Event Promo/ freebies; George Megalogenis, How Richmond's Premiership can Save | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Event Promo/ freebies; George Megalogenis, How Richmond's Premiership can Save

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I have 6 complemetary double passes to give away to the following event in Brisbane, tickets are $17.50.

George has come up with a plan to solve Australia's problems using Tigers philosophy and mudus operandi. Should be a good night, I'll be there.

HEADS UP: George Megalogenis: How Richmond's Premiership Can Save Australia

This will surely be a unique event fusing footy and politics.

In a characteristically sweeping and entertaining story, George Megalogenis reveals how football has been shaped by the nation that invented it and how the game we love, in turn, might help resolve Australia’s political impasse.

George is in-conversation with Deputy Chairman of the Brisbane Lions and Associate Professor at the University of Queensland T.C. Beirne Law School, Sarah Kelly discussing The Football Solution: How Richmond's premiership can save Australia.

6.00 for 6.30pm Thursday 9 August, The Greek Club

http://avidreader.com.au/events/george-megalogenis-the-football-solution?utm_source=Avid+Reader+Newsletter&utm_campaign=b44d6f74fd-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_07_10_09_20This event commences at 6.30pm. Printed tickets are not issued and your booking will be on a door list under your surname. If you have purchased a ticket and book both will be at the door under your surname.

‘Manages the incredible feat of igniting hope again for something called Australia. Whatever football code you follow, or even if you don't follow sport at all, I urge you to read this book. It's bracingly sane and beautifully told.’ CHRISTOS TSIOLKAS

In a characteristically sweeping and entertaining story, George Megalogenis reveals how football has been shaped by the nation that invented it and how the game we love, in turn, might help resolve Australia’s political impasse.

A sport unlike any other in the world, football has always been Australia’s bellwether. But at a time when politics is increasingly conducted like sports – full of one-eyed tribalism, captain’s calls and policy dictated by the Newspoll scoreboard – football is the one institution that’s more relevant than ever.

And it’s Richmond that’s out in front of the pack. Before it could win the 2017 premiership, the club had to change how it thought about good leadership. By weaving together the game’s conflicted history, a sharp-eyed analysis of Richmond’s off-field turbulence and his own love of the Tigers, Megalogenis reveals just how Richmond found a new way to win – and how Australia might do the same.

George Megalogenis is an author and journalist with three decades' experience in the media. The Australian Moment won the 2013 Prime Minister's Literary Award for Non-fiction and the 2012 Walkley Award for Non-fiction, and formed the basis for the ABC documentary series Making Australia Great. He is also the author of Faultlines, The Longest Decade, Quarterly Essay 40: Trivial Pursuit – Leadership and the End of the Reform Era and Quarterly Essay 61: Balancing Act – Australia Between Recession and Renewal.

‘A public intellectual who barracks for Richmond argues that the Tigers’ 2017 flag contains the seeds of our national resurgence. That’s some footy argument . . .’ MARTIN FLANAGAN

‘Richmond are not yet ahead in the premiership wars, but through inspired leadership, they’re streets ahead in the culture wars.’ BARRIE CASSIDY

‘Megalogenis has done it again, but with an unexpected twist.’ HUGH MACKAY

The Greek Club's restaurant and bar, Nostimo is open for dinner and drinks prior to and after the event.

The Greek Club is in South Brisbane, near West End, easy walk from the CBD or South Brisbane Station.

To recieve your complimentary double pass, PM me with an answer to the question: "why are we so bloody good?'' 8-