Essendon face possible training probe [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon face possible training probe [Merged]

momentai

Tiger Champion
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Feel sorry for Joe, not for the Bombers.
Is he still injured or is it that he just doesn’t want to play for Ess?
Lloyd and others were pressing the club to refuse two first rounders from Sydney.
The position they took was totally out of tune with most clubs given players wanting to move, seem to get wherever they want to go, contract or no contract.
Ess with a messy coaching structure and weak recruiting look bottom 4 to me.

Reactions: 2 users

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
Ess with a messy coaching structure and weak recruiting look bottom 4 to me.
Please, please, please Dan Richardson, don't ever stand down/shift sideways/or sack Adrian Dodo.... the joy he brings is endless!
Let's send him Greg Beck's number if he needs a chop out .

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Champion
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Please, please, please Dan Richardson, don't ever stand down/shift sideways/or sack Adrian Dodo.... the joy he brings is endless!
Re Dan R....are WE better off or was he a loss especially with Balmey not going to be there forever?

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
Re Dan R....are WE better off or was he a loss especially with Balmey not going to be there forever?
Really don't know about Dan, they've made some interesting decisions since he rolled into Essendon. Only time will tell if they're right! Doubt he'll be back.
As for Balmey, he's basically on his way to semi retirement with them having restructured his old role and split it in two if I'm correct, prior to the virus.
Has a nice ring to it, Senior Club Advisor...... full of wisdom and all knowing. ... and only telling them what he wants them to hear! Think Neil's forgotten more than half the fools in the media will ever learn.:)

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Agreeeeed!!

Yep they turned down two first rounders for Joey "get me the hell outta here" Daniher and also made it difficult for Fantasia to go back to the Kochies so he changed his mind and decided to stay on at least for 2020..

Druggies would've been better off facilitating both moves and grabbing good draft picks for them.

Now they wont get dick for Daniher should he sit out the season and just go through the motions to have him ready to go for the Syda nees.

Missed a chance to bring in 2, 3 even 4 extra quality juniors to revamp and reinvigorate the joint and its culture.

Duddoro is a clampet.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Agreeeeed!!

Yep they turned down two first rounders for Joey "get me the hell outta here" Daniher and also made it difficult for Fantasia to go back to the Kochies so he changed his mind and decided to stay on at least for 2020..

Druggies would've been better off facilitating both moves and grabbing good draft picks for them.

Now they wont get dick for Daniher should he sit out the season and just go through the motions to have him ready to go for the Syda nees.

Missed a chance to bring in 2, 3 even 4 extra quality juniors to revamp and reinvigorate the joint and its culture.

Duddoro is a clampet.
Spot on. If a player wants out, see ya later. How has Dodododo lasted so long? his track record has been 'Greg Beck' quality for a very long time. People shouldn't be shocked or surprised by what Essendon does. I cannot think of an A1 quality kid dodododo has drafted in the last 10 years. Who? Langford?
Essendon aren't the Essendon of the 80's anymore. I need to get that out of my head. Nowadays they're driven by a lot of outside influence. Lloyd isn't any better then Gary Lyon. Lyon, who spent nearly every breathe bullying Melbourne into picking Scully at 1 and then Watts over NitNat was similar. But both are exactly the same when things turn to crap, "I had no influence on the club decisions."
Looking from the outside 2 quality picks for a bloke that wants out, it's an automatic 'yes".
They would've kept the top 10 pick to use on a kid and then use the other to get Pappy or maybe Wines.
Mistakes like that will hurt them for a very long time.
Collingwood have been giving away first rounders under Buckley like they're worthless. Considering the only time they have kept the picks they have picked up DeGoey and Stephenson.
Treloar. No way is he a 2 first rounder midfielder.. Kelly and bomteptelly are.

Last edited:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Agreeeeed!!

Duddoro is a clampet.
Forgot to mention, I agree they need kids and quality kids, but that Club is stained. There are players on that list on good money, that are playing because they feel the club owes them. They have had 3-4 years to regroup from the drug saga. Hooker and Hurley should've been traded out alongside Meltscum and the half back flanker.
They needed to start from scratch. Moving on Danihar last year would've been the icing on the cake.
They could've been coming into 2020, with 2-3 quality 20-21 year olds on their list and added 2 top 20 kids from last year.
Huge mistakes

Number8

Tiger Rookie
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Looking from the outside 2 quality picks for a bloke that wants out, it's an automatic 'yes".
They would've kept the top 10 pick to use on a kid and then use the other to get Pappy or maybe Wines.
Mistakes like that will hurt them for a very long time.
Throw in Daniher's history of injury and it was absolutely a no-brainer!

To underline Essendon's delusion was the way they celebrated on the socials with those bizarre "mission accomplished" posts.

Despite all that's happened to them over the past decade, the Bombers can't seem to shake their born-to-rule mentality.

Reactions: 1 users