Favourite grand final bits | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Favourite grand final bits

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
I ran into a cousin and his son as I was entering the ground on GF day. Actually I was in the ground, but trying to make my way to my seat.

Getting into the ground was an adventure in itself as a horde of noisy GWS fans crossed the overpass right as I began to queue at gate 1.

The first funny thing was how none of them seemed to understand how a queue works, but I guess considering their crowd sizes we can forgive them for that.

Back to the cousin. He's from a small town on the Murray River, NSW side of the border. It's actually from where I was originally from. We exchanged plesantries and he looked at me with this really serious look, all decked out in GWS colors and says "mate they are really hungry"!

I can't remember my exact response, but it must have been slightly dismissive because he seemed to feel the need to reaffirm his original observation.
"No seriously mate, they are really hungry"!

The conversation if you could call it that went for maybe 5 minutes and kept returning to this "hungry" with the serious look and the bulging eyeballs.

Post siren, I tried to seek him out, but he'd already left, I'm guessing to catch the 3.30pm Vrail to Swan Hill.

So I just sent him a text instead suggesting they must have stepped out for pizza before the game.

He musn't have checked his phone yet as I haven't had a reply.

3 and a half months, I hope he's ok!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Lucky enough to attend but on replay it would be Mcavaney resigning himself to another tigers flag.
He seemed aggrieved and I only wish Cometti called it as he was a long time tiger hater.
At the game it would be Marlions blind turn as it was right in front of us.
Sublime.

Reactions: 1 user

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Lucky enough to attend but on replay it would be Mcavaney resigning himself to another tigers flag.
He seemed aggrieved and I only wish Cometti called it as he was a long time tiger hater.
At the game it would be Marlions blind turn as it was right in front of us.
Sublime.

I just re-watched the Prelim, and you can hear the disappointment in McAvaney’s voice as we start our comeback. I’ve grown to detest the man.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Bit off-topic, but let's not forget a salty moment in the PF after Lynchy's paid the 2nd mark early in Q3:

1578097803636.png

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Bit off-topic, but let's not forget a salty moment in the PF after Lynchy's paid the 2nd mark early in Q3:

View attachment 9421

3rd Q was my favourite.
Not only do we take control of the game and make our way back to take the lead.
Buts it’s the camera shots of Salty in the coaches box, his face sums the quarter up. His face went from cocky to surprised. Tantrum to angry, disbelief and finally sad face.
It added that something special to the game.

Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
3rd Q was my favourite.
Buts it’s the camera shots of Salty in the coaches box, his face sums the quarter up. His face went from cocky to surprised. Tantrum to angry, disbelief and finally sad face.

Yes, he really adds to the spectacle.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Tomahawk added plenty to the night. (albeit in the coach's box! :)) )
Priceless.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
3rd Q was my favourite.

My fave too, just how quickly we managed to overhaul their hard fought lead which took a half to build up - simply magic :cupgold

DS

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
3rd Q was my favourite.
Also the shot of the cats fans stunned in disbelief

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I just loved this bit. He was literally up-in-arms and while he was actually on camera, he came to the realization that the decision was right and he had no case.
:mhihi Pricky just makes my day. Looking forward to his geriatrics fall apart this season especially with the arrival of super hero Josh Jenkins...

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
3rd Q was my favourite.

I would love to see a photo collage of Salty's 6 stages of grief which you have outlined :mhihi

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
3rd Q was my favourite.

Reckon I've watched that more than I've watched the GF replay
It's joy to behold

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
It still amazes me that the cats didn't fire a shot in the second half of the prelim. No big hits, no big clearances, their supposedly elite midfield were completely overran.

How sweet it was.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

View attachment 9421
Sad thing is that he n his Bro have been coaching exactly this way for ten years each n no-one in the media or any of the footy experts have even noticed that both of them are nothing more than fans barracking, not coaches arse holes. Salty's players all play exactly the same way as he coaches, just constantly squealing to the maggots for help.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Sad thing is that he n his Bro have been coaching exactly this way for ten years each n no-one in the media or any of the footy experts have even noticed that both of them are nothing more than fans barracking, not coaches arse holes. Salty's players all play exactly the same way as he coaches, just constantly squealing to the maggots for help.
Yep, have always called him a “barracker”.

caspar

We won!!!!!
Jun 8, 2006
Melbourne
3rd Q was my favourite.
I mustn't have been looking enough, but I remember saying to my mate, "At these prices I expect to see more of him on the big screen after our goals."