Essendon face possible training probe [Merged]

Mac

Tiger Superstar
Sep 16, 2003
tigerman said:
Speaking of pricks, i wonder if they jabbed him in the wrong spot :D 8-
He saw Jimbob walking around with his tanned boner and said to the doc (in his best When Harry Met Sally impression) "I'll have what he's having".

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Mack Horton labelled 'disrespectful' after refusing to take dais with rival Sun Yang

I have felt like doing the same for the bombers.

Mind you Horton is a disgrace.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Mack Horton labelled 'disrespectful' after refusing to take dais with rival Sun Yang

I have felt like doing the same for the bombers.

Mind you Horton is a disgrace.
Know nothing about Horton, why is he a disgrace?
As for his refusal to step up on the dias I'm 100% in support. All dopers should be kicked out n never allowed back into sport. **** ant officials have been tip toeing n arse dribbling around the cheats for over fifty years n nothing ever changes. More interested in covering up, smudging n fudging around the issues to protect brands and dollars than actually managing an honest and fair competition.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Know nothing about Horton, why is he a disgrace?
As for his refusal to step up on the dias I'm 100% in support. All dopers should be kicked out n never allowed back into sport. **** ant officials have been tip toeing n arse dribbling around the cheats for over fifty years n nothing ever changes. More interested in covering up, smudging n fudging around the issues to protect brands and dollars than actually managing an honest and fair competition.
Fortunately no Auatralian athlete has taken drugs and no Australian sporting team would cheat.

Midsy

Into the future...
Jan 18, 2014
London
Fortunately no Auatralian athlete has taken drugs and no Australian sporting team would cheat.
Justin Charles and Smith and Warner copped bans that many thought extreme. I agreed wholeheartedly with the bans, as more important than the drugs/cheating, is how we are perceived to be dealing with them.

We needed to come down hard in order to earn some respect back.

Reactions: 1 user

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Horton is making a protest about 1 swimmer who has been found guilty and should have had his appeal heard before the World Champs. The fact that Aust. may have drug cheats does not make his actions a disgrace.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Horton is making a protest about 1 swimmer who has been found guilty and should have had his appeal heard before the World Champs. The fact that Aust. may have drug cheats does not make his actions a disgrace.
Agree and why would that swimmer destroy a sample that he has just given if he didn’t want it tested?

I like it when athletes make a stand as unfortunately politics and sport do mix.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Agree and why would that swimmer destroy a sample that he has just given if he didn’t want it tested?

I like it when athletes make a stand as unfortunately politics and sport do mix.
Someone on the radio said he was told to by doctors and lawyers as the testers couldn't show their accreditation. Which is plausible.

larabee

#12!
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Someone on the radio said he was told to by doctors and lawyers as the testers couldn't show their accreditation. Which is plausible.
I've heard that he destroyed it because the testers couldn't provide accreditation, but wasn't aware of the advice from doctors and lawyers.
That's some pretty quick advice

Give sample;
Doctors and lawyers advise to destroy sample;
Destroy sample

They must have been present to be able to offer that advice so quickly. If so, they should have advised him not to give the sample in the first place if the testers didn't show accreditation.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I've heard that he destroyed it because the testers couldn't provide accreditation, but wasn't aware of the advice from doctors and lawyers.

Give sample;
Destroy sample

They must have been present to be able to offer that advice so quickly. If so, they should have advised him not to give the sample in the first place if the testers didn't show accreditation.
According to whoever i heard he got on the phone to anyone and everyone he could before the testers left and was told clearly to not let them leave with the test.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Any Aussie caught on the gear should cop the full penalty, same as any other doper from any other country. Chinese blokes got a fair history I believe, got caught before n has also managed to avoid the testers on a few occasions. Now he's supposedly smashed his samples, wonder why? Musta been some official WADA testers instead of his usual back yard Chinese testers who might be relied on to do a SGT Shultz.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
From my perspective, as someone who has lived outside of the country for a long time and enjoyed lots of good debates on Australia's sporting culture (and broader culture), the action, rightly or wrongly, amplifies some outside perceptions that Australians are a bunch of ignorant, hypocritical racists.

I will defend Australia most of the time but this is Australian sporting diplomacy at its ignorant worst. There is a time and a place for calling out something (Chris Scott's little tanty's come to mind), but the bloke has embarrassed himself and his country and now he misses out on the final of the 800m.

Want to celebrate a good sportsman. Have a look at Kohli appealing to his supporters to lay off Steve Smith in the middle of a World Cup match. That's real courage and that is being a sporting statesman.

Happy to agree to disagree.

Oh, and Essendon should have been de-registered.

Born_a_Tiger78

Tiger Cub
Jul 16, 2008

Give sample;
Destroy sample

I've hird that this happened:

https://www.puntroadend.com/threads/essendon-face-possible-training-probe-merged.47670/

There's a bit of reading in the link, so for a quick summary:

- Sun knew there was going to be a bit of trouble if all evidence remained intact
- He destroyed the evidence which would have provided a quick, conclusive outcome
- He used the time associated with the governing sport's processes for breaches of the WADA code, along with other measures, and an incredible verdict. This delayed a finding of guilt and allowed competing before WADA's appeal process could proceed.
-And the next step is; WADA's appeal against the sporting bodies decision, will find that they are comfortably satisified that he was in breach of the code, and a suspension due to a breach of the WADA code will be enforced (hopefully for life, given Sun's past record).

BrisTiger24

Chimp's Love of the Tiger
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
WTF are we talking about swimming in this thread? We are tarnishing one of PRE's all time greatest threads.

When I saw it pop up I thought the merry go round had come around again and there was more Bummer misery on the way

Reactions: 4 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
WTF are we talking about swimming in this thread? We are tarnishing one of PRE's all time greatest threads.

When I saw it pop up I thought the merry go round had come around again and there was more Bummer misery on the way
Was it wrong for me to see it and feel a little glow inside?

Tigers of Old

Twitter: @Tigers_of_Old
Jul 26, 2004
The way the Bombers are traveling recently I was wondering if they were back on the gear when this thread popped up.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I wonder if Horton will refuse to shake his team mate Shayna Jack's hand.

Reactions: 2 users