Essendon v Richmond | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon v Richmond

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
I thought we may have been beaten by 39 points today, but we didnt give up.

We could of easily been beaten by 10 goals plus, but to the players credit they stuck in there.

Today, we played a team that is going to the finals. In my opinion the best Melbournes based team.

Yeah, Essendon supporters may have thought Essendon took it easy in the last quarter, I dont think they did and we should give credit to our boys.

I personally believed prior to the game we would get beat by at least 10 goals.

Yeah, we played in patches and at times didnt hit a target, but the fact is, they fight it out until the final siren this week. Unlike last weeks effort against St Kilda. Essendon is a much better team than the Saints.

What are your thoughts ?

Mark Harvey that even though it upset their game, the Bummers experimented in the last half and despite it upsetting team balance they tried to get as much run into a few players as possible.
I think they were kind to us actually.

When Essendon is trying to get the best possible position in the 8 and when percentage is very important, I dont think Essendon would be kind.

They took the game serious I believe.

Who knows. I am only commenting on what Harvey said. Going into the finals they needed to get some run into talls like Heffernan and Alessio even though the day didn't suit them and they normally wouldn't have been on the ground.

We were 40+ points down and the channel 9 commentators were laughing at how we had a spare man in defence.........they were critical of our defensive game plan and said that we were only concerned about minimising the damage...........sound familiar.

the spare man in defence worked well for us at the start of the year, then frawley suddenly changed it, WHY?