Favourite grand final bits | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Favourite grand final bits

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
The dumb founded look on the GWS players faces after Dustin Marin goals from the boundary from the Rioli underground handball.

That's it
Beautifully composed handball under pressure from Rioli and the snap from one D. Martin was sublime. Had me slapping my hand over my mouth, such was the audaciousness of it all by both players.
Still leaves me gobsmacked when I watch it, for the umpteenth time.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
He also did it to draw Davis.
When Rioli gets the ball and turns around, Martin claps his hands in a "give it here" gesture, and at that point, Rioli could have hand-balled it directly to Martin without the need to bounce it off the ground.
But he delays just a split second to draw Davis (whose movement at that point is glacier-like by the way), but then Rioli needs to go the underground route.
Unbelieveable.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Reactions: 1 user

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Marlion realising he had broken clear and applying the afterburners straight down the ground. Reminded me of Geoff Raines in his prime.

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
Riolis goal on quarter time. Cracked the champagne then as was confident we would win
Also liked riolis underground handball

but the absolute highlight for me was the response to picketts 360 from the GWS players

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Picture on facebook of Jackmond, Tommy, Bobble, Cadds, Nank, Lambo and Broady all visiting a young Tigers fan cancer patient, and getting around him in the lounge room of his house, fair turnout for a visit.

Little fella is obviously popular with the boys.

Great effort from the lads during their time off lettting the little fella wear a premiership medallion and hold the Cup.

Id post it but I am a technical dud.

I love seeing this sort of *smile* make me prouder of the lads especially in their own time.

Kudos to Bobble too for doing some last PR work for the club before he officially starts up at the Goldie.

#richmondmen

Reactions: 7 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I have watched the game five times now and each time I see yet more highlights of our game so it has got too much to choose one particular moment. I am still savouring the moment of the final whistle euphoria

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The media all week pushed for them hyped them up, barracked for them tipped them supported them, snag their song, plastered their big big sound gifs and memes and shitt all over the place in a half arsed attempt to create artifical support.

We then proceeded to shake them like they haven't been shaken in a fair while, then we beat up on them and shoved it up the collective clackers of all the haters and death riders and salty sooks.

THAT was my favorite bit of the Grand Final.....as well as being the most relaxed watching a game of footy I've been since we slaughtered the Suns before half time.

No wonder Der Kommissars hate us.

Reactions: 6 users

EJC

Tiger Rookie
Dec 1, 2010
Ballarat
Lunch at Young & Jackson's, then the walk to the 'G along the Yarra.

We were never going to be beaten. Sometimes you just know.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Lunch at Young & Jackson's, then the walk to the 'G along the Yarra.

We were never going to be beaten. Sometimes you just know.

I think it is the 35 years in the wilderness (can't count 1982 as we made the GF) but I was quietly confident before this year's Grand Final but still worried and didn't have the same confidence you had.

In contrast, back in 1980, bearing in mind we had been a power in the early to mid 70s, I had your attitude, I just knew we would win the 1980 GF.

Similar outcomes both times :D

DS

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
After GWS gave Dusty a tour of their Headquarters in 2013, it was great to watch Dusty return the favour and give them a tour of the MCG on GF day.

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
There were 3 or 4 times in the game that we just bullied the GWS, nothing dirty, but just bowled players over like it was men against boys.

Perryman was one, Hopper getting crunched and Williams late got nailed by Grimes.

Reactions: 2 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Cotchin's tackle on Mumford.
For someone who stated he was going to poleaxe someone Mummy went very quiet after that.
Betcha he gets "rested" when we play them next year.

Reactions: 1 users

Mark Zanotti

Tiger Cub
Apr 19, 2013
At 15.12 in the last, the camera turns to grigga as he rejoins the Tigers boys. But this is not about Grigga. It's about two phones, and how he is munging down on a hot dog in a bun. A guy approaches from Chollys left, and Cholly thinks he wants a bite of the dog, and promptly offers him a chomp of the dog, the unbitten end. How considerate! My moment of the GF

• Haha

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Watched it again last night. So many highlights.

Rioli knocks Whitfield to the ground at least twice.. Hits him from the right hand side each time. Just because he can. Ruthless.

During the second quarter, I assumed that Josh Kelly was injured and not even playing. Then he got a kick.

However, despite this, Finlayson was still the undisputed winner of the Josh Jenkins MIA award.

It was comforting when Razor Ray gave GWS a 50 m penalty so they could get their second goal in the third quarter. It was just like two years ago. It’s the little things in life that matter.

Soldo looking so happy when he was lining up for goal. Or was he having a p1ss take?

When Himmelberg effects a smother, Channel 7 shows the smother stats. Tigers 7 GWS 1.

Houli extends an arm of friendship to Toby Greene, who smiles ruefully back at him. Josh Caddy just keeps sledging him. That’s the enigma that is the Tigers, both nice and nasty at the same time.

Pickett’s 360. I hope he establishes it as a signature move next year.

How many intercept marks did Astbury take in the last quarter?

What a celebration of all things Richmond that game is.