Everyone now copying Richmond!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Everyone now copying Richmond!!!!

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne
Doesn’t it give you the .....?

All coaches and teams are talking about enjoying their football (even if they lose??)

This round every winning team is going over the top with their club song after the game, the freo and crows coaches talking about how they enjoyed their teams playing even though they lost....,,

Fair dinkum what has Richmond started here?

Could the other clubs come up with something of their own FFS????

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

All coaches and teams are talking about enjoying their football (even if they lose??)

This round every winning team is going over the top with their club song after the game, the freo and crows coaches talking about how they enjoyed their teams playing even though they lost....,,

I think in the current climate kicking a footy would bring pleasure regardless.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Figgy's now offering an ongoing service fee for advice.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

Salty can't bring himself to copy us though:rotfl1

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Meanwhile, at 3:00AM, outside Jack Higgin's house a battered Holden Astra pulls up. It's windows are tinted. Sitting inside, hunched over the steering wheel is Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley. He pulls his Holden Centre cap down over his eyes and reaches into a bucket of KFC, settling in for a wait.

7:00AM - Jack's front door opens and Tenisha walks out. The furtive figure in the car, KFC bucket on his lap, empty except for well sucked chicken bones, hunkers down in his seat drawing his cap even further down over his eyes. Tenisha turns left heading to the bus stop down the road, as she begins her weekly trip to see her parents in the outer suburbs.

7:02AM - Jack Higgins emerges, a bag over his shoulder. It looks like he might be heading down to Punt Road for training. Nathan sits upright, knocking the chicken bones in the bucket off his lap and onto the floor of his car, the bits joining a collection of cast-off cheapies from the Tigerland Superstore. He lowers the window.

Nathan: *whisper shouts* Pssst! Jack!
Jack: *Caught off guard looks around for the source of the sound*
Nathan: Jack! Over here!
Jack: *Finally sees him* *waves and walks over to the car* Hello Mr Buckley
Nathan: Hi Jack
Jack: ....
Nathan: Oh. Um. Yes. Soooooo. How's it going at the Tigers?
Jack: Pretty good. Looking forward to the season. My brain's working well and my feet are going a thousand steps a mile.
Nathan: Still telling jokes in your huddles?
Jack: Erm.... No. Why?
Nathan: Oh we're innovating at Collingwood. We're telling jokes in the change rooms, during general management meetings, we're writing them on the cubicle doors in the loos, sticking funny post-it notes on Eddie's car. You know. Boyish hi-jinks and so forth.
Jack: That's nice Mr Buckley. *Makes to turn away*
Nathan: Jack. Wait a sec. Honestly our jokes are really crap. I don't get the ones that Pendles tells. We need your help.
Jack: My help?
Nathan: Yep! How would you like to come over to the Magpies and be our official funny person.

Right at that moment a bucket of water is emptied through the car window and onto Nathan's face and lap.

Tenisha: *smile* off Nathan! This is the third time this week you've been around to our place. If I see you anywhere near Jack or our house again I'll call Tom Browne and give him the photos I took of you peering through our bedroom window on Monday when Jack was getting changed.
Nathan: But....
Tenisha: Fuckoff I said! Come on Jack. Let's go.
Jack: See you Mr Buckley. *turns and walks down the street arm in arm with Tenisha* Hey Tenisha?
Tenisha: Yes Jack?
Jack: He wants me to go over to Collingwood.
Tenisha: What? Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Jack: Hehehehehe! I know. Collingwood! *Chortles!*
Tenisha: Good one Jack! *clutches his arm tighter*

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Figgy's now offering an ongoing service fee for advice.
The funy thing is with Figgy, his natural tendecies keep bubbling to the surface when he's under pressure. The Prelim loss, calling it a total waste of a season as an example.

Consider that compared to Dimma's comments after our Prelim loss, which really was a big waste as we were the best team by a long way in 2018.

All a Prelim win for Figgy would have got him, is a massive slapping the following week.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The funy thing is with Figgy, his natural tendecies keep bubbling to the surface when he's under pressure. The Prelim loss, calling it a total waste of a season as an example.

Consider that compared to Dimma's comments after our Prelim loss, which really was a big waste as we were the best team by a long way in 2018.

All a Prelim win for Figgy would have got him, is a massive slapping the following week.
He's trying to be a Dimma, but never will be. They live in their own funny world those Chokers. All will be prevailed at season's end.

Reactions: 1 user

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
I saw the bombers yesterday were implementing some mindfulness techniques pre match... but they were quick to say it wasn’t mindfulness.. no it was called something else....being run by Truck Rutten and Caracalla.... Seriously :rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Maybe we should wrongfoot everyone and revert back to TJ style 'if youse pricks don't beat these smiles you can all get smiled" ??

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
If this is the case I’m expecting these teams to get less free kicks.

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Why copy us in 2020. Shorter quarters damage our product as we highlight endurance to an extent over speed. Yes we want both but you don't always get both where we get our draft picks.

For those games where we are getting hammered early we often work our way back into the games when the opposition tire and can't match our two way running.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I saw the bombers yesterday were implementing some mindfulness techniques pre match... but they were quick to say it wasn’t mindfulness.. no it was called something else....being run by Truck Rutten and Caracalla.... Seriously :rolleyes:

It wont work they don't have a team connection they don't have a unified club.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
It is easy to copy, but its harder to invent thats why we are heads above these flogger clubs.

Same goes for #goDeez they are also a club lacking unity it doesnt take much to fracture these sides, Adelaide 2017 a prime example.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Same goes for #goDeez they are also a club lacking unity it doesnt take much to fracture these sides, Adelaide 2017 a prime example.

Adelaide should just shut down.
I saw Melbourne emplode after the 1988 slapping, but Adelaide seem to have taken it too another level.
Greenwood not a bad player, they let him go and the X cricketer was there best defender and both walked.
Its unbelievable to think the damage we created after slapping them in the GF.

• Wow