FIFA World Cup 22 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

FIFA World Cup 22

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
You just knew it was going to happen. Bit sloppy defence from Japan.

Complacent defending. What was that loopy kick up in the air by the centre half? Sometimes its better to stick your boot through it than making silly kicks like that.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Complacent defending. What was that loopy kick up in the air by the centre half? Sometimes its better to stick your boot through it than making silly kicks like that.
Yep. I suppose late in the game causes fatigue, but.....

If Costa Rica hold on, Germany will have to win now.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The Samurai Blue just don't look like scoring. It was a fear I had for them, beating Germany would mess with their minds.

Nice goal mouth pinball there though.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
That Costa Rican lying behind the wall in the Japan free kick earlier on looked funny.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Yep. I suppose late in the game causes fatigue, but.....

If Costa Rica hold on, Germany will have to win now.

They don't need to beat Spain, they could still go through even losing today if this remains 1-0. If Spain beat the Japanese and the Germans beat Costa Rica then 2nd place will all be on 3 points and down to goal difference. If that were the case, I expect Germany to qualify.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
They don't need to beat Spain, they could still go through even losing today if this remains 1-0. If Spain beat the Japanese and the Germans beat Costa Rica then 2nd place will all be on 3 points and down to goal difference. If that were the case, I expect Germany to qualify.
What if Spain and Japan draw?

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
One of the funniest games I have ever seen.
Costa Rica ventured forward once (albeit off a mistake) and scored.
Very wasteful the Japanese. They never play like that against us.
Does anyone know what the chant was?
Sounded something like:
Oh, let him go.
Let him go.
Let him go.
Let him go.

Was an enjoyable 90 mins.

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
The Samurai Blue just don't look like scoring. It was a fear I had for them, beating Germany would mess with their minds.

Nice goal mouth pinball there though.
Yep, the results of the 1st match day in the group understandably fed complacency. This group, like ours, wide open now.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
For me.... a non world game aficionado. .... he seemed the most in control ref I've seen... admittedly, that's not many.
That thing where he made the Tunisian bloke on the bench apologize. ... is that normal or could he have yellow carded him? Sorry for for ignorance on these things!

I guess he could have given the bench a Yellow, but it showed the quality of the Ref and the command he had. No doubt the Brazilian Ref would have shown the bench a Yellow, in fact he did.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Morocco look like they'll best Belgium. Strong performance by Morocco, looked dangerous the whole match.

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Belgium, as they were v Canada, pedestrian & deservedly beaten by Morocco.

German equaliser has opened up their group.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Morocco look like they'll best Belgium. Strong performance by Morocco, looked dangerous the whole match.
I wonder how many of the Moroccan players grew up in France, playing in the French system for their junior and youth days. Or at least for part of their formative years. The historical links with France mean a huge multi-generation Moroccan diaspora lives in France. And you see the cross over in sport a fair bit.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
What if Spain and Japan draw?

Spain would be on 5 and win the group.
Japan and Germany would be tied on 4 points and you'd think Germany would beat them by more than 1 goal which would result in them having a better goal difference than Japan. Japan simply couldn't lose that game if they wanted to qualify.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I wonder how many of the Moroccan players grew up in France, playing in the French system for their junior and youth days. Or at least for part of their formative years. The historical links with France mean a huge multi-generation Moroccan diaspora lives in France. And you see the cross over in sport a fair bit.

14 of their 26 players born overseas according to this article.

Reactions: 1 user