Favourite grand final bits | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Favourite grand final bits

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Lovely to watch
Hope Gary Lyon gets to see it as well - arrogant tosser

Giving xtra thought to this... G. Lyon all powerful behind the scenes with the hierarchy apparently hanging off his every idea....
I'm putting it out there that he directed the dees to take Trengove and Scully ahead of Dusty !
Actually. .... I quite like Garry now;)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Giving xtra thought to this... G. Lyon all powerful behind the scenes with the hierarchy apparently hanging off his every idea....
I'm putting it out there that he directed the dees to take Trengove and Scully ahead of Dusty !
Actually. .... I quite like Garry now;)
Garry Lyon aint as clever as he thinks he is, he's backed the wrong dog in a few fights. Was on the selection committee that selected Mark Neeld, and said years ago the Chris Connolly was a certainty to be a great coach.

Reactions: 1 users

jtigger

Tiger Cub
May 7, 2005
Every time I watch the replay I see a new “secret Shedda” highlight. Pretty sure it is him that spoils for Tiger Tom to pass to Shai for our first goal of the last quarter.

Reactions: 3 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
The answer lies back in the 2010 archives.

(Must watch)

thanks for posting.

I remember watching this at the time - little did I know how close they were in their predictions and it was strange talking about finals series as a club which was so devoid of success. I think the 3 flag target came later as that first 5 year plan didn’t mention flags, just participating in finals from memory.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
thanks for posting.

I remember watching this at the time - little did I know how close they were in their predictions and it was strange talking about finals series as a club which was so devoid of success. I think the 3 flag target came later as that first 5 year plan didn’t mention flags, just participating in finals from memory.
The first 5 year plan was 3-0-75 which was 3 finals, zero debt and 75,000 members. From memory we got the zero debt fell just short of the 75,000 and played in 2 final series in 2013 and 2014

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Been mentioned plenty of times that they were " ambitious ' targets to reach for. No point setting out a five year plan to achieve mediocrity. Doubt that Benny would have dreamed we'd pull off 100,000 members, two flags n miss the trifecta of flags by a poofteenth.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
I suppose we're getting off track..... but does it really matter?
Still just all about our collective love of Richmond!
Not sure there's a more invested CEO in the competition.
Worth a rewatch IMO:)
What a genuinely lovely bloke. His open and caring style obviously permeates through the club. I've had the privilege of bumping into him at the Brighton a few times. Takes interest in others even if they're a dribbling mess. We're lucky to have him.

Thx for sharing!

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
In the las decade we’ve accomplished the most of any team. Gone from ground zero when Dimma came in in 2010 to the top of the heap.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Favourite part of the Granny was Towner ragdolling that pest from Adelaide after the quarter time siren...... Melbourne player? Cant remember.
Oh wrong game:p:oops:o_O i think.
Still making me smile thinking about it though.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
My highlight at the game.
When I went to get a pie at half time and to come back to find a half eaten hotdog with the lot left on my seat with a nearly full can of coke.

Winner winner!
Nothing like free food to mix down a premiership win.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
My favourite moment of so many was when The Skipper kicked THAT goal in the last quarter ... his celebration was one of absolute elation and pure joy.
Makes me smile so much every time I see it. It's a ripper.
On Ya Cotch.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
My favourite moment was, everyone at Half time was already celebrating. Hugs, high5’d, singing, it was beautiful.
We knew there was no come back, not like Collingwood 5 goals up on your home deck against a interstate side with a very poor record at the ground and still found a way to lose.
Not Richmond. We suffocate sides into submission.
We shouldn’t be the tigers. We should be the Richmond Anaconda’s.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I like the moment Mumford (41) and Reid (50) come in to crunch Pickett but he is too fast and Reid gets knocked out by Mummy... the Pickett hits up Dusty.
I was waiting for a commentator to mention that, or it to be picked up on a replay. surprisingly nothing. great little moment

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
I was waiting for a commentator to mention that, or it to be picked up on a replay. surprisingly nothing. great little moment
The commentators were overawed of Malion delivered the ball to Dusty.

Reactions: 1 user

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Just noticed Rioli’s little ‘handball’ to Dusty in the 3rd quarter for his 3rd goal was actually a little open handed flick. Very cute.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
The dumb founded look on the GWS players faces after Dustin Marin goals from the boundary from the Rioli underground handball.

• Love