Everybody is off to hospital | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Everybody is off to hospital

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Now that we have been thrashed by the team that was beaten by Norfs we need a story. For sales purposes. To sell memberships. And to sell the club to prospective experienced recruits.

So good to see that Bachar is off to hospital. Good sales story. Hope we can get him right and he plays on. No reason to torture him any further.

Next anybody who needs an arse hair removed is off to hospital.

We did not fail because we are gone. Nor because we have not recruited well. We failed because our champions have been injured all year. Time to sell.

*But we'll lose the next six games.* Yes. But with our maimed geriatrics we were going to lose them anyway.

We get Toby back and we ambush an off-guard fraud or two. And give Shocking's minions a sales script.

And perhaps as well as holding onto memberships we can attract some experienced players. While we rejig the recruiting department.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Good post Jack.

It’s all about next year now. Set the narrative. Play the kids. Give them freedom. Play to their strengths.

Send the wounded to the sick bay and make sure they are cherry ripe for November.

Nail our trade and draft period.

Our next assault will be worthwhile.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
the thread we needed. im gonna treat this as my catch all.

make of it whatever what I will

I'll use it, in the first instance to;

1. direct debit pledge my membership renewal for the next 20 years, if I may. I dont even care what the projected Yuan:USD exchange rate is in 2040,

2. prematurely make my draft/trade play: CCJ for Hopper + a 20% strike rate at the draft ..... 1 blue chip A grade mid + 1 smokey,

3. tearfully reminisce amidst the glory; these emotional, spiritual, financial halcyon days, and

4. retire nobody

someone sold my soul to the RFC a generation before I was born,

and I'll be in debt up to my neck till some hay-filled clay-quartz swamp hole sucks my broken body down

while a couple of people sing tigerland

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
"and I'll be in debt up to my neck till some hay-filled clay-quartz swamp hole sucks my broken body down"

While I love the poetry of your pessimism, Ez, I think we'll all make a dollar next year.

And, if it's not too late, you might get very practical with your betting this year. We'll lose some. We'll won one. Punting time.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Maybe we just want the media off our back and stop being called the 'champs' expecting us to do a 3-peat.

Maybe that last 10 minutes against WC f*cked up our plan to go on a roll to win this season's flag and Dimma advised the players to take it easy and go through the motions.

I'll be looking forward to next season as the hunter and hopefully bigger crowds back.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
How many players have a Syndesmosis Injuring? 5?
Seems high. What are we doing wrong to get these all of a sudden?

silvertiger

Tiger Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
Now that we have been thrashed by the team that was beaten by Norfs we need a story. For sales purposes. To sell memberships. And to sell the club to prospective experienced recruits.

So good to see that Bachar is off to hospital. Good sales story. Hope we can get him right and he plays on. No reason to torture him any further.

Next anybody who needs an arse hair removed is off to hospital.

We did not fail because we are gone. Nor because we have not recruited well. We failed because our champions have been injured all year. Time to sell.

*But we'll lose the next six games.* Yes. But with our maimed geriatrics we were going to lose them anyway.

We get Toby back and we ambush an off-guard fraud or two. And give Shocking's minions a sales script.

And perhaps as well as holding onto memberships we can attract some experienced players. While we rejig the recruiting department.
Crap post. "need a story". Seriously, deal with reality. Need to be ruthless and selfless which means tough decisions on old players who have become old and old planers to acknowledge they can not contribute as they have done over the last 4 years. It's called list management with no emotion and a club first mentality (professional). Your attitude is for an ametuer club. eg: Cotchin should be dropped on form. At the moment he is not a captains bumhole. Send a message that no one is greater than the team. Love Cotch but want him to go out on top.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Meanwhile, Gil raided his coin jar, and is getting into cattle

Hopefully a scrub bull hooks him

At the moment he is not a captains bumhole.

youre not from around these parts, are ya?

How many players have a Syndesmosis Injuring? 5?
Seems high. What are we doing wrong to get these all of a sudden?

Im no physio, but there must be a relationship between ligament and tendon vulnerability, and playing like a crazy *smile* for 5 years

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
"and I'll be in debt up to my neck till some hay-filled clay-quartz swamp hole sucks my broken body down"

While I love the poetry of your pessimism, Ez, I think we'll all make a dollar next year.

And, if it's not too late, you might get very practical with your betting this year. We'll lose some. We'll won one. Punting time.
Won several hundreds of dollars on Tigers last two losses but i did tip them to win in my tipping comp. Was just not that sure so all my winning tend to stem the hurt from loosing the games a bit. Won a bit on GWS beating Melb too.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Reckon there will be a few Richmond supporters off to hospital if the Tigers continue to lose their way