waivers was meticulous and available, but what they were signing up for was mysteriously vague and subject to 'inadequate record keeping'. How the two things could conceivably by separable is laughable. They'd be kept in the same damned folder! The AFL's non decision will always be a horrible dark stain on the organisation while those responsible are still in charge.

The thing not mentioned very often now that the 'saga' is 'over'(?) is the ongoing and future health of the players. There's still a chance this could play out years down the track if a cluster of similar health issues arise with these guys. I sincerely hope it doesn't.
 

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
15,968
165
Melbourne
22nd Man said:
What about the bloke who was the "compounding chemist"?

As an aside, Caro really ted off on Monday night ...why Doc Read is still working there AND in their Hall of Fame?
Good, someone in the media needed to make this more of an issue.
 

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
18,577
818
Another sob story by Blobbo in today's Hun. Bit of subtle finger pointing n blame diverting. Aside from the smokescreen of who might have done what to muddy the waters after the facts of the event started to unravel in public. There'll be no resolution, sympathy or forgiveness until the entire Essendrugs footy club puts their collective hand up n accepts full responsibility for what they were up to on the sly.
Most of them are still in total denial of not only having done anything wrong, but even of possibly knowing that some mysterious guru was actually trying to secretly make them do anything wrong. All still so innocent it makes we want to puke.

Still running around trying to blame Dimi for allegedly phoning Turd n Evans with an urgent warning as the catalyst for everything that happened in the two years of doping leading up to getting busted.

AFL had months earlier gone public about some of the sports scientists taking over the footy departments doctors, every club had the opportunity to pull back any dodgy practices n get their houses in order long before Essendrugs overdosed on their own hubris.
 

ninjahaha

Sponsored by Takeda Pharmaceutical
Feb 22, 2014
2,499
1
the shadows
TigerMasochist said:
Still running around trying to blame Dimi for allegedly phoning Turd n Evans with an urgent warning as the catalyst for everything that happened in the two years of doping leading up to getting busted.
Yep!

AFL's fault for trying to warn them they where about to get busted for their drug cheating! :spin
 

nqtiger

In the jungle
Mar 7, 2004
1,518
0
Back From The jungle
TigerMasochist said:
Another sob story by Blobbo in today's Hun. Bit of subtle finger pointing n blame diverting. Aside from the smokescreen of who might have done what to muddy the waters after the facts of the event started to unravel in public. There'll be no resolution, sympathy or forgiveness until the entire Essendrugs footy club puts their collective hand up n accepts full responsibility for what they were up to on the sly.
Most of them are still in total denial of not only having done anything wrong, but even of possibly knowing that some mysterious guru was actually trying to secretly make them do anything wrong. All still so innocent it makes we want to puke.

Still running around trying to blame Dimi for allegedly phoning Turd n Evans with an urgent warning as the catalyst for everything that happened in the two years of doping leading up to getting busted.

AFL had months earlier gone public about some of the sports scientists taking over the footy departments doctors, every club had the opportunity to pull back any dodgy practices n get their houses in order long before Essendrugs overdosed on their own hubris.
The wa4ning about scientists was because the afl knew what was up, the idiots at drugland thought they had a loophole, anyone who thinks otherwise is a drug supporter
 

22nd Man

Tiger Champion
Aug 29, 2011
4,695
253
Essex Heights
nqtiger said:
The wa4ning about scientists was because the afl knew what was up, the idiots at drugland thought they had a loophole, anyone who thinks otherwise is a drug supporter
Just like when I was At school and the teacher, out of the blue, talks about how he can smell when students have been smoking at recess. Me and my mates were dumb enough to think it wasn't us we he was alluding to.
 

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
49,030
1,326
From the Hun. Looks like the new season starts soon....


Dons drug saga: AFL’s bid to avoid witness box
It’s back NO senior AFL figure involved in the Essendon crisis has ever been cross-examined in the witness box. Gillon McLachlan, Mike Fitzpatrick and Andrew Demetriou could come a step closer to that in a ruling to be delivered by the Supreme Court.
 

fastin bulbous

I Dig Syd
Mar 30, 2010
1,985
180
Darwin
There’s a story in the herald sun about an mcg official receiving ‘counseling’ after yelling out ‘drug cheat!’ At jabba on Saturday night. Hahahahaha
 

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
35,079
1,752
So this court case, what's it all about? Who has invited the AFL to bare their souls in court and for what reason? Has Dank been ordered to attend as well?